Who else is ready for Darth Vader to be more obtainable?

I love Darth Vader and have been playing for a while not and have mine at 5 in a half stars. The only way I get him nowadays is from the shard shop. I save all my shard currency for when he pops up. I even have my darth vader at gear 10 already hoping I can actually get him to 7 stars. At one point, I want him to be more readily available as getting 5 vader shards for an achievement of purchasing 1500 arena shipments... 5 shards!!!! Do you know how long it takes to purchase 1500 shipments for just 5 shards lol. Anyways, I think it would be really cool if you could get him in more ways besides just that or 2 shards per time 2 times a week for a total of 4 shards a week from the shard shop. Who else would love to run Darth Vader! and yes, my grand moff tarkin, magma trooper and royal guard are waiting for you Darth Vader.
Guild: Order 66 501st Division

Replies

• I like him being hard to get. He's also not ant easier to get to those who spend.
  • I like him being hard to get. He's also not ant easier to get to those who spend.

True, I just don't know how/when/ I could even get him to 7 stars. That is the only thing. I got a whole empire squad just waiting for Darth Vader when I get him up higher.

This. There just needs to be more achievements for Vader shards but that's about it. I like that he's hard to get so the more shards/stars you have him at the more special it feels.
  • Midnight_Moth
    76 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I like him being hard to get. He's also not ant easier to get to those who spend.

Unless you buy chromium packs and get the character collection achievements or have a deeper roster and generally do better because of it

That being said I think he's better than most toons at the same star level
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    It needs to be part of a raid if they are going to release more vader shards. OR, an event that requires you to have a 5* vader.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • That's a big, fat NO NO.

Vader is the last beacon of slow and fair progress. Even Yoda is easy to get now.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • @Sticare_Courts_0073 Yea but wouldn't you like having more achievements or something else for him?
  • No. I have him 49/85 and every shard is a special precious moment.
    I only see them doing this once I have him 99/100.

I could see them giving us 5-8 more achievements, but no regular attainable way.
    The achievements are spread way too thin anyhow. There should be way more for money/crystals.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Marthvadir wrote: »
    I love Darth Vader and have been playing for a while not and have mine at 5 in a half stars. The only way I get him nowadays is from the shard shop. I save all my shard currency for when he pops up. I even have my darth vader at gear 10 already hoping I can actually get him to 7 stars. At one point, I want him to be more readily available as getting 5 vader shards for an achievement of purchasing 1500 arena shipments... 5 shards!!!! Do you know how long it takes to purchase 1500 shipments for just 5 shards lol. Anyways, I think it would be really cool if you could get him in more ways besides just that or 2 shards per time 2 times a week for a total of 4 shards a week from the shard shop. Who else would love to run Darth Vader! and yes, my grand moff tarkin, magma trooper and royal guard are waiting for you Darth Vader.

You can farm plenty of other good characters while you wait.. DEVs are probably still trying to figure out what to do with the ultimate prize, I don't see a problem.. you don't need him NOW, but if you want to USE him now he is good.

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I'm ready for him to be more attainable and for CG to take a serious look at Empire instead of dropping more toons
  • Marthvadir
    272 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    J7000 wrote: »
    I'm ready for him to be more attainable and for CG to take a serious look at Empire instead of dropping more toons

Yep Empire is pretty crud, Tarkin needs a rework. I have him at gear ix and even at his highest gear he has 39% potency...... 39 %...... most character btw have a base of 45% or higher tenacity so he never lands his ability debuffs. It's such a joke.

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Marthvadir wrote: »

Yep Empire is pretty crud, Tarkin needs a rework. I have him at gear ix and even at his highest gear he has 39% potency...... 39 %...... most character btw have a base of 45% or higher tenacity so he never lands his ability debuffs. It's such a joke.

Yeah that's terrible
  • Marthvadir wrote: »

FOTP says hi... 0% (yes, that's a ZERO) until gear level XI (!!!). At least he has some offense, unlike Tarkin.

And @Marthvadir , yes more Vader achievements would be nice. Just a little, because the current ones are "kinda" over-the-top.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    This biggest issue is not enough achievements to finish him.

Also the fact that now, by the time you do get him, he is completly useless due to the new toons coming out.

2 ideas how o fix this.
    A. Time for Vader update. Time to make him shine and be sought after once again.
    B. Time to put his shards in cantina, and make a whole new set of achievements with a new toon for it ( Jedi Luke, or empire palp ).

These are about the only 2 ways of doing him before it becomes completly worthless of having him.
  • Stop asking for easier shards, easier credits, easier arena battles, GW....
    The game wont last long if they give you all you want!
    Better go play another game since you will loose the joy to play the game if you already have it all maxed and nothing to chase after
  • Solitarius
    7 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm ok with hard to get Vadar but for this point it's just almost impossible to level him up to 7*. Making everything easy is boring, but it's even more sucks when you literally can't find a way to make him 7*. Adding him to shard shop is a good change, it settles a high standard for people trying to farm him - own at least one 7* character. But the appearing rate still seems to be low...making people double whether they cold literally manage to get him 7*. Not sure whether they'll make further changes.
    Also, got to need more/stronger empire/Sith characters to support a team...
    Post edited by Solitarius on
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Leave it exactly as is. Let's not make Vader another yoda.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Would be great
  • I have 18 more shards in achievements. With the few times I went after him in the shard shop, that gives me a 5* Vader with 46/85 to 6*. At which point, I have to wait for shard shop, which I am lucky if I get 2 shards a week.

That means I will have him at 6* in about 5 months, and 7* nearly a year after that.

Maybe I am in the minority on this one, but I don't consider an 18 month grind "hard to get." I consider it unobtainable. Name a game like GoH that you started playing 18 months ago that you still play today.

Now, I am not saying put him in GW. But once the achievements run out, the randomness of shard shop isn't going to cut it. Just make a weekly event that hands out 2 shards on completion, and it would cut that time in half, which is more in line with "hard to get."
  • КЦПG_FЦГУ
    355 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    @Marthvadir
    Can you post a screenshot of your Vader and his stats? Once I hit level 80, I can gear him up to 10, then he will be like...

samurai-starwars.jpg
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Here's is Vader maxed out (At 5 stars of course)

kPIXs1s.jpg

Tb5crho.jpg
  • M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Definitely not. He needs to be a special character.
  • B00MSTICK
    107 posts Member
    Not me. I actually like the way they've done Vader. With a little consistency and growth, any player can get the 4* unlocked and get to play with Vader, so that's nice. And with the increasing difficulty of getting the later shards, each Star will be an event.

I just hope they adjust him later on, if needed, to keep him relevant as a higher tier toon.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Keep him difficult to get...it levels the playing field...be nice if there was a bit more of that.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    As a F2P, he's a holy grail toon. I don't want him to be easy because I'm getting him the hard way. At 5* I'm landing huge 28K culling blade damage hits in raids pairing him with Ackbar, Phasma, Boba (lead) and Poggle. I prefer he stay as hard to achieve as he is right now.
  • Marthvadir wrote: »

I have basically the same lineup...but my Tarkin and MT are waiting for some potency too. Not just Vader.
  • @Thor_Odinson1 Yea I agree, it really stinks how their potency is such udder crap. Tarkin never lands his abilities, his potency is lower than characters base tenacity. It just makes him not worth playing if 2 of his abilities are strong debuffs but they never land. His only redeeming thing is his leader and auto attack. Just no good enough for him to be worth playing over others.

• papnwors
    749 posts Member
    I've got lucky and got a few shards from GW and he's often in my shard shop.

I like that's he's difficult to get, it's always a special moment getting even a single shard.

Some things should take time.