Droids Fight Back Event - Comparison and Feedback

AaronBurrSir
78 posts Member
edited May 2016
March Event

3 Tiers - Requirements were 2 Star, 4 Star and 6 Star. Event could only be completed 2 times in one day. Attempts shared between tiers. Attempts could NOT be refreshed. Generally considered all around easier.

Reward Structure:

Tier I
  • Guaranteed Reward - 1 7 Star Training Droid
  • Guaranteed Reward - Chance of 1 IG-88, IG-86, HK-47 or IG-100 shard.
  • Guaranteed Reward - Chance of 2 Ability Mat Mark 1, Ability Mat Mark 2, or 1 Ability Mat Mark 3
Tier II
  • Guaranteed Reward - 3 7 Star Training Droid
  • Guaranteed Reward - Chance of 2 IG-88, IG-86, HK-47 or IG-100 shards.
  • Guaranteed Reward - Chance of 2 Ability Mat Mark 2, or 1 Ability Mat Mark 3.
Tier III (same as Tier II)
  • Guaranteed Reward - 3 7 Star Training Droid
  • Guaranteed Reward - Chance of 2 IG-88, IG-86, HK-47 or IG-100 shards.
  • Guaranteed Reward - Chance of 2 Ability Mat Mark 2, or 1 Ability Mat Mark 3.
Best Possible 24h Outcome
  • 6 7 Star Training Droids
  • 4 HK-47, IG-88 or IG-86 Shards
  • 2 Ability Mat Mark 3

Revamp Event

7 Tiers - No hard requirements outside of beating previous tiers to advance. Attempts not shared between tiers. Each tier can be completed once without refresh. Ally coins or crystals for multiple attempts. Each attempt costs energy. (this sucks) I think the mentality here is that the tradeoff for allowing non shared attempts and allowing to refresh is making each attempt cost energy. 112 energy required to do every tier once without a refresh.

Reward Structure:

Tier I
  • Guaranteed Reward - 2 1 Star Training Droids
  • Guaranteed Reward - 1000 Credits
  • Guaranteed Reward - 10 XP
Tier II
  • Guaranteed Reward - 2 2 Star Training Droids
  • Guaranteed Reward - 3600 Credits
  • Guaranteed Reward - 12 XP
Tier III
  • Guaranteed Reward - 2 3 Star Training Droids
  • Guaranteed Reward - 8100 Credits
  • Guaranteed Reward - 14 XP
Tier IV
  • Guaranteed Reward - 2 4 Star Training Droids
  • Guaranteed Reward - 14,000 Credits
  • Guaranteed Reward - 1 Jawa or 1 Dathcha Shard
  • Guaranteed Reward - 16 XP
Tier V
  • Guaranteed Reward - 2 5 Star Training Droids
  • Guaranteed Reward - 19,250 Credits
  • Guaranteed Reward - 1 Jawa or Dathcha Shard
  • Guaranteed Reward - 18 XP
Tier VI
  • Guaranteed Reward - 2 6 Star Training Droids
  • Guaranteed Reward - 24,200 Credits
  • Guaranteed Reward - 1 Jawa or Dathcha or Jawa Engineer Shard
  • Guaranteed Reward - 20 XP
Tier VII - FIRST COMPLETION
  • Guaranteed Reward - 2 7 Star Training Droids
  • Guaranteed Reward - 250,000 Credits
  • Guaranteed Reward - 6 Shards Total - 2 Jawa, 2 Dathcha, 2 Jawa Engineer
  • Guaranteed Reward - 22 XP
Tier VII - Refresh
  • Guaranteed Reward - 2 7 Star Training Droids
  • Guaranteed Reward - 25,000 Credits
  • Guaranteed Reward - 1 Jawa or Dathcha or Jawa Engineer Shard
  • Guaranteed Reward - 22 XP
Best Possible 24h Outcome (First Completion)
  • 2 1 Star, 2 2 Star, 2 3 Star, 2 4 Star, 2 5 Star, 2 6 Star and 2 7 Star Training Droids
  • 9 Shards Total - 2 Guaranteed of each. - Possibility of 3 additional Jawa or Dathcha or 2 JE + 1 Jawa or Dathcha
  • 320,150 Credits
Best Possible 24h Outcome (After First Completion)
  • 2 1 Star, 2 2 Star, 2 3 Star, 2 4 Star, 2 5 Star, 2 6 Star and 2 7 Star Training Droids
  • 4 Shards Total - Mix of 2 Jawa or Dathcha and 2 Jawa, Dathcha or JE Shards
  • 70,150 Credits
Best Possible 24h Outcome (With All 5 Refresh)

Nasty Crystal Cost - 765 - About 7 or 8 USD
  • 12 1 Star, 12 2 Star, 12 3 Star, 12 4 Star, 12 5 Star, 12 6 Star and 12 7 Star Training Droids
  • 24 Shards Total - Mix of 12 Jawa or Dathcha and 12 Jawa, Dathcha or JE Shards
  • 420,900 Credits
CONCLUSIONS

Subjectively the first run of the event is better because it is less difficult, it doesn't cost any player resources and the rewards are a looooot better for the lower tiers.

However objectively it changes at the higher tiers. By the numbers alone, the maximum amount of shards you could get in one day from the first event was 4. In comparison, the maximum amount of shards you can get in this new event is 9.

Again however, the dealbreaker seems to be the 4 extra 7[*] Training Droids. But does the new event somewhat make up for this with the credit reward (when people are talking constantly about being credit starved) and the ability to do refreshes?

The new event is considerably more difficult, but the rewards seem to justify (IMO) the raise in difficulty. The first event limited you at 2 attempts that were shared across all 3 tiers. The new event is 7 attempts, one for each Tier. The first event was 2 and you're done for the day. The new event is 1, but allows you to refresh attempts. Sadly the cost to refresh Tier VII starts at 40 crystals. Is 40 crystals worth 2 7[*] Training Droids? If someone already has a team capable of completing Tier VII, are these worth it? Probably not.

Development Feedback
  • The use of ally coins for refreshing attempts is a step in the right direction.
  • Requiring energy to complete each tier is reasonable for every first attempt, but not for the refreshes. I would suggest changing this so that on subsequent attempts which require player resources for refreshing that you omit the energy requirement and XP reward. This is especially relevant on Tiers VI and VII since the player is spending crystals instead of ally coins to refresh attempts. This is especially crushing since the crystal cost to refresh energy goes up at the same time.
  • Buff the rewards for Tiers I through IV slightly. Perhaps include ability mats? This seems comparable to the shards in the higher Tiers.
  • I believe the difficulty ramp up for this event was acceptable. It wasn't quite as insane as Yoda pre-nerf but still harder than Yoda post-nerf.
  • I think across the board when you take Arena, GW and Raid meta into account, Jawas are not nearly as strong as Droids. I think this is a big reason why a lot of people are put off by the new version of the event. A better selection of shards might have been something like, Jawa Engineer, IG-86 and IG-88 as possible shard rewards instead of Jawa Engineer, Jawa and Dathcha.
Post edited by AaronBurrSir on

Replies

• Mysery
    16 posts Member
    There does appear to be a hard requirement on the new event. With 2 bots at lvl 75 and 1 at lvl 71, all at 6*, I am locked out of T4+.

Now comparing rewards for what I can spend roughly the same energy on...

I can run the T3 bot event 3 times for 42 energy and earn:
    • 24.3k credits
    • 6x 3* training.
    Or I can run the T2 profit mining and Training Droid events for 48 energy and earn:
    • 8-24k credits
    • 1 each 2-4* (equiv to 3.33x 3*) with a chance at 3x each droid (equiv to 10x 3*)
    The standard events have much lower requirements but yield similar rewards. And when we look at the payout for the Ewok event, the discrepancy is seems more obvious. I suggest adding +1 random jawa shard to all tiers of the new event to account for the steeper requirements as compared to the standard events,. and to be more inline with the Ewok event.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Mysery wrote: »
    There does appear to be a hard requirement on the new event. With 2 bots at lvl 75 and 1 at lvl 71, all at 6*, I am locked out of T4+.

• 24.3k credits
    • 6x 3* training.
    Or I can run the T2 profit mining and Training Droid events for 48 energy and earn:
    • 8-24k credits
    • 1 each 2-4* (equiv to 3.33x 3*) with a chance at 3x each droid (equiv to 10x 3*)
    The standard events have much lower requirements but yield similar rewards. And when we look at the payout for the Ewok event, the discrepancy is seems more obvious. I suggest adding +1 random jawa shard to all tiers of the new event to account for the steeper requirements as compared to the standard events,. and to be more inline with the Ewok event.

You have to run the Tier 3 event once in order to unlock Tier 4 and so on
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Mysery wrote: »

• 24.3k credits
    • 6x 3* training.
    • 8-24k credits

Yeah when comparing this event to other events you can currently do, it's comparable.

The main point of this post however is a comparison between the event as it is now, and what it was like back in March as an android exclusive. The lower tiers simply do not compare very well. Especially considering most people stuck on the lower tiers need the training droids where as people capable of doing the higher tiers in this event most likely don't need the training droids that badly.
  • Mysery
    16 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I suspected I might need to run the T3 to unlock T4, but wasn't sure since other events like this don't.

I understand the OP was comparing to the old event, but I think it's just as important to consider what else I can currently do with the energy. I suppose it would help if the possible rewards were visible for the yet to be unlocked tiers, where it starts to make some sense to invest in this event.

Even still... when you consider that Jawa is a starting character most people have already taken as far as they intend to, even T7 has a high chance of yielding a mostly useless shard.

My point was, a limited time event with steep requirements should have obviously better payouts than something always available with minimal requirements. By comparison, the Ewok event had clearly better payouts than the standard events or this Droid event. IMO the Ewok event was very worthwhile. This one is marginal.