Getting so tired of the magical AI dodging. Also, Dooku's lightning jedi %

shimmy
200 posts Member
Like clockwork, I can get characters down to needing one hit (either regular or enough that the ability will take care of them) and they go into 4th quarter comeback, 2 minute drill for the superbowl winning 99 yard td drive mode and dodge it. Happens almost EVERY TIME. Do my characters do this? Of course not.

Just faced a team two times in a row (that I easily won this match against after barely losing in the match before, my power 14.9k and his I think 15.5k) and Lumi and Luke where in trouble at the end and what happens? Dodge, dodge, dodge, resist, dodge. 3 of those were on ability attacks that if it weren't for the characters being close to dead, would have most likely landed. Oh and in between that junk, one of the dodges allowed Lumi to naturally do her heal and save Luke who had no health showing. Thankfully she had health immunity so it didn't bring her back to green.

Before this, earlier in the battle, Poggle of course dodged/resisted 3 straight hits (2 abilities dodged, Dooku's and Sid's) and was able to get off his offense up ability which I thought was going to cause me to lose like the previous match but it didn't. No other droids in that team so it wasn't any boost he got. Oh and I also think I didn't get a single critical in that match.

Now this happens in basically every match and I win most of them so it's not like it is causing me to lose but it is ridiculous no matter what. Just because one can win doesn't mean everything is fine.

As for Dooku's lightning strike, the whole 90% stun for a jedi is complete garbage....when in arena. I'd say of the hits on jedis that land, the stun happens maybe 50% of the time for me and that is WITHOUT any resist effect showing. Throw in the resist and the stun happens maybe 25% of the time. Naturally of course, when I face a Dooku and he targets my single jedi, she gets stunned basically every single time UNLESS she dodges it which is maybe 20% of the time.

So something that supposedly has a 90% chance of happening magically happens less than 50% of the time for me but happens every non dodge time when it is given to me. We'll call it an overall effective 25% chance for me and 75% chance for the AI when a jedi is the target. My Dooku is elite and characters I attempt to stun aren't elite or some crazy high star count so it's not that....it is simply the programming. Again though, in arena. In other modes, it works for me the amount of times I would expect it to happen.

I notice the same hilarity with Fives' counter. I have it at 70% and in other modes, it happens at least 70% of the time while in Arena, it's more like 30% of the time.

Fascinating that in that one magical mode, my "luck" (for those who refuse to accept the game has cheat coding in arena) just takes a dive and 30% and 10% continually win out over 70% and 90%...or maybe that is a sign I am lucky and should play the lotto if I can continually have something of low percentage keep happening.

Just give me a freaking break. I can almost predict how every single turn will go in battles now.

I am giddy for the time Dooku's 100% counter won't happen in arena as I expect that....and I am sure once that happens, people will still try and say there isn't an issue with the code. I've already seen Fives' extra attacker ability (100% extra attacker) not call in the extra attacker twice so it's only a matter of time to see Dooku not counter.

Replies

• I agree with you on Dooku, mine doesn't nearly stun/dodge/counter as much as an opponents. I have to say it's almost 3:1 in the opponents favour.
  • Ai got "buffed" in the December patch for arena but also seems like it happened in GW too the enemy teams dodge consistently and crit most of the times and stun
  • Yeah this type of buffing "AI" is very inconvenient.
  • Poerli
    113 posts Member
    100 % true and its frustrating
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    AI buffed is a temporal "fix" to PvP sniping while devs revamp PvP system and AI behavior. The better AI is defending less chance you losing your rank at high levels.
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • AI buffing is just cheating but for the AI. It's used to patch poor design choices until they come up with something better. More than likely, all of the characters we have been leveling will change drastically again. Just wait until the next "patch."

BTW, I've seen Dooku not counter an attack before both on my side and theirs. No stun or nothing. Just didn't counter. Don't know why.
  • Elsario
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    For me, the most irritating AI foe is Dooku. Sometimes he gets three attacks in a row. The current meta seems to favour stacking counter-attackers. The only way I've found to avoid getting swarmed is to use single-target attacks to pick off enemies piecemeal. I lose the debuffs from aoe attacks, but it allows me to survive long enough to bring my heavy-hitters to bear and turn things around.

I run a droid team atm, which I just started using Poggle with.
  • pvp isn't designed well anyway. No way of actually picking your defending squad, tell them to focus on one person at a time or aoe attack them insteas. The ai is terrible and the devs know it, so they just buffed it to get extra dodges, extra crits, extra revives and I'm oretty sure extra turn speed as I've seen ai plauers take their turn when my character was well ahead of them (and faster) in their turn counter.

If there wasn't arena credits and a fair amount of crystals at stake I wouldn't bother at all with pvp until it's completely redesigned
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Not to mention the clutch counters for heroes without 100% counter.

When in the green the AI counters at seemingly correct rates, once yellow or red it seems to creep up closer to 90%
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I'm personally experiencing AI that always stun, dodge n counter attack like 100% but is there an actual announcement from CG saying AI was buffed?

Don't see it anywhere in the patch notes
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    I had dooku stun 7 times today in the time I got to use 4 abities total from my team :D maybe I was just unlucky lol but I did lose that one. Was not quite as bad when I attacked the guy 5 mins later, did manave to get some moves in and win lol, but still a scary amount of stuns and ability blocks for a team with only 1 cc character!!
  • Dooku just dodged 4 out of 6 attacks from me, and he's their leader. I'd dread to think what it would've been like with Dooku or Lumi as leader with their extra evade. Still managed a win but they took down 2 of my guys that should have been still standing at the end
  • They won't nerf him properly, he's a pay2win character that you can get early if you put in money. Why would they destroy their own model.
    OP counter, OP bonus attack chances, OP stun chances..

Really fun seeing 1 full health char on my side lose against an almost dead Dooku because he gets a counter, then a bonus attack to that counter, his own attack and another bonus to his own attack ****, with each hitting 900-1000 without crit...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    Dooku just dodged 4 out of 6 attacks from me, and he's their leader. I'd dread to think what it would've been like with Dooku or Lumi as leader with their extra evade. Still managed a win but they took down 2 of my guys that should have been still standing at the end

Uh, Dooku's leader ability is also evasion.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Kosar
    84 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    as much as i've tossed down my phone in disgust after a couple fights, i have felt for awhile now it's the lack of transparency in the other 4 characters you are fighting. i've encountered 7* leaders whose party members hit for 1/2 of what my exact 6* characters were hitting for, and i've also seen 3 and 4* leaders with un-leveled leader abilities who clearly had all 6 and 7* star characters surrounding them.

i've been able to feel out most of the top 20 to know who is leveling slower or at the same rate as me and know to pick on them because I will see fewer Fives' counters and Dooku stuns. Usually if Dooku bounces his stun on 2 characters on his opening attack I know the rest of the characters are probably 1 or 2* ahead of me across the board.

i agree all offensive and defensive proc rates against jedi's is wildly OP now, and that ANY character having a 100% activation rate of anything is not good design. a little off subject, but if Dooku countered 50% and just Parried the other 50%, I think he stays completely competitive without being able to singlehandedly destroy a party before you can attack---which I have had happen after a single badly timed AoE by Phasma called in a 2nd attacker and then set Dooku on a Yoda-like spinning adventure for the rest of the 30 seconds the fight lasted.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    Dooku just dodged 4 out of 6 attacks from me, and he's their leader. I'd dread to think what it would've been like with Dooku or Lumi as leader with their extra evade. Still managed a win but they took down 2 of my guys that should have been still standing at the end

Uh, Dooku's leader ability is also evasion.

Sorry, I meant Sid dodged 4 out of 6 attacks, he was the leader