What will it take to get an answer on precrafting?

Prev1
hhooo
656 posts Member
Simple: What do we, as a community need to do to get someone to own up to, and do their best to resolve precrafting? Every single day that passes allows the gear gap to grow wider and wider, and it will kill the game if not dealt with. Directed to players and developers alike. Let's get a civil discussion going.

Replies

• Good lord...I think cheetohs are necessary, or some other delicious snack to lure a Dev into a response to this. There have been countless threads on this, tens of thousands of posts and yet not a single word about it from the devs. It's rather discouraging.
  • How can it be getting worse? No one can precraft those pieces now. For the record I didn't mess with precrafting and I don't care that some people were smarter than others and looked ahead. I feel that anyone who is complaining about it now is doing it because they can't accept the blame for not precrafting the pieces themselves.
  • @The_Oklahoma_Kid

Players precraft gear > gain a massive advantage over non-precrafters in PVP and raids > allows them to finish higher in PVP and raids > rewarded with more crystals and unfarmable raid gear than non-precrafters > continues widening the gap between precrafters and non-precrafters
  • Berdilio
    104 posts Member
    If I recall they did respond vaguely in several of the first large complaint posts.

Their response was basically (and I'm paraphrasing ) "oh we see all your points about precrafting being unfair; but just wait we have some a amazing stuff in store that will fix everything!"

Then no other responses after comments like that and merging threads to ones that had official responses similar to what I wrote.

Now this leads me to believe that the official response is, they don't care about this advantage. Some people got a leg up and it is still helping those people in raids and pvp stay ahead of others. The big things they mentioned obviously were raids and guild shop with salvage peices. I guess they assumed that adding those sources/content was enough to make things better and everyone to forget about this issue.

I'm over it now. I was pretty upset when they first did the precrafting since I could have done it but didn't. At this point it just is what it is I doubt aNY retroactive actions will be taken.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    hhooo wrote: »
    Simple: What do we, as a community need to do to get someone to own up to, and do their best to resolve precrafting? Every single day that passes allows the gear gap to grow wider and wider, and it will kill the game if not dealt with. Directed to players and developers alike. Let's get a civil discussion going.

Sorry bro, it's over. And most people are catching up because that's how long ago it happened. Did it suck? Yeah mega. Did they throw the non-precrafters a bone? No not really. Does it matter? Not much anymore.

Be glad, at least Fusion Furnace 5 is purchasable now.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • How can it be getting worse? No one can precraft those pieces now. For the record I didn't mess with precrafting and I don't care that some people were smarter than others and looked ahead. I feel that anyone who is complaining about it now is doing it because they can't accept the blame for not precrafting the pieces themselves.

Is this serious or just a troll? Checking the forum more often means they were "smarter"? Players who started playing the game earlier are "smarter"?
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Nothings going to happen, get over it.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I just decided to pre-craft. I make the decisions that pre-crafted items pay bigger dividends than refreshing anything, so I just save pretty much all my crystals. This way I've been able to buy one pre-crafted item per week.

I've finished higher in arena, higher in raids, top three most of the time now. So I've been able to take my raid drops, combined with some farming, and purchasing items in the guild shop and I've crafted my first two pieces of gear this past weekend.

Sometimes people make it sound as if you have to spend money to pre-craft, but that's not the case.

• hhooo
    656 posts Member

Sorry bro, it's over. And most people are catching up because that's how long ago it happened. Did it suck? Yeah mega. Did they throw the non-precrafters a bone? No not really. Does it matter? Not much anymore.

How are people catching up? Are there not huge threads from people who have still never gotten a single piece of raid gear from 10+ completed tier 5/6 raids? And from people who have still not seen a single furnace in shipments?

It's far from over. I'm glad you've caught up (that's what it sounds like), but I'd be extremely hesitant to generalize like that. Our guild has finished 8 raids (not at full capacity) and no one has even a half of a piece of gear yet. "Catching up" will at least another 6-8 months at this pace.

• hhooo wrote: »

How are people catching up? Are there not huge threads from people who have still never gotten a single piece of raid gear from 10+ completed tier 5/6 raids? And from people who have still not seen a single furnace in shipments?

It's far from over. I'm glad you've caught up (that's what it sounds like), but I'd be extremely hesitant to generalize like that. Our guild has finished 8 raids (not at full capacity) and no one has even a half of a piece of gear yet. "Catching up" will at least another 6-8 months at this pace.

Guy in my guild has placed between 40th and 50th every heroic raid has gotten 4 full pieces and crafted another.

Stop doing T6.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    The precrafters are maintaing the lead much faster than those who did not pre-craft to "catch up". The precraft bonus will exist until at least 1yr into the game, with the way drop rates are from raids.

Never forget precraft day!
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Build a time machine... Then watch how they introduced raids and raid shipments.

If that doesn't work, try again. Third time is a charm.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator

Nah, I haven't caught up with gear that much. I just know it's past the point of action. I feel you. You need a solid guild commitment to make even the least comfortable amount of "progress" with your Guild currency to buy the stuff in the Guild Shipments.

I just wish I had read the update and pushed to "pre-craft" myself before that update hit. It was a missed opportunity. But anyone playing after December is already at a sever disadvantage just because of how much costs went up everywhere. Then in January, when they took away selling the stuff you couldn't use. I mean, we can split hairs. The pre-craft was just the most recent issue.

I'll be hoping that your anger can subside soon. Because it is/was VERY frustrating to miss that.

Sorry for generalizing.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    Nothings going to happen, get over it.

Unfortunately, I agree. They monetized their mistake and doing anything about it now would likely cut into profits in shipments. There's no real incentive for them to even attempt a fix at this point. Personally, I waited patiently to see how the raids would solve it, as they said they would. When it became apparent that the advantage was permanent, I changed my rating from 5 stars to 1 star, citing the disadvantage newer players are at now. That's about all I could do. After that, I'm ashamed :smile: to say I bought gear in shipments to catch up, so people like me probably made it less likely they would ever do anything.
  • They did respond and put those pieces in the shop so for you to catch up just spend money problem solved.
  • Mp44
    157 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    It's still a major issue. Anyone who doesn't see that is willfully ignorant.

BUT...

If they fixed the raid rewards to be even and balanced for everyone who participates and made these items readily available, none of this would matter anymore.
  • Dred
    19 posts Member
    I didn't pretty craft and I'm not complaining. Don't be mad that people were smarter or more prepared and took advantage of a flawed system. That's life and you shouldn't feel entitled to benefits because you deem something to be unfair
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Dred wrote: »
    I didn't pretty craft and I'm not complaining. Don't be mad that people were smarter or more prepared and took advantage of a flawed system. That's life and you shouldn't feel entitled to benefits because you deem something to be unfair

Not even smarter, just more addicted to forums. :)
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Mp44 wrote: »

BUT...

If they fixed the raid rewards to be even and balanced for everyone who participates and made these items readily available, none of this would matter anymore.

This is it. Two things would make it mostly better:

A) Some human decency and respect. An apology.

B) A notably improved raid reward schedule, with a "contribution" and payout system that has had some thought put into it, and permits players to gear their characters at a rate so that they will have a visible path to catching up to precrafters.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Dred wrote: »

Smarter. Because they'd been playing longer. I'm not seeing the correlation. Perhaps one of these "smarter" people who precrafted can explain how this is actually perfectly fair, or makes any sense, and why EA should continue to make new content and requirements more difficult for new players than it was for the people who have been playing longer. No other game that survives does that.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Mp44 wrote: »

BUT...

This is it. Two things would make it mostly better:

A) Some human decency and respect. An apology.

B) A notably improved raid reward schedule, with a "contribution" and payout system that has had some thought put into it, and permits players to gear their characters at a rate so that they will have a visible path to catching up to precrafters.

A) No apology is necessary or appropriate.
    B...) agreed if you exclude the concept of catching up. Someone without precrafting can dump cash into buying furnaces and be ahead. I do thing a better way to get unfarmable gear should be introduced.
  • I still don't get why they decided to change the requirements for already established gear instead of making new gear for higher levels that requires the raid gear.

But that's how this game tends to operate. Instead of improving and adding to the game, the developers decide to tinker with the old stuff. I'm glad I didn't wait a day later to start playing this game because I can't imagine how hard it must be for newer players now.
  • Who cares? Want my guess on the dev answer? Yeah it didn't go down ideally. Live with it and move on. BTW, $$ is flowing into the game, so not a big deal and we've moved on and so should you.

BTW, I know many care, but it's more of a saying to reflect my feelings in this case.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    And yet life went on and the game is still here. I love statements that are so confidently fact based but have no substantiation, e.g. "this will kill the game if not dealt with".

So how exactly will that happen? Let me have a guess at that: "The whales that support the game will get so fed up that they will all quit and the revenue will dry up". How close did I get?
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    djlott wrote: »
    And yet life went on and the game is still here. I love statements that are so confidently fact based but have no substantiation, e.g. "this will kill the game if not dealt with".

So how exactly will that happen? Let me have a guess at that: "The whales that support the game will get so fed up that they will all quit and the revenue will dry up". How close did I get?

You do realize that not that many of the whales will continue to spend another 3-6 thousand into the game over the next few months? Thousands of dollars into a mobile game is not a recurring thing for many people. They will need new players to hopefully convert into whales, and this game is only getting more unfriendly to new players with each update. I'm sorry if you don't see that.

• Veritasum wrote: »
    Who cares? Want my guess on the dev answer? Yeah it didn't go down ideally. Live with it and move on. BTW, $$ is flowing into the game, so not a big deal and we've moved on and so should you.

BTW, I know many care, but it's more of a saying to reflect my feelings in this case.

I'll tell you, thousands of people care, if not dare I say millions, so there's no point in downplaying the OP concerns and jumping on the bully bandwagon. I am compassionate towards this subject. I lack to find words to describe how angry this made people. It was wrong. It deserves an explanation at the least from devs. However, the reality some are stating here is true. It was intentional for money Grabbing AND creating a gap between players (as whales were complaining about their money having no value) most likely, as it would appear. If not, they are being negligent to have allowed this to go on for so long Either way, it has sadly become a mass beating of a mutilated horse. One user suggested to get over the anger and move on. It's a tough pill to swallow but it's the best solution I believe. We have made the topic heard and for a long time. It's a lost cause =/
  • There will never be an official answer. Somewhere along the line they decided that gear would be the new farm seeing as 7* is forever the limit.
    So they made it harder to gear up and created a gear gate.

Precrafting is somewhere in the middle there. It's a mistake they made and honestly they don't say anything about it, because why would they own up to their mistakes?
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Veritasum wrote: »
    Who cares? Want my guess on the dev answer? Yeah it didn't go down ideally. Live with it and move on. BTW, $$ is flowing into the game, so not a big deal and we've moved on and so should you.

I'll tell you, thousands of people care, if not dare I say millions, so there's no point in downplaying the OP concerns and jumping on the bully bandwagon. I am compassionate towards this subject. I lack to find words to describe how angry this made people. It was wrong. It deserves an explanation at the least from devs. However, the reality some are stating here is true. It was intentional for money Grabbing AND creating a gap between players (as whales were complaining about their money having no value) most likely, as it would appear. If not, they are being negligent to have allowed this to go on for so long Either way, it has sadly become a mass beating of a mutilated horse. One user suggested to get over the anger and move on. It's a tough pill to swallow but it's the best solution I believe. We have made the topic heard and for a long time. It's a lost cause =/

Thanks. Not really sure why people are so hostile towards trying to improve their gaming experience. It's baffling.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    I think the answer if given would be.

We have looked at the data and determined that less than half of unbtainium gear out there is precrafted.

The heroic raid is doable by anyone with 10 7 star

By finishing last in heroic raids you get 1 piece per week plus 1 from guild currency Therfore you get two droid callers a month.

QG and RG each need a droid caller. Rey needs a furnace and a Nubian. Therefore in about a month everyone can have a full arena team.

Therfore precrafting is becoming a non issue.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Not many people can Do Raid 7 you make it sound easy, Most guilds do 5,6 Droid caller is the hardest part to come by All my Toons are 9 gear 2 ready for 10 gear soon as I hit 80 Yet My QGJ is still gear 8 still need a few weeks to obtain it.....But its been along time just getting that 1 piece ....Droid Caller is "Gold"