-New Feature Ideas-

EwokRampage
116 posts Member
edited January 2016
-Shard Market Exchange -

The idea is simple each character is assigned an exchange rate based on the need for their shard. You can exchange a certain number of shards for shards of a different character. Example 20 ewok scout shards for 1 shard of a meta character. This allows f2p to obtain characters only obtainable by packs, it also benefits p2p by allowing them to swap out their extra shards for something that can actually be of use. If your thinking this is going to ruin the game and all the p2p will get everything 7 star, the exchange rate will be by far in favor of the market. This means you will need a lot of shards for the best most used characters. EA think about this in a couple months when all the spenders in your game got most 7 star characters nobody will want to buy the packs, what do they offer besides useless shards. If you make those useless shards have a small value you effectively rinse the bad taste out of spending all that money for shards you can't use.

- Guild Features -

There are two things that I can think would be great for guilds to have. 1st a shared battle to feel like a team and overcome an obstacle together. A lot of other games have a system where the guild leader starts an event lasting 10-15 minutes. Each guildy attempts to fight an almost unkillable boss. The idea is to do damage to the boss before it kills you, each guildmate taking out chunks of the bosses health. It is a race against time. You should have different levels of difficulty here. One scaled down for newer players where you get white/green gears and some credits or something. Second level being 40-60 range where it takes a good amount of effort and coordination to down the boss. This awards ability tokens or blue/purple gears. The final difficulty is very difficult and is for min maxers and requires a full guild with good communication, the drops for this would a certain number of shards of the boss itself. Note don't make the boss an OP character just a normal one that is interesting enough to use. Making it OP will ruin the fun for everyone who doesn't spend any money in the game. *BONUS POINTS* make interesting mechanics like in your events where teams have to do something specific during the boss fight.

The second guild feature is free in guild dueling. People want to test their teams and try different things free in guild dueling is a no brainer.

I understand something like guild versus guild battles would be a very large feature and maybe coming a long time down the road but I would like to see at a minimum the two above features.

-Arenas-

This is pretty obvious but you need limited time arenas with certain restrictions in team composition. For instance dark/light side only arenas or jedi/sith rebel/empire resistance/first order only arenas.

-Leaderboards-

You need time trial leaderboard. You have difficult unique pve fights why not keep track of who does them the fastest? GW is an interesting and difficult to master feature why not make a leader board keeping track of that. The most important leaderboards would be the time trial for the different levels of guild boss. People like seeing where they rank!

-Events-

You said you are removing the keycard thing, good it is terrible and nobody uses it. Events that would be good are varying levels of difficulty pve fights where you have a higher chance of obtaining specific gear then normal pve. Here is my idea on this specific thing would be amazing. Make it cost 3(white/green) and 4(blue/purple) stamina. Make the fights for different levels of gear white/green/blue/purple separate. Make them substantially harder then corresponding pve levels where you obtain them and most importantly do not allow sim to get rewards. Each event should last for one day and feature a different part of that rarity with around a 75% chance to obtain it.

I have thought a lot about these features and I think none of them are gamebreaking or too in favor of f2p or p2p. Hopefully you find my post inspiring when thinking of new game play aspects of swgoh.

[iN]EwokRampage out...

Replies

• Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    +1 , good stuff. We also need ewok dolls.
  • moddom
    238 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    All pretty fantastic ideas, less downtime in this game is most definitely needed as most of the content requires waiting on energy or buying refills. Guild features would be a nice addition in time as well as there are a few of us out there now. Hope the developers give this a look over to add to their existing ideas for content.

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Awesome ideas! Hopefully the Devs agree!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • I agree with all of your points Ewok, hopefully the devs will bring additional depth in the game with listening to such valuable feedback like these posts and implements new features as stated above.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.

• Love the ideas, especially on the guild battles.

One thought on the guild battle is rather than having the entire guild taking turns to face the same boss, why not just have each member battle an endless army of droids (or whatever is the flavour of the challenge) within a certain timeline and contribute to the guild total number of kills? There should also be some form of modifiers to factor in the player level, the difficulty of the opponent faced (i.e. you could choose to face an army of regular droids or an army of super driods. 1 super droid kill counts as x regular droid kills), etc. so that new players have means to contribute and it's not just the guilds with high-level players that consistently dominate the leaderboard.

The reason I say this is while Ewok's concept of fighting against one boss and passing it over to the next guild member is super cool, I sense there will be some side issues (such as how to deal with disconnects, waiting time while other members make their turns, level disparity amongst guild members means newer players will struggle to join established guilds and/or face unfair peer pressure, etc.). Besides, I can't fathom an OP boss in the Star Wars universe. :p
  • I have a coulple of ideas in the area of abilities, not a feature really.

It would be nice to see all lightsabre wielders to have the ability, chance to block and deflect incoming blaster fire with chance to deflect back and hit the opposing team.

The other, again regarding lightsabre wielders, to have chance to block incoming lightsabre attacks, I want to see clashing lightsabre action and flickering.

Ching!
    My Ally Code: 879-648-786
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member

It would be nice to see all lightsabre wielders to have the ability, chance to block and deflect incoming blaster fire with chance to deflect back and hit the opposing team.
    If so, then Vader and Ren should be immune to blaster shots.

My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Rolf wrote: »

True, that would work.
    My Ally Code: 879-648-786
  • Rolf wrote: »

True, that would work.

Unless it's from a bowcaster of course. :smile: