Poe or "fives" from cantina shipments?

JoshG
908 posts Member
I currently have 3* Poe and 0/30 shards for him. I am sitting on 32/50 shards for "fives". I will unlock Sid tomorrow and I am working on lumi in GW. Currently lvl 40 and my standard team right now is chewie/Luke/JC/Poe/talia

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    You dont need two taunt tanks. Focus on Poe and replace Chewie, because the two turn taunt, enemy exposure and turn meter manipulation > Chewie's one turn taunt and self heal (which is virtually useless vs the many Sid teams in pvp).
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    You dont need two taunt tanks. Focus on Poe and replace Chewie, because the two turn taunt, enemy exposure and turn meter manipulation > Chewie's one turn taunt and self heal (which is virtually useless vs the many Sid teams in pvp).

Sounds good thanks.
  • Options
    I have fives and he owns. That being after I max him I'm going Poe.

They both fit for different types of teams.

5555s with assist/counter teams i.e. Anti AoE teams.

Poe taunt expose. Works good with AoE teams. They are kinda opposites. Pick a style and run with it.
  • Options
    Fives is really good with the right team comp... I underestimated him, but now that I have him, run him with Phasma/Dooku/etc. and it turns into a crazy-fest of multiple attacks in a hurry. If you are already 32/50 on unlocking him, just get him unlocked before deciding either to unlock Poe or continue to star-up Fives, imho.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options
    ewok elder
  • Noci
    81 posts Member
    Options
    There are dozens of threads on these characters. I haven't nothing else to add
  • Andrew
    202 posts Member
    Options
    scootle wrote: »
    Fives is really good with the right team comp... I underestimated him, but now that I have him, run him with Phasma/Dooku/etc. and it turns into a crazy-fest of multiple attacks in a hurry. If you are already 32/50 on unlocking him, just get him unlocked before deciding either to unlock Poe or continue to star-up Fives, imho.

I was just thinking of making my team into this. I want my end game team to be phasma leader, fives, sid, dooku, luminara and then eventually replace one of them with kylo ren. Fives is really good with a counter-attack team, especially with phasma, Phasma gives you turn meter and slowdown, fives gives you slowdown, dooku stun, sid and ren healing immunity. With extra attacks you have an even greater chance of applying said effects. Excited for this team end game and hope it holds up.
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    Options
    I have Fives and he is great. Really like him for his health and counter ability and his ability calling in an assist can do amazing damage if the assist is a high dps character and you get at least one critical out of it.

I also have Poe and I have used him in GW but not arena...not really big into him. Probably comes down to how the game treats you. For me, his expose only usually happens to one guy and usually not the guy I want it to happen to. Maybe getting him buffed up a bit more will change my mind. As it is, he's a secondary throwaway character for me in GW and a tank to use in the tank challenge.

That's the thing with the game though: abilities are generally not going to act the same for everyone so while one may like so and so character, another may find them to be lacking from their experience. Phasma is another one. I see people saying how when she's the leader they get all these extra attacks but I hardly get any when I have tried her out as the leader or added her as help in the non arena/gw modes. Even teams I face with her as leader don't get many extra attacks.
  • Drake
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Today i used poe The First Time in Arena. I just win all My 5 battles. He is very fast, expose is rdn yes but You forget The turn meter reduction. With this My Team Hits First and then its 5vs4. Just Finish a key member and youre in a good Position
  • Drake
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Its The Same with han. Turn Meter Can make a hole game
  • Options

Does speed down stack? i.e. Can't remember the speed down ratio, but let's say it is 25%. If Phasma casts her speed down and Fives follows up with his attack, would the affected hero get 50% reduction in speed?