Underpowered: Anakin

Mazurka
961 posts Member
I have just taken Anakin to g11 in hopes that he would go from trash, to average. I was wrong. Anakin hits very softly with his basic, around 3k no crit, and even softer on his AOE, around 2k no crit. This is saddening, as I can barely use him in my first couple nodes of GW. He is an attacker, with no bite, and while buff immunity is very useful, he doesn't have a high enough percent to land it to actually make it worthwhile. His on death skills are made irrelevant by how little damage he does, and how hard it is to set up his AOE. Anakin is in desperate need of a damage boost if you want to keep his kit the way it is. Please buff Anakin CG, you are our only hope

Replies

• Absolutely. The most powerful Jedi ever shouldn't be a laughingstock. He does, after all, have a midichlorian count off the chart. Higher than master Yoda, even. Over twenty thousand!

In all seriousness, no toon should be this bad at 7* level 80, gear XI. But especially not Ani.
  • Etevo
    67 posts Member
    I agree, the chosen one never gets chosen to do anything in this game. He is horrible in PVP and even worse in Raid. He hangs out with Kit Fisto, and Mace in the cigar bar waiting to be put into the game. Give him something unique at least. Mic drop
  • Got him at g11 with omega on basic and using him as lead. Buff immunity lands more often on RG. Not an attacker like Rey. Also good as lead with Jedi's in the raid. So he is not that bad.
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Got him at g11 with omega on basic and using him as lead. Buff immunity lands more often on RG. Not an attacker like Rey. Also good as lead with Jedi's in the raid. So he is not that bad.

He's doing okay because of his % damage buff from his own leadership. Take that away and he doesn't really work in other teams. Just like Asajj, useless unless she's in the lead and not AI controlled.
  • To have him invested up to G11 and still be an underpowered toon is unjust...please buff him up the soonest.
  • Anakin needs a buff:

Why does friggin Teebo hit harder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzMsqoQvQlA
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    agreed.
    Anakin needs some love.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    agreed. I am working him to gear 11 - why am I bothering??
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    I have a guild mate with a gear 11 ani.

Hmm I see no issue with him to be honest. I couldn't target him first ( we are in same arena ) because I needed to take out daka, st han, and qgj before him because his high health. Guess what. His ani almost beat me because he started hitting me for 10k+. Took at my gear 9 RG in 2 hits ( his protection was gone but at full health ).

Ani, just like Poe before, is an arena toon, not a every mode toon. Course I imagine he does well in raids.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Breetai wrote: »
    I have a guild mate with a gear 11 ani.

Hmm I see no issue with him to be honest. I couldn't target him first ( we are in same arena ) because I needed to take out daka, st han, and qgj before him because his high health. Guess what. His ani almost beat me because he started hitting me for 10k+. Took at my gear 9 RG in 2 hits ( his protection was gone but at full health ).

Ani, just like Poe before, is an arena toon, not a every mode toon. Course I imagine he does well in raids.

For Ani to start getting in the 10k neighborhood, he's gotta be leading. And he's gotta have offense up. And he's gotta hit a critical. His leader ability is outclassed by many others, and his on death abilities mean that you have to carefully plan and save someone for him to kill, or your teammates have to die. these are quite a few hoops to jump through, and too much effort when I could just plug in GS to do the job better.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Actually he had qgj lead and ani got a lot of attacks. But them 3 had to be killed off before going after ani or you going to just be beating on him while qgj hurts you, and daka keeps you stunned, while reading him after you kill him, and of course han giving tm.

It's all in team builds. And yes he did kill 1 with his AoE. But if you have targets that just have to be taken out first, such as he does, then ani does become a monster.

Oh and he was hitting me for 10k I was watching it like wow. And watched him do a number on everyone. Once han and daka where killed, he made me pay for it.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Actually he had qgj lead and ani got a lot of attacks. But them 3 had to be killed off before going after ani or you going to just be beating on him while qgj hurts you, and daka keeps you stunned, while reading him after you kill him, and of course han giving tm.

It's all in team builds. And yes he did kill 1 with his AoE. But if you have targets that just have to be taken out first, such as he does, then ani does become a monster.

Oh and he was hitting me for 10k I was watching it like wow. And watched him do a number on everyone. Once han and daka where killed, he made me pay for it.

I did a few more tests, Anakin can hit for around 10k only if he has offense up and is coming in on a QGJ assist. By himself, Anakin crits for about 4.5k, and around 6.5k if he has offense up.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    What mazurka said, I have him g11 and run him on an Omega'd mace lead squad, and the damage is still mediocre at best. Buff ani please!
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Anakin needs to be an everything toon, like Rey and Leia. He's the chosen one!
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Mazurka wrote: »

I did a few more tests, Anakin can hit for around 10k only if he has offense up and is coming in on a QGJ assist. By himself, Anakin crits for about 4.5k, and around 6.5k if he has offense up.

I wished I knew how to post screen shots because I would. I had him down to 2 toons ( ani and yoda ) while I had all 5 ( with Leia in the red, and qgj yellow ). I took yoda 1st because lower health. Fight ended with my just having Rey left.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Mazurka wrote: »

I wished I knew how to post screen shots because I would. I had him down to 2 toons ( ani and yoda ) while I had all 5 ( with Leia in the red, and qgj yellow ). I took yoda 1st because lower health. Fight ended with my just having Rey left.

I wish you could too. Would love too see how/why my g11 Anakin doesn't hit as hard as someone else's
  • Ani has a very weak kit and strangely balanced stats. His death mechanic is nullified by protection and even if he is ACCEPTABLE in Arena doesn't mean he will ever be played because Rey/Leia/GS are so much better at pure DPS than him. His AOE is too situational and difficult to pull off when you actually need it (thanks dodge) and his passive is useless in most game modes. Not to mention he is "jedi-only" leader which is trash because Dooku has completely banished the Jedi synergy set from all competitive modes. He needs a buff in kit power and a stat redistribution for his pathetic basic damage for an attacker.