From a Longtime player of the game

The evasion and precrafting have destroyed the game. Some of you will remember right when the dynamics of the game changed. A few months ago, one day we started questioning why there were so many evasions, deflections etc taking place. It just came from nowhere. Now the game has evolved to where 9 out of every teams in arena or gw has a leader with gray hair and in the arena, if you swing and miss to open the game it's all over. Combined with the terrible gear system most battles are now 4 minutes of swinging at air or theyre over in 30 seconds because rng dictated your first attack couldn't land. This game was once fun and promising and it's now a hot mess of bantha poodoo. The people in charge also used to listen and respond and now they're basically ghosts except to tell us theres another character for $500 available. Out.

Replies

• lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    +1
  • That's Freemium for ya.
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    That's Freemium for ya.

but dodge doesn't impact revenue, if anything people stops playing the game or stop spending.

the lead game designer should be fired and go work in some online slot machine site
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Yea dodge...the final frontier. We got rid of Dooku for a while, everything was quiet, now he is coming back. And he is bringing his long time friend apparently, Old Ben. The game is reverting to the same leaders pre-fortitude.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    What's even more funny is that the nerf threads are probably going to disappear if this mechanic stops existing. There would be peace!
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Blurryface wrote: »
    a leader with gray hair
    best part of this comment.
  • Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    Although it is annoying i think this actually supports the chances a human has against the dumb ai as a lot more decisions have to be made and rey doesnt instakill anyone because she has less damage compared to health pools and has a decent chance to miss. This meta is far better than knowing exactly how every match is gonna play out, remember poe. That was the true horror.
  • #nerfthedookie

And +1
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    @Hbk146 The reason people are asking for nerfs is dodge! Rey would be stunned and taken care of after her first leverage if not for dodge.
  • When I first started the flavor of the day was FOTP. They nerfed him in a hurry. Then it was Poe. After they changed Poe they ushered in this current meta that turned the game away from attacking to being more like a tower defense game. Not what made it fun in the first place. But these jokers must be afraid to fix the meta now because of all the flyboys now running the evasion theme. Bravo well done. I haven't spent a dime in months and won't until this obviously broken evasion is fixed.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Honest question here: I did precraft, at least 4 maybe 5 Droid Callers. Has the game, in op's opinion, been divided into a group of precrafters (pcrs) and a group of undrrdog non-pcrs? If you didn't pc is the game unplayable? Are the top squads in Arena filled with pcrs and nobody else? I ask sincerely and literally if it is that bad? I don't know because I'm not in your shoes. I emphasize for sure, but is it as bad as it sounds?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    @Hangfire Those who pre-crafted dozens of pieces have an advantage that is also notable. You don't have much advantage over the regular guy with your 5 pieces. And now with furnaces in shipments, pre-craft isn't much of an issue.
  • If you precrafted or jumped on a whale guild you are way out in front now. There's a huge difference between those at level 8 and those at 9 and 10. Cannot even compete anymore.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    What's stopping you from jumping in a whale guild then? Pre-crafting is fixed imo as long as you buy furnaces. If you don't do either, then suffer!
  • Nicol_Bolas
    375 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Hangfire wrote: »
    Honest question here: I did precraft, at least 4 maybe 5 Droid Callers. Has the game, in op's opinion, been divided into a group of precrafters (pcrs) and a group of undrrdog non-pcrs? If you didn't pc is the game unplayable? Are the top squads in Arena filled with pcrs and nobody else? I ask sincerely and literally if it is that bad? I don't know because I'm not in your shoes. I emphasize for sure, but is it as bad as it sounds?

It was extremely bad, but it is getting better as more people get those gears and reach lvl 80.

For about a good month, a pre-crafter sat at #1 on the arena boards and absolutely no one could touch him. He would occasionally drop to #5 or so every few days as someone gets a lucky RNG to beat him... but there will be days where he does not move at all. When you have a bunch of G9/G10 when people are sitting at G8, the difference is huge. Even now, he has a team of G10s while the average folk in my server (started last week of feb) are still at G9.

As for evasion, can devs PLEASE explain why Old Ben gives evasion? Sure Dooku is a nimble duelist but Old Ben??
  • You don't get in a whales guild unless you're a whale. And people really think this game should move to level 90?

What should happen is there should be different arenas for different levels of players. Once you advance to a certain number of toons with a certain level and gear you can move on to that arena.
  • lunarwolf wrote: »
    That's Freemium for ya.

but dodge doesn't impact revenue, if anything people stops playing the game or stop spending.

the lead game designer should be fired and go work in some online slot machine site

Meta shifts drive purchases as well. While free players may be compelled to move on, due to the time required to obtain new meta characters; Those who spend may not see it that way, as they can, and do, shift with the meta very quickly, through purchases.

Sales tactics are very clever sometimes.
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Ageist pig-dog.
  • Also need to add in the nerfed credits from way back earlier this year. Before that you were easily able to promote your characters.
  • The game's main revenue stream comes from people suffering gambling addiction. Hence, such a high RNG. It's a roulette basically.
    I look back at my purchases of vaults, and most of them have been rage purchases after not being able to beat someone in arena or not getting the desired drops; not strategic decisions to develop a toon or work on a team synergy.
  • Mezmo wrote: »
    Ageist pig-dog.

haha, awesome

@OP

Overall I agree. Content development has been decent, but the tactical development has been terrible and frustrating.
  • Veritasum
    753 posts Member
    Hangfire wrote: »

@Hangfire I know you are not asking me, but I didn't precraft since I missed a lot of info avoiding the forums for a long time. But, it's not that bad. A lot of people have good teams that evade, and they're all over the boards all the way past 100. So ranks are largely determined by luck and you cannot change that unless you can go to a real pvp system where 2 players actually go against each other. People talk of "skill" but that only applies when you're behind the controls. There has to be a luck system in place.

Going up against a dodge heavy team that has precrafted gear is frustrating, but I'd say that really only influences the outcome of matches about 1 out of 5-6 matches. And even in some of those matches, "skill" does overcome those odds.

I do think evasion needs some tuning down, but overall it's not nearly as impactful to the game as many make it out to be. And neither is precrafting. Especially as time wears on and people get past those 50 pieces of gear walls and many more near the level cap.
  • Alexone wrote: »
    @Hangfire Those who pre-crafted dozens of pieces have an advantage that is also notable. You don't have much advantage over the regular guy with your 5 pieces. And now with furnaces in shipments, pre-craft isn't much of an issue.
    This might be true if you could guarantee they were going to show up. I need furnaces & droid callers and just yesterday one showed up for the first time in my shipments.

• Pre-crafting is still an issue (my arena server top 10 is dominated with teams with pre-crafted gear), but it's also an issue that there Is no consistency for offering in shipments the gear that needs raid rewards to craft. I have NEVER received an option to buy them in shipments, whereas others on my server have said they get offered such gear somewhat regularly. Obviously some of the components can be purchased in the guild store, but guild rewards are not substantial enough to make any significant progress, even after these being available for a few weeks.

It's hard to compete when your fate is determined by complete randomness. The people who got a lucky RNG and can purchase the gear move further ahead by placing higher in arena, place higher in raids, get more raid rewards, and can purchase more raid gear. It's a vicious cycle for those of us that want compete, but cannot do so because of bad luck.
  • Here since beginning! ++++++++1
  • one day we started questioning why there were so many evasions, deflections etc taking place. It just came from nowhere

These complaints have been around since early December. AKA a couple of weeks after global launch.

These complaints didn't pop up overnight, they've always been flooding the forum.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.