High damage AOE characters

Prev13
I'm trying to assemble an AOE team. I already have Sid and 88, and I am looking for 1 or 2 more characters that deals serious AOE damages. The more the better. I don't care about the speed, health or debuffs. I'm only concerned with the AOE damage and the character is also farmable. Can anyone give me some recommendations?

Some candidates: Jawa Dathcha Veers Ventress boba

Replies

• Options
    what about kylo? his damage isn't "serious", it hits less than sid's forsure, but he's a great character. his damage is similar to bobas.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Well vent and Boba both have strong aoes. Kylo also has a solid one. Jawa is also strong but I'd shy away from him as you already have 1 glass cannon. If you happen to have Vader he works well with sid and IG 88.
  • Options
    Time wrote: »
    Well vent and Boba both have strong aoes. Kylo also has a solid one. Jawa is also strong but I'd shy away from him as you already have 1 glass cannon. If you happen to have Vader he works well with sid and IG 88.

Vader is great but he isn't farmable and AI doesn't play him right.

Jawa, Ventress, boba and Kylo. Who hits hardest out of this group? Oh I don't care about their health.

• Options
    what about kylo? his damage isn't "serious", it hits less than sid's forsure, but he's a great character. his damage is similar to bobas.

That's why I didn't consider Kylo because people say he doesn't hit hard. The AOE damage is what I am looking for.

• Time
    293 posts Member
    Options

That's why I didn't consider Kylo because people say he doesn't hit hard. The AOE damage is what I am looking for.

But kylo can refresh his aoe if he's hit. Ventriss can refresh hers on a kill, and if anyone dies vent gets a buff and then her aoe hits really hard. Vent probably hits a little harder then fett, although fett is probably better in an aoe team.
  • Options
    Seems like Ventress could be the one. I have Sid as leader so boba doesn't fit. Thx for the input
  • Options

But kylo can refresh his aoe if he's hit. Ventriss can refresh hers on a kill, and if anyone dies vent gets a buff and then her aoe hits really hard. Vent probably hits a little harder then fett, although fett is probably better in an aoe team.

Vent hits far harder than fett if you can get her 50% to proc, it's great on offense, but it's so easy to play around her on defense. She's not even a threat to me.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Options
    You mean the AI doesn't handle her well?
    Can you get into a bit of detai please. How does she behave in defense?
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Your best bet if you want to up the damage of your AOE team isn't another AOE, but someone who buffs the offense of your team or lowers the defense of the enemy..

There's a reason a lot of people use Poggle
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    anybody get veers ramped up? i know he has done 15000 against me. but starts as a 50 shard - so long road of farming
  • Options
    The highest hitting AOE character once buffed is IG88 hands down. Once poogle hits offense up and Sid lands his dots I have critted for 6k+....on an AOE. If you coupled that with Poes expose some would be hit by 8k damage. Lando is great once his AOE gets ramped up but it starts off fairly weak...while IG88 can drop that damage right out the gate.
  • Options
    Skye wrote: »
    Your best bet if you want to up the damage of your AOE team isn't another AOE, but someone who buffs the offense of your team or lowers the defense of the enemy..

There's a reason a lot of people use Poggle

Yes, I thought about Poggle. But Poggle and Sid don't fit well because Sid acts before Poggle's buff.

• Options
    barstool wrote: »
    anybody get veers ramped up? i know he has done 15000 against me. but starts as a 50 shard - so long road of farming

I'm very curious about Veers AOE damage too. It would be nice if someone can confirm his damage.

• Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    The highest hitting AOE character once buffed is IG88 hands down. Once poogle hits offense up and Sid lands his dots I have critted for 6k+....on an AOE. If you coupled that with Poes expose some would be hit by 8k damage. Lando is great once his AOE gets ramped up but it starts off fairly weak...while IG88 can drop that damage right out the gate.

Agreed, that's why I decided to include Sid and 88 on the team. They're the best, ATM

• Options

I just unlocked him New Years Eve! I will def repost here once I actually level and gear him. Unfortunately I dont have credits atm to even start leveling him but once I do Ill share my experience with him.
  • Options

I just unlocked him New Years Eve! I will def repost here once I actually level and gear him. Unfortunately I dont have credits atm to even start leveling him but once I do Ill share my experience with him.

That will be great, thanks

• Options

Is that really a good idea? With the 10 level raise coming this month, i'm going to be stocking up and stopping my experiments
  • Options
    I've been looking for one too to go with IG88 and it's pretty hard to find some good farmable ones. Nothing I see comes close to my IG88. As far as the ones you asked for, I think Asaaj probably has the strongest one, though I can't remember how hard it hits. I know Boba's and Kylo Ren's are pretty weak. I have Datcha at 5* and his is really disappointing right now, I think barely 2k on a crit. I can't remember Jawa's AoE damage, but I think it is weaker than Asaaj and stronger than the other ones.

I think it's funny that Sid's AoE hits harder than most of these now.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ventress, definitely, she also has occasional stun on her basic attack. She's the only toon so far with 5 abilities/attacks.

One thing about Kylo is the retribution combined with his heal block basic attack is actually a great addition against AoE teams, if he survives that is.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Ventriss has possibly the worst ai in the game. If anyone has a positive buff on other team, even if it's defense up which she can't dispel she will use it even when she has offense up. She will use her aoe when there is 1 person left or there are counter attackers, and sometimes she uses basic attack when her aoe would kill someone. Her ai is the reason I'm leaving her at 4* as I really like her.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Maul and Lando are out of your reach for now. The problem with your setup is speed and enemy ability block. If you don't go first, a team with Speed buff and IG-88, Boba and Ben can liquidate you even before you fire tiur first AoE.
  • Options

Is that really a good idea? With the 10 level raise coming this month, i'm going to be stocking up and stopping my experiments

Right lol. I forgot about the upcoming update..it may be a while before I test him!:)
  • Options
    Tarkin ftw
  • Options
    For AoE you want to investigate these:

Coruscant U. Police
    Clone Sergeant
    IG-100
    Jedi Knight Guardian
    Plo Koon
    Veers

Ugnaugt is so awesomely bad you can already discard her. I've heard Coruscant is dangerous at 7*!

• Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma gives your team advantage and has an AoE attack
  • Options

Ventriss has possibly the worst ai in the game. If anyone has a positive buff on other team, even if it's defense up which she can't dispel she will use it even when she has offense up. She will use her aoe when there is 1 person left or there are counter attackers, and sometimes she uses basic attack when her aoe would kill someone. Her ai is the reason I'm leaving her at 4* as I really like her.

Thx for the input man. It's shame to see the AI f uped a good character. They should call it AS (artificial stupidity)

ATM it's really difficult to design a team that's good enough to beat the competition and easy enough for AI to handle

• Options
    Maul and Lando are out of your reach for now. The problem with your setup is speed and enemy ability block. If you don't go first, a team with Speed buff and IG-88, Boba and Ben can liquidate you even before you fire tiur first AoE.

Hehe, I have Poe handle the speed, no worries there.

You're right Maul and Ben are out of my reach.

• Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »

she hits like wet noodles though

• Options
    For AoE you want to investigate these:

Coruscant U. Police
    Clone Sergeant
    IG-100
    Jedi Knight Guardian
    Plo Koon
    Veers

Ugnaugt is so awesomely bad you can already discard her. I've heard Coruscant is dangerous at 7*!

Yes, I considered the police and I even farmed him to 2*. But I don't want to risk my resources on him until I can be sure about his abilities.

Does anyone have a high level police?

• Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »

she hits like wet noodles though

Phasma is one of the best leaders around right now despite hitting like a wet noodle. Turn control,speed down and assist procs are insane