Farm two characters at once?

I use both IG88 and Sid and they are both 4* but i was thinking about since i can get 5 shards a day from the squad arena to go for both. 5 shards for each toon seems reasonable. so about 14 days to get both to 5* or 7 for one. either way its 14 days. what do you think is smarter thing to do?

Replies

• Tak
    352 posts Member
    I think it's always better to focus on one toon at a time.
  • Get one to five then the other. Then one to six them the other. And so on.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Get one to five then the other. Then one to six them the other. And so on.

/ agree. This is what I do and am doing both in arena and GW shipments.
  • Only exception to the farm one toon at a time is if you have to switch temporarily to level up another toon for a specific purpose (ie: getting stuck at completing a top level challenge until your tank, support, healer etc. is strong enough)
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Get one to five then the other. Then one to six them the other. And so on.

This is exactly what I do with GW credits but with Phasma and Lumi. Sid is already my first to 5* and there is nobody else in arena shipments I am very interested in though :(
  • Keep going with Sideous until you get to 7* then. Then maybe switch to Ventress or IG-88 if there isn't a new one added that appeals to you more.
    Some people are just hoarding arena tokens in anticipation of new toons.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Benr3600 wrote: »

This is exactly what I do with GW credits but with Phasma and Lumi. Sid is already my first to 5* and there is nobody else in arena shipments I am very interested in though :(

I'm going to have Lumi to 5* in a couple days and then I need to decide if I keep going with her or start on Phasma. I'm conflicted here as i want to get Phasma, but my head is telling me maxing Lumi to 7* is the better way to go.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Tak wrote: »
    I think it's always better to focus on one toon at a time.

If you want to max something out at 7 star quickly then yes.. Otherwise when you hit 6 you don't really want to going too crazy especially if you are over half way to 7* from 6*... as some characters you can still get from packs and it will push you right over... There's nothing you can do with any shards over the 7* requirements
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Benr3600 wrote: »

I'm going to have Lumi to 5* in a couple days and then I need to decide if I keep going with her or start on Phasma. I'm conflicted here as i want to get Phasma, but my head is telling me maxing Lumi to 7* is the better way to go.

Luminara is great but Phasma is the best support in the game imo. Please activate Phasma and try her out, you won't be disappointed. And if you actually are, you will be closer to a Vader shard at least :P
  • I agree with the others on here. Get Sidius to 4-5 stars and then get IG-88 to 4-5 stars. Then you can do one level at a time. I'd rather have two 6 stars like characters on my team then one 7 star and a lower star
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    Benr3600 wrote: »

Luminara is great but Phasma is the best support in the game imo. Please activate Phasma and try her out, you won't be disappointed. And if you actually are, you will be closer to a Vader shard at least :P

I am very tempted! I should have Lumi to 5* by tomorrow if I can win GW. Decisions!
  • Andrew
    202 posts Member
    i'm starting to get worried about who to farm now before the update this month.
  • Do we know roughly how long before an update??
  • Do we know roughly how long before an update??

sometime this month is all we know so far
  • I was actually in this situation a few weeks ago. I made IG88 a 7* before I started and currently working on starring Sid. This was because I was mainly only using Sid for his AoE DoTs to set up for IG88.
  • Gulp!! I 5* Lumi yesterday and won GW today so I have 1200 GW tokens in the bank. Still hesitant to pull the trigger on either Lumi or Phasma! Don't know which! So much conflicting info from the experts.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    You are better off starring up a whole team to 5 than two of it's members to 7 with the rest at 3.

Once you have a full team, then look at who you can replace and focus on one replacement at a time.
  • Thanks - But i don't know how Phasma would fit with my team?:
    5* Lumi
    5* Sid
    5* JC
    4* Barriss
    4* Chewie
  • Gabe
    36 posts Member
    I run
    4* Barris
    4* Ackbar
    5* Sid
    5* JC
    7* Phasma

My advice get Phasma. Chewie isn't worth anything.
  • Thanks everyone - I decided to leave Lumi at 5* for now and start Phasma. Once I get her to 4* I may go back to Lumi.
  • I just picked one character, went all out till they were 7* ( sid, boba, lumi ) then started my next characters which is now all 6* ( han, daka, phasma ).

Reason why I'm the type of person that wants to get a character done as.soon as I can so I no longer have to worry about them.