Are Ewoks the key to success in this game(Omegas)?

ArarisValerian
357 posts Member
edited May 2016
Okay so here's my thinking, please correct me where you think I'm in error.

Point one: Ewoks are great in raids.
Point two: the best gear is found through guild coins and raids
Point three: Free Crystals are the best at the top of the arena where you finish in the top 10, but more the top five.

Taking these three points into account, I think I am going to give all my Omegas to Ewoks. The reason for this is because if they get so much more turn meter and I finish higher in guild raids I will have more guild coins to buy more gear for my arena toons thus making them better. I already finish in the top ten on most days. With better gear I could conceivably consistently finish in the top five.

I should say that realize you have to have quite a few toons to begin with, and I do have a few. I have roughly 22 7 * toons with about 4 more that I need credits to 7 star.

Thoughts? Is this line of thinking wrong?

Replies

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Their omega boosts are all very good too
  • Asic wrote: »
    Their omega boosts are all very good too

Yeah almost all are turn based. My only issue is that I only have one Ewok 7* and that is Teebo. I have Elder half way to 6, Scout at near 5. and I haven't even unlocked Chief Chirpa. I started working on chirpa three days ago.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    On heroic raids TMR is not as effective so ewoks are no better than DPS.

If you have 20 7 star you should be in a heroic guild.
  • Greg1920 wrote: »

My guild is not strong enough to complete a heroic guild. I really like all of my members, so I don't want to leave. We have members that are at level 60
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    They suck vs t6 raid since teebo's TM gets resisted 99.99999999% of the time, wbich makes them nothing more than a low dps team. Which is sad and annoying to see after you spend 4 months building them up.
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    They suck vs t6 raid since teebo's TM gets resisted 99.99999999% of the time, wbich makes them nothing more than a low dps team. Which is sad and annoying to see after you spend 4 months building them up.

hmm, well this is an interesting point. we do alot more t5 raids than t6. t6 usually takes us three days or more to complete.

I was just assuming that mine didn't do well at a t6 because they are not near max levels.

Thanks Warmonkey
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    warmonkey wrote: »

hmm, well this is an interesting point. we do alot more t5 raids than t6. t6 usually takes us three days or more to complete.

I was just assuming that mine didn't do well at a t6 because they are not near max levels.

Thanks Warmonkey

No prob, you're welcome.

I hit 1.5 mil with them in phase 1 t5. That was a lot of fun.
    I just spent TWO hours this morning retreating with them in t6. In that TWO hours teebo removed TM twice. Once was from using chirpas special that calls all ewoks to attack. The other time was from qgj assist call. Not once did he remove TM when he was stealthed when I hit the attack with basic button. I'm really frustrated right now! And oh ya rancor seems to love killing elder first. So that's awesome too
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Ewoks don't suck in T6 but they're not as effective.... T5, they can clear P1 by themselves, they rule. Heroic.... nope.

Really hope they fix this in future raids... I get a T6 being a bit harder than T5, but Heroic should just be the next evolution; synergies that worked in t6 should work in heroic.... what's the point of building upon your guys to have them not work in the tier? That's not fun and really detracts from the game imo.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »

My guild is not strong enough to complete a heroic guild. I really like all of my members, so I don't want to leave. We have members that are at level 60

I was trying to answer your question. Heroic Raiding is the key to success right now. Your plan makes sense given your constraints.

I would also get Rey started and levelled as she crushes tier 6 and 7 when you get there.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Ya if abilities for buffs and debuffs and other support stuff doesn't work we will be forced to just use dps toons like rey only. So much potential for fun if non attack abilities worked or were useful
  • Greg1920 wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »

I was trying to answer your question. Heroic Raiding is the key to success right now. Your plan makes sense given your constraints.

I would also get Rey started and levelled as she crushes tier 6 and 7 when you get there.

I have Rey at gear 9 and seven starred. I want to put some omegas on her as well
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    warmonkey wrote: »

This is not true, we have multiple, highly geared ewok teams in our guild that consistently do over 600k damage in T6. One member, mixing ewoks and clones, achieved a damage score north of 1.4mil in phase 1. I personally have done over 700k in phase 4 of T6. TMR may not be as easy as T5, but it still is highly effective.