Arena Timeout When Receiving Phone Call

Kinda crappy that one can get a phone call and it ruins the arena... probably should be changed, no?

Replies

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Thinks that's somehow to convenient to abuse. Not saying you or me would but in general I think. Thats why I'm using a tablet!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Hahahha :p
    Happened me once and i got mad but i agree with CronozNL here.
  • How is it convenient to abuse? If you get an incoming phone call, it should pause the game, no? You have no control over who calls you, how often, or anything like that, right?
  • Head up!

Will all the people on my shard that are in the top 5 please send me their phone #?

:D

<-- Tablet user, this brought back memories of gaming on a modem. I feel the frustration.

I guess up I could turn the phone on airplane mode and just use Wifi, (disabling calls over WiFi if you have that enabled.)
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Dannik_Jerriko like calling half an hour before timer expires, just before daily rewards get in. It's not gonna be a 5 min snipefest but a call me please fest. Imagine some p2p player calling himself all day and game pauses.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    How is it convenient to abuse? If you get an incoming phone call, it should pause the game, no? You have no control over who calls you, how often, or anything like that, right?
    The entire time the fight is in progress, both teams are tied up and can't be fought by others. So you could just get a high rank, start a fight, have a buddy call you to put your game on "pause" and wait until the reward deadline.
    They cannot do what you are asking.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • The_Oklahoma_Kid
    930 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    About the only helpful thing that could happen is if you get dropped during arena matches is it doesn't count as one of your 5. But even that would be subject to abuse.
    Post edited by The_Oklahoma_Kid on
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    As smart phones have become more powerful (bigger, brighter, higher res screens with quad/octa-core processors), the manufacturers have had to reconsider necessity of some of the architecture. Recently (the 6 generation, both apple and android), designers have removed the second cell modem, considering it redundant and too costly on limited power options (we want them faster but we dont want them to run out of battery after 30 minutes). Because of this trend in smartphone development, your internal modem is being used for a data connection until you receive an incoming call. Your modem kills the data connection and switches to the cell network until you complete the call. The alternative is to connect to WiFi, where the WiFi modem is not shared with the cell/data modem.

Unfortunately, this is outside of the capabilities of the developers control.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Had a call during Arena match today. Rejected call. Won match.

Is this different for some phones?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    How is it convenient to abuse? If you get an incoming phone call, it should pause the game, no? You have no control over who calls you, how often, or anything like that, right?
    The entire time the fight is in progress, both teams are tied up and can't be fought by others. So you could just get a high rank, start a fight, have a buddy call you to put your game on "pause" and wait until the reward deadline.
    They cannot do what you are asking.

Interesting. I didn't think of that aspect. I'm just **** because I am not gonna miss an important phone call for a cell-phone game. Always gotta be someone to ruin an otherwise innocent thing lol. Bah.