Advantage

Advantage is pretty weak, with the aoes and dots it is almost always removed by the time your turn comes back around.

I think the function needs to be reworked, too many characters depend on the buff to do any kind of damage.

Replies

• Options
    I agree, it should just last for two rounds instead of loosing it from attacks. In a true pvp it would never last long enough to get an attack off for players like FO officer or tie pilot.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Options
    I agree that DoT damage shouldn't contribute to its removal, but other than that, I feel it's perfectly fine -or even TOO powerful in the cases of Phasma when used properly, and the FO Tie Pilot-. If your Phasma is using her march when 2 foes with AoE's off cool down have full (or **** near full) action bar, you're doing it wrong and deserve to have it immediately cleared.

Advantage works best in conjunction with controllers in the group (stunners, slowers, and ability lockers) to get the best effect from it.
  • Options
    SinnerWill wrote: »
    I agree that DoT damage shouldn't contribute to its removal, but other than that, I feel it's perfectly fine -or even TOO powerful in the cases of Phasma when used properly, and the FO Tie Pilot-. If your Phasma is using her march when 2 foes with AoE's off cool down have full (or **** near full) action bar, you're doing it wrong and deserve to have it immediately cleared.

Advantage works best in conjunction with controllers in the group (stunners, slowers, and ability lockers) to get the best effect from it.

The dots are more the problem than aoe, if the team has sid and Vader (which is about 80% of the time) you can't even use advantage. So basically having those 2 characters on your team makes advantage characters useless.

I mention aoes because it is the flavor of the month and I keep facing all aoe teams, if there are only 2 characters that aoe it is easy to work between their aoes (assuming they don't add a million dots). If you are facing 4 aoe good luck.
  • Options
    d3gauss wrote: »

The dots are more the problem than aoe, if the team has sid and Vader (which is about 80% of the time) you can't even use advantage. So basically having those 2 characters on your team makes advantage characters useless.

I mention aoes because it is the flavor of the month and I keep facing all aoe teams, if there are only 2 characters that aoe it is easy to work between their aoes (assuming they don't add a million dots). If you are facing 4 aoe good luck.

For the Vader/Sid combo, bring a DoT/debuff cleanser (Barriss, Ackbar, Lobot, Ewok Elder) and wait until both have tossed their DoT's up. Ackbar and Lobot should pretty much fully heal your group (in addition to removing the DoT's, of course) when you face that combo, so THEN you're free to advantage up while they suffer the long cool downs on their abilities.

But, overall, I agree that the DoT's shouldn't contribute towards advantage removal. Hope that suggestion helps, though.
  • Options
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but doesn't advantage also gives some armor penetration? I believe I read this hovering over the buff and I also have the feeling dmg goes up when my toons do have advantage.
    Not sure tho so again sorry if it's not the best question :D
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but doesn't advantage also gives some armor penetration? I believe I read this hovering over the buff and I also have the feeling dmg goes up when my toons do have advantage.
    Not sure tho so again sorry if it's not the best question :D

Yes
  • Options
    d3gauss wrote: »

For the Vader/Sid combo, bring a DoT/debuff cleanser (Barriss, Ackbar, Lobot, Ewok Elder) and wait until both have tossed their DoT's up. Ackbar and Lobot should pretty much fully heal your group (in addition to removing the DoT's, of course) when you face that combo, so THEN you're free to advantage up while they suffer the long cool downs on their abilities.

But, overall, I agree that the DoT's shouldn't contribute towards advantage removal. Hope that suggestion helps, though.

Or I could use lumi as leader and just dodge everything!
  • ckl
    18 posts Member
    Options
    Advantage will be more effective when the level cap raises. Just be patient
  • Options
    ckl wrote: »
    Advantage will be more effective when the level cap raises. Just be patient

How so?