World First F2P To Reach Level 80.

InternetSwag
2658 posts Member
edited May 2016
Well nobody else claimed that title, so it's mine now.
1416767983019.png
Forget world first Han Solo, this is more important and was attained without 199 other guild members (ooh burn!)*

In all seriousness though, very happy to have just hit level 80 as F2P! I certainly made it a goal of mine to try and reach it very quickly (mostly to get Omega mats fast).

This is my roster;
re4z0l5.jpg
ixMrG1w.jpg
JVwml87.jpg

Achievements of note;
  • Hitting Rank 1 at least 3 times a week (usually more, but I'm trying to be modest here)
  • Finished Heroic T7
  • Was able to buy 3 furnaces
  • Can finish an entire box of poptarts in one sitting

I was lucky enough to join the forum very soon after starting the game (started playing late Jan) which made a world of difference. Followed the meta 100% - which i believe every F2P must do to stay competitive. I farmed GS as soon as I could and QGJ shortly thereafter (he was a chromium exclusive when I started).

Regrets: Spending resources on Fives, I had heard he was amazing so I spent my Cantina Credits on him. He's now 7*, G9 (and I can take him to G10, but won't) and I don't like his playstyle, I find him very boring and quite honestly, easy to deal with. I am very happy I didn't Omega him, because even Omega Fives was a non-threat to me.

Thoughts on the game currently: I am overall very happy with the game in its current state, there are obviously a few minor tweaks that can be made here and there to improve it.
However, in the grand scheme of things, we're actually given quite a lot;
RG became farmable. Rey is somewhat easier to attain now. Some misc. groups like Ewoks, Jawa's got some love with guild shipments. So as long as they keep adding toons to Arena/Cantina/GW small spenders and F2P can keep playing and not quit.

Wishlist: Aayla. You can keep your Leia's and your Rex's, I just want Aayla.
*I have nothing against the people who unlocked Han, just poking fun. Grats
| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |

Replies

• Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Lol I remember my first beer
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    This here is the real achievement folks, @EA_Jesse sticky this ASAP!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    And moved to Off Topic.
    Great. Nobody is interested in what a f2p roster looks like? :/
    Post edited by InternetSwag on
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Congrats, you are definitely among the first. Nice roster for ftp.
  • Grats
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Congrats. I'm a day away. I had saved about 5k crystals from Arena before the cap raise but ended up only spending about 3k on energy towards leveling before stopping to save for furnaces. Routinely top-5 before the cap raise and now just top-10 and only occasionally top-5.

Why the heck was this moved to off-topic? That's about as dumb as it gets.
  • I reached 80 2 days ago. But I forgot to claim the title. You can have it! Congrats
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Well nobody else claimed that title, so it's mine now.

Forget world first Han Solo, this is more important and was attained without 199 other guild members (ooh burn!)*

In all seriousness though, very happy to have just hit level 80 as F2P! I certainly made it a goal of mine to try and reach it very quickly (mostly to get Omega mats fast).

Achievements of note;
    • Hitting Rank 1 at least 3 times a week (usually more, but I'm trying to be modest here)
    • Finished Heroic T7

wait wut? What flavor of poptarts? That makes a difference!

• InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Phipps wrote: »
    Lol I remember my first beer

You do? Then you clearly didn't drink enough! Heheh!
    I reached 80 2 days ago. But I forgot to claim the title. You can have it! Congrats

Noooo, you don't exist to me. I could have sworn I saw you buy that 5$ crystal shipment! :'(:dizzy::D
  • @warmonkey1024 Can this get moved to General?
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Top_Quark wrote: »
    Grats Swag. There are many other f2p that are already there but you claimed it! :) The topic deserves to be in game related quarters, there is nothing off-topic about it.

You're crushing my dreams here. :'(
    Darnit I wanted to be the first.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    @warmonkey1024 Can this get moved to General?

No, this is a pretty funny parody of an announcement. It is pretty OT.
    (BTW, I am not sure you were *first*, I have asked that it be verified.. especially in light of the duck verification.)

Sometimes you just can't trust Ducks. :|
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Grats Swag. There are many other f2p that are already there but you claimed it! :) The topic deserves to be in game related quarters, there is nothing off-topic about it.

I'm curious how. I mean I saved a metric crap-ton of shards and was consistently in the top-5 (most of the time 1/2) during the entire 70 cap. When the 80 cap was added I spent about 3k on extra refills (50/50/100/100 and 100/200) each day for the first two weeks. I'm still a day away.

For someone to have gotten there earlier than today they could have spent 50/50/100/100 and 100 and done that longer than I did. But they would have also have had to have a significant stockpile of crystals and have resisted the temptation to buy furnaces. And they would have had to maintain their top 5 arena rankings.

Would love to see it but there just aren't that many FTP able to sit in the top-10 yet alone make the sacrifices to get there. I can see a few there but I'm having trouble believing that there are 'many' out there. :)
  • @warmonkey1024 Can this get moved to General?

No, this is a pretty funny parody of an announcement. It is pretty OT.
    (BTW, I am not sure you were *first*, I have asked that it be verified.. especially in light of the duck verification.)

Sometimes you just can't trust Ducks. :|

Sigh, fair enough.
  • SlyGambit wrote: »

I'm curious how. I mean I saved a metric crap-ton of shards and was consistently in the top-5 (most of the time 1/2) during the entire 70 cap. When the 80 cap was added I spent about 3k on extra refills (50/50/100/100 and 100/200) each day for the first two weeks. I'm still a day away.

For someone to have gotten there earlier than today they could have spent 50/50/100/100 and 100 and done that longer than I did. But they would have also have had to have a significant stockpile of crystals and have resisted the temptation to buy furnaces. And they would have had to maintain their top 5 arena rankings.

Would love to see it but there just aren't that many FTP able to sit in the top-10 yet alone make the sacrifices to get there. I can see a few there but I'm having trouble believing that there are 'many' out there. :)

Most exp comes from the daily challenges. I saved mine and claimed them when the cap raise was implemented. And maybe timezones have to do something with it as well.
    I did 50/50 and 100/200 refreshes daily. Sometimes a bit more
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Reporting potential "NON FTP"
    If you want to report a potential P2P, please send a message to @LucifersDuck with details on why you think someone is paying, your ally code and the name of the suspected spender.
    :)
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Congrats...about 4k away from 80...and i missed a few days of complete xp exploitation. Also i bought the 100 gems a day packs and a 10k gem pack on may 4th. I started playing right after thanksgiving but broke old phone and had start again in late jan. and made the lvl 70 literally a day before the cap was raised again. He totally could have done it f2p and sure he did as well as many others...imho...
    Congrats you deserve a darth maultini, or mandalorian martini or something.
  • Reporting potential "NON FTP"
    If you want to report a potential P2P, please send a message to @LucifersDuck with details on why you think someone is paying, your ally code and the name of the suspected spender.
    :)

Lmao, okay that made me laught when I was sad :smile::yum:
  • [...]
    Achievements of note;
    • Finished Heroic T7

[...]

- Ha! Clearly a whale after all! #SwagExposed

- Mmmhh, yea, that's my bae. gachiGASM
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • [...]
    Achievements of note;
    • Finished Heroic T7

[...]

- Ha! Clearly a whale after all! #SwagExposed

- Mmmhh, yea, that's my bae. gachiGASM
    I'm no whale, this is actual footage of me taken when I was swimming... With other whales. Not suspicious at all.
    My guild name is Save The Whales... for ironic purposes.
    2B4D21E800000578-3195538-image-a-76_1439408079369.jpg

• Protip: to move your post to a particular section simply edit the original post and change it to where you want it to go.

For example you can create a poll in general, wait until you get a lot of responses then move it to feedback when you are done.

I'm not saying this thread should be moved though. I definitely do not condone this behaviour. :p;)
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Protip: to move your post to a particular section simply edit the original post and change it to where you want it to go.

For example you can create a poll in general, wait until you get a lot of responses then move it to feedback when you are done.

I'm not saying this thread should be moved though. I definitely do not condone this behaviour. :p;)

200_s.gif
    I just know I'm going (ab)use this feature in the future.
    I wouldn't want any of my threads to accidentally go missing. :worried:

200_s.gif
    I just know I'm going (ab)use this feature in the future.
    I wouldn't want any of my threads to accidentally go missing. :worried:

Let's put it this way, lots of my threads have been moved to feedback, they aren't there anymore.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • haha congrats internetswag...

I got there 4 days ago though hehehe :p