Starter Pack

Hi guys! Does these starter pack come often ? I've been playing this game for about 2 weeks and I'm not sure if I should buy one of them. For now I'm thinking about getting the Assassin Droid Pack, or keeping my money for greater pack in the future.

I don't want to miss out something that will never come back!

Thanks!

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Once they expire they're gone for good. Do some research here on the forums about what people say about them and then determine whether or not they're worth it to you. That's totally subjective.

My opinion is that they're not worth it unless you have a large disposable income and money is not a problem. None of the toons are must have (some like Mace Windu are garbage), and many are farmable.
  • Itscaptainphasma
    207 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    i bought the droids and they seem darn good. accept for ig86. but you can with patience get them in the squad arena. Ig88 does do a lot of damage and he has a heal block that is awesome.
  • The Mace Windu pack comes with a bunch of Jedi Consular shards if memory serves and Jedi Guardian which is useful in the tank challenges. I think Mace is going to get a buff in the next update, just a hunch. He's also great against taunt teams since his special is a debuff.

The Droid pack was a good deal though I haven't leveled up the IG ones yet to where they need to be, HK was a mainstay on my PvP team until mid 50's level. All of them do yeoman service in GW.

$5 Dooku, if you get the chance, buy him, it's couch change.
    He's hard to star up but great to have early - mid game, maybe in end game too if you farm him for long enough to get him to 7*.

The Kylo pack, he's easily farmable so if money is no object and you can't wait then great, otherwise, farm cantina node 4-C, it seems to have a better than average drop rate. Finn and Poe which I believe were part of this pack are both tanks but I haven't leveled them up enough to say how well they perform at level 60 or above (game cap about to move to 70).

Heroine pack, Bariss nerf will live in infamy but apart from that, you got other great toons and Bariss is still serviceable, especially in GW. Ventress is a fantastic toon and one of the most underrated IMO.

It all boils down to your disposable income, if you can swing it, all the packs have their advantages (except arguably the Year End one apart for beginners).
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I think all of the packs are justifiable in their own way.

The heroine pack gives some great heroes as well as JC shards. If memory serves you also get Ahsoka who is one of my favorites and farmable. Mace is good for the tank challenges and I also feel he is due for a buff of some sort. I don't remember all of the rest but I think Ventress was in there and she's really good and farmable. Barris, while not farmable will play a great role even at 4* in GW.

The droid pack is a huge head start on a droid team, toss in poggle and you're on your way to one of the strongest synergies available.

The Dooku pack was removed sadly and now gives greedo who I haven't played or faced enough to know how good he is but I'm sure he is an early game help for the DS table.

The FA pack would be a tough sell at $100 bucks but you get some of my favorites in the game including Rey I believe who is a tough farm. Kylo, Finn, and Poe are all farmable and solid in their own right. The crystals on top make the deal almost good. I didn't buy it but it doesn't seem too far out of line.

• Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    I think all of the packs are justifiable in their own way.

The heroine pack gives some great heroes as well as JC shards. If memory serves you also get Ahsoka who is one of my favorites and farmable. Mace is good for the tank challenges and I also feel he is due for a buff of some sort. I don't remember all of the rest but I think Ventress was in there and she's really good and farmable. Barris, while not farmable will play a great role even at 4* in GW.

The droid pack is a huge head start on a droid team, toss in poggle and you're on your way to one of the strongest synergies available.

The Dooku pack was removed sadly and now gives greedo who I haven't played or faced enough to know how good he is but I'm sure he is an early game help for the DS table.

The FA pack would be a tough sell at $100 bucks but you get some of my favorites in the game including Rey I believe who is a tough farm. Kylo, Finn, and Poe are all farmable and solid in their own right. The crystals on top make the deal almost good. I didn't buy it but it doesn't seem too far out of line.

Rey is NOT part of the Force Awakens pack.

I agree, Ahsoka is decent too, haven't geared her up yet but she does see service in GW but was a nice addition to the Heroine pack. IMO Ventress was the best toon after the Bariss nerf.

Also Bariss IS farmable on DS 5-C and 5-E hard nodes and also DS hard 8-A when it becomes unlocked.

Right, I forgot they're offering Greedo now in place of Dooku, still might be worth the couch change but really can't say, I don't have Greedo and when I've borrowed him he was underwhelming. Sucks you missed out on the cheap 3* Dooku.

I agree, Ahsoka is decent too, haven't geared her up yet but she does see service in GW but was a nice addition to the Heroine pack. IMO Ventress was the best toon after the Bariss nerf.

Also Bariss IS farmable on DS 5-C and 5-E hard nodes and also DS hard 8-A when it becomes unlocked.

Right, I forgot they're offering Greedo now in place of Dooku, still might be worth the couch change but really can't say, I don't have Greedo and when I've borrowed him he was underwhelming. Sucks you missed out on the cheap 3* Dooku.

Didn't know that she isn't in the pack. I feel better having not purchased it now. I have the Dooku pack as it was available when I started in November. And yes she technically is farmable but with two nodes and a drop rate optimistically of 1/3 it would take ages without spending a ton of crystals, thus my "not farmable" comment. I consider Dooku in the same manner.
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »

Didn't know that she isn't in the pack. I feel better having not purchased it now. I have the Dooku pack as it was available when I started in November. And yes she technically is farmable but with two nodes and a drop rate optimistically of 1/3 it would take ages without spending a ton of crystals, thus my "not farmable" comment. I consider Dooku in the same manner.

Agreed, been trying to farm Dooku but many days I go 0 for 6 on the two nodes.
    More or less abandoned hard node farming except when I need gear that also happens to be on a node I could use a shard from.
    The exception is Lobot, I'm determined to get him to 7* to run a killer speedy droid team but currently he's just a side project at 4* and low ability (2 and 3) and gear VI.
    24/65 to 5* makes 7* seem like an eternity away.