Factions/synergy still mean squat!

Prev1
cosmicturtle333
5004 posts Member
edited May 2016
Way back in March I made a thread about factions meaning more in SWGOH.

pFLByD7.jpg

80% of the forum members believe that it should mean more in some way or another.

@CG_AaronNemoyten stated:

EGAjZvM.jpg

Here's the link for that thread:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/17890/should-synergy-faction-bonuses-mean-more-dev-response-yes
My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
Post edited by cosmicturtle333 on

Replies

• cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    So, currently underpowered heroes who are a part of a particular faction, for example Nightsister Acolyte will only be more effective in battle when new heroes are introduced.

This is great for the game, it promotes diversity and brings formerly useless heroes up to participate with others . . . or does it.

There's a problem here though, on average factions don't mean more.

The following heroes have been added to make factions mean more:
    Chief Chirpa - Ewoks
    Rex - Clones
    Echo - Clones
    Magmatrooper - Empire
    Tusken Shaman - Tusken
    Jawa Engineer - Jawa/droids
    General Grevious - Droids
    Han Solo - Rebels/Scoundrel?
    Wedge Antilles - Rebels
    Sun Fac - Geonosians

Out of all of those heroes that have been added these heroes are farmable:
    Chief Chirpa - Ewoks
    Magmatrooper - Empire
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Now obviously spenders deserve some advantage. As the person who first used #SaveTheWhales on this forum you know I'm not saying this because I'm jealous of all of their strong factions.

I'm saying this not out of envy, but because I believe it would be better for spenders, non-spenders and EA profits if more faction-booster-heroes were farmable.

Maybe I'm wrong, but regardless of how big a whale I was I would not want to be fighting the same squads all the time.

It's really cool that whales are using Ewoks and Clones in arena. It's a clear sign that CG have done a great job boosting these factions to compete with the meta. It's exactly what is needed in this game.

But for one, maybe two players in an entire shard to be using these squads can't be very fun for whales can it? Eventually I would get bored of everyone else using the same heroes.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    To fix this issue I would make all heroes who greatly boost a faction to be farmable one month after release. The location of where they are farmable would be based on how good they are.

For example Rex is very, very good. It should be harder/slower to farm him. I would give him one hard node in level 8 LS/DS or something. On the other hand you have Tusken Shaman. I would make him farmable via arena shipments.

Currently the first team anyone farms is one from each shipment, one from Cantina nodes and one more. This is cheap, it's free, it's fast, it's easy. To promote full synergies and undertaking the slower farms you would have to make them more attractive. Rey is the perfect example (she is very attractive). She is a slow farm with three hard nodes, but lots of people are getting her because she is so powerful. But how do you get people to spend their valuable energy on resistance trooper? Make him more attractive by making new heroes farmable with a faction bonus.

The perfect example is Ewok Scout - I started farming him because Chief Chirpa was easily farmable. I spent a lot of energy on Ewok Elder and Ewok Scout (when they only had one hard node each) to get what I thought was a weak hero exclusively for the faction synergy.

I actually said this long before Chief Chirpa was added:
    Another example, Ewok Elder. He has only one hard node. He is the ultimate slow farm. If Ewoks had a hero who boosted the faction then people would be more likely to 100% invest in them, and therefore more likely to refresh energy and refresh the node. More crystals spent = more money for EA.

Win - win!
  • I doubt the aurodium to farmable time line will change, but more, farmable, faction booster heroes will be very good for the game and will eventually lead to more spending.
  • @CG_JohnSalera what do you think?
  • TL:DR my Nightsisters suck and I'm butt hurt.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    So, currently underpowered heroes who are a part of a particular faction, for example Nightsister Acolyte will only be more effective in battle when new heroes are introduced.

This is great for the game, it promotes diversity and brings formerly useless heroes up to participate with others . . . or does it.

There's a problem here though, on average factions don't mean more.

The following heroes have been added to make factions mean more:
    Chief Chirpa - Ewoks
    Rex - Clones
    Echo - Clones
    Magmatrooper - Empire
    Tusken Shaman - Tusken
    Jawa Engineer - Jawa/droids
    General Grevious - Droids
    Han Solo - Rebels/Scoundrel?
    Wedge Antilles - Rebels
    Sun Fac - Geonosians

Out of all of those heroes that have been added these heroes are farmable:
    Chief Chirpa - Ewoks
    Magmatrooper - Empire

Engineer is farmable @cosmicturtle333 & yes I agree they should release more of these not well known toons to FTP so they can make a good synergy out of it. Maybe Jedi/Beloved characters should be more chromium exclusive than these very random characters.

Don't get me wrong they're cool and all but will you catch any of us running to the theaters for a Geonosian, Ewok, Jawa or Royal Guard movie I think not.

MagmaTrooper is horrible to doesn't help in an Empire synergy. IMHO I think they release all these random guys because if they released all the Luke's, Anakin's, Leia's, Yoda's, Obi wan's, Han Solo's.

Spending would stop after a short time. They need to release these nobodies to FTP and give us P2P something worth paying for like Rex.
  • You know how i feel about it Bro I've yet to see it more synergy based. Also things like Dooku leads needs to be only sith and Bens only Jedi, even phasma only FO.....

Tired of it and yet to see CG see the problem. :(
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    You know how i feel about it Bro I've yet to see it more synergy based. Also things like Dooku leads needs to be only sith and Bens only Jedi, even phasma only FO.....

I hate that leader ability so much. I refuse to use it I don't want people to play against it. Not fun at all and there is no real strategy to it. I've never put Ben or Dooku in for lead and i've had them maxed for months.
  • You know how i feel about it Bro I've yet to see it more synergy based. Also things like Dooku leads needs to be only sith and Bens only Jedi, even phasma only FO.....

I never want nerfs to be the answer, and it is a solution to the problem with factions not meaning enough.

If they do change leader abilities to mean less to non-faction heroes then a leader ability like Luminara's would be good.

Dooku grants +15% evasion to all sith Allied and half that amount to non-sith allies.

The solution to making factions mean more could be hundreds of hours of labour spent on development and testing of new heroes, or it could be a few hours spent nerfing the current most powerful leader abilities. I would prefer the former, but will settle for the latter if it leads to more diversity in Arena and Galactic War.
  • Baldo wrote: »
    You know how i feel about it Bro I've yet to see it more synergy based. Also things like Dooku leads needs to be only sith and Bens only Jedi, even phasma only FO.....

I hate that leader ability so much. I refuse to use it I don't want people to play against it. Not fun at all and there is no real strategy to it. I've never put Ben or Dooku in for lead and i've had them maxed for months.

I'm with you on this, it's a shame others don't value their dignity as much and use those no-brainers. ;)
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Baldo wrote: »

I'm with you on this, it's a shame others don't value their dignity as much and use those no-brainers. ;)

Phasma all the way bro! Leaders that make sense!!

Yeah same so tired of the current meta it makes me sick just to see it. My entire leaderboard is full of it and i know some use it not by choice but because they have to.

I never want nerfs to be the answer, and it is a solution to the problem with factions not meaning enough.

If they do change leader abilities to mean less to non-faction heroes then a leader ability like Luminara's would be good.

Dooku grants +15% evasion to all sith Allied and half that amount to non-sith.

As they've done so far, the easiest way is to say it wasn't working as intended and fix as a bug.
    Also i don't think universal leader abilities are good for the game. Those like lumi,rex etc.. Are better since faction gets 100% and others only half, which is a faction bonus in some sense.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member

As they've done so far, the easiest way is to say it wasn't working as intended and fix as a bug.
    Also i don't think universal leader abilities are good for the game. Those like lumi,rex etc.. Are better since faction gets 100% and others only half, which is a faction bonus in some sense.

Stun grants 90% assist & dodge chance XD. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plz don't give the devs these ideas they are eager to make foolish things like this! ;)
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    HOLY I just thought of a sweet character kit. Dangerous attacker that lands 100% of attacks the attack cannot be resisted or dodged. Give him an AOE with the same thing maybe a counter evasion Leader ability.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member

Plz don't give the devs these ideas they are eager to make foolish things like this! ;)

@Nortikka_aikarajuu this is currently in game. Your stunned character is the one called for the assist and toons are always dodging while stunned.

@Nortikka_aikarajuu this is currently in game. Your stunned character is the one called for the assist and toons are always dodging while stunned.

Oh sorry you meant that! It's already fixed though at least assist calling stunned but dodging while stunned is still going strong and is shiet.
    HOLY I just thought of a sweet character kit. Dangerous attacker that lands 100% of attacks the attack cannot be resisted or dodged. Give him an AOE with the same thing maybe a counter evasion Leader ability.

It's obviously already under work, but probably will be released as 1k$ aurodium single purchase to give a clearer picture of what the game is about ;)
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member

It's obviously already under work, but probably will be released as 1k$ aurodium single purchase to give a clearer picture of what the game is about ;)

Maybe
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Dooku and Old Ben could be changed to just DS and LS characters get their bonuses, respectively. They both kinda worked with all sorts from their respective "sides."

As far as faction synergy goes, I don't think it would be awfully difficult to check keywords and give bonus damage if all five matched. The more generic the synergy (ie, Droids) the less the bonus, maybe 5-10%. The more specific (ie, Nightsisters) the greater the bonus, maybe 10-15%.

But really, given the state of factions (some only have at most 3 characters) maybe check keywords and if 3/5 match boost damage by 5%. If 4/5 match then 10% damage boost and if 5/5 match then 15% damage boost.
  • Dooku and Old Ben could be changed to just DS and LS characters get their bonuses, respectively. They both kinda worked with all sorts from their respective "sides."

As far as faction synergy goes, I don't think it would be awfully difficult to check keywords and give bonus damage if all five matched. The more generic the synergy (ie, Droids) the less the bonus, maybe 5-10%. The more specific (ie, Nightsisters) the greater the bonus, maybe 10-15%.

But really, given the state of factions now maybe check keywords and if 3/5 match boost damage by 5%. If 4/5 match then 10% damage boost and if 5/5 match then 15% damage boost.

If you follow the link I posted I suggested exactly that. The devs don't like that idea and would prefer that only whales have squads with powerful factions.
  • It's truly disappointing, and one of my biggest issues. I don't farm individual characters - I develop full squads, yet I'm forced to dismantle them just to compete in PvP.
  • aGlint
    54 posts Member
    Phasma grants a greater chance to FO so her leader skill is perfect. Perhaps making more abilities like that be less effective to non faction members is a solution.

I don't agree that these exclusive heroes like Rex should be farmable. People pay a lot for them and it would be silly if they can be farmed easily.

F2p should have a much harder road than paying customers. Moderate spenders should be at a big disadvantage to whales. Without those things there's no incentive to spend money.
  • aGlint wrote: »
    Phasma grants a greater chance to FO so her leader skill is perfect. Perhaps making more abilities like that be less effective to non faction members is a solution.

I don't agree that these exclusive heroes like Rex should be farmable. People pay a lot for them and it would be silly if they can be farmed easily.

F2p should have a much harder road than paying customers. Moderate spenders should be at a big disadvantage to whales. Without those things there's no incentive to spend money.

F2p should only have a harder road when it comes to acquiring exclusive characters. But all characters should be useable at an equal level whether youre f2p or p2p
  • Dooku and Old Ben could be changed to just DS and LS characters get their bonuses, respectively. They both kinda worked with all sorts from their respective "sides."

But really, given the state of factions now maybe check keywords and if 3/5 match boost damage by 5%. If 4/5 match then 10% damage boost and if 5/5 match then 15% damage boost.

If you follow the link I posted I suggested exactly that. The devs don't like that idea and would prefer that only whales have squads with powerful factions.

Yes, and with more creativity as well. Something like this would be great for strategy and fun both, though. They really need to reconsider this.
  • aGlint
    54 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Nvm :)
  • aGlint wrote: »
    Nvm :)

K
  • Maskarii
    851 posts Member
    First there was AllDooku now it's AllBen at my Server...i also think Synergie is much more important as it happens now, agree a lot of your points!
    Maybe in the future...