SQUAD ARENA: What are the most common team comps at midgame and endgame?

I realize this game is in its infancy, and the meta will change before too long (especially with updates), but I would like to gather as much data as possible. I would hope EA is paying close attention to this, but for the sake of this discussion, let us make two groups.

One lvl 35-50, and the other lvl 50+. Try to leave feedback only if you have played at least 20 matches in midtier or endtier or both. If we keep posts concise, it will help us gather data more efficiently.

I can only speak for midgame.

EXAMPLE:

lvl 42, Burst AOE Comps. I seem to always see Bariss, Kylo and Sidious.

Replies

• Most common mid game - not best, but probably best FTP - is, without any doubt, luminara, Sid, chewy, JC and dooku.
  • Raves
    56 posts Member
    On my server it's Sid, Phasma, and Lumi as leader for primarily top 10. Sid is mostly AOE teams, Phasma has some varying teams, and Lumi teams are somewhat varied as well.
  • On my server (hard launch, first week at least) I still see some Barriss teams but the stronger ones are Sid/Lumi with phasma, Daka and fives.
  • Soft launch server it's abit mixed but a lot of poggle Sid lum
    Then usually daka,dooku,ig88 or 86
    This is top 20
  • Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    On my server (hard launch, first week at least) I still see some Barriss teams but the stronger ones are Sid/Lumi with phasma, Daka and fives.

Same here, but sometimes they replace Phasma with Dooku. The difference between the two groups is the stars of the characters. lvl30-50 you can see mostly 3* Phasma but once you've reached 50 and above you see 4-5* Dookus, 7* Phasamas etc.
  • Somewhat OT, but regarding barriss led teams: my arena strategy was to target those teams. Never lost to one. Post nerf of course. Sadly there are few if any left in top 20 arena on my server.
  • Sid and Lumi are most popular leaders in top ~300. Phasma is a rising star, spotted more frequently now. See very few Dooku, Boba, Barris, Ima Gun Di leaders. Other chars have not been seen in weeks.

Teamwise is more varied.
    Sid and Lumi is in 95% of teams.
    Better teams are using high star daka
    Dooku still very common
    JC or Barriss still frequent
    Ig 88 or 86 are common.
    Phasma made a few appearences not as leader
    Poggle is being used more recently
    Boba or fives feature in many teams.
    vader is uncommonly seen
    Jedis other than the healers seem to be out of fashion
    have not seen many kylos yet
    tanks don't seem that common in the top at the moment.

Ive found playing against teams that use control a lot to be the most difficult. e.g phasma with speed debuff, bonus attacks, daka with multi stuns, aoe ability block attacks such as ig88s or bobas. The common cookie cutter teams using the usual sid, lumi, boba/fives, JC/barris, Dooku teams are very easy to fight now (practice i guess)
  • For me at 50 my team is the most cookie cutter: Phasma (L), Sid, Lumi, Dooku, JC. I use Phasma as leader because i never get tired of multiple people smacking the enemy Sid in the face without anything like Tusken Raider special.
  • Ilza
    67 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Level 35-50 is dependant on availability and fast farm. Except for the few big spenders you should mostly see Phasma, Jedi Consular, Chewie, Sidious, Luminara (at about lvl 45) and one of the early damage dealers from the cantina (Luke / Geonosian Soldier etc) with some random 4* pulls from bronzium/chromium mixed in.

You then have level 50 up to maybe two weeks after most have hit level 60 where some customization of the squads has begun but you still see alot of the same characters as earlier but at a high star count.

Endgame meta starts when most of the top has gotten their second set of characters to a high level. You often don't see that many healers anymore and generally more synergy in the squads.

Currently the trend seems to be:
    Robots for strong aoe-attack (IG-86, IG-88, Poggle etc)
    Strong single-target burst (FOTP, Qui-Gon, Leia often seen with a Phasma as leader etc)
    Debuff team (Sidious, Vader, Kylo with support)
    Single-target hybrid (Phasma, Sidious, Kylo, Luminara etc)
  • I see a lot of FTP teams with Sid, Lum, JC, Chew, and luke or someone else.
  • Tyrone wrote: »
    I see a lot of FTP teams with Sid, Lum, JC, Chew, and luke or someone else.

Hey that's me! lol. Or at least will be in a month and a half or however long it'll take to build...
  • Jyykson wrote: »
    Tyrone wrote: »
    I see a lot of FTP teams with Sid, Lum, JC, Chew, and luke or someone else.

Hey that's me! lol. Or at least will be in a month and a half or however long it'll take to build...

Ya, my team is similar. I just swaped chewie and JC for boba and bariss :)
  • Just got to lvl51, I'll break out some rough tiers.

In nearly all teams: JC, Chewy, Phasma
    In most teams: Sid, Lumi, Barriss, Poe
    In some teams: Dooku, Jawa, Daka, Luke, Leia, Asajj, Savage, IG88.