What the heck!?!?!?

For some reason my thread got moved to some topic that nobody ever post under and I don't know how to access so I'll just say it here I've said this before but the arena defensive system needs to be changed. I went to sleep last night around 16 hours ago at about rank 140. 16 hours later i checked my arena rank and I'm rank 286 dropping almost 150 ranks on just 16 hours. The refresh doesn't happen until 6:00 PM EST so everybody only had 5 battles(unless they refreshed) this needs to be changed I can win all 5 of my battles maximum rank possible without much trouble and still lose overall rank.

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Get a better team. You drop in rank because your probably not using META characters, nor have a good defensive team.

Unless we have more info, this is just a complainer's thread.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Nice name
  • Toukai wrote: »
    Get a better team. You drop in rank because your probably not using META characters, nor have a good defensive team.

I am using Meta characters
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »

That is SO much more helpful! Well with that team you could... wait...

You may be using meta characters but it really depends on your shard. Again, information is helpful. Who are you using?

You may be using meta characters but it really depends on your shard. Again, information is helpful. Who are you using?
    I'm using dooku, luminara, GS, ST Han, ahsoka

• Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    This also Depends on your:

Main level
    Power level
    Gear level
    Star level

Untill we know all of them its hard to tell why your droping so much.

How is that meta? Of those 5 you might only see ST Han, dooku and rarely GS these days.

No rey, RG, QGJ... you're going to be targeted
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member

Just change the goal post.. everything will be better >rolling eyes<
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    For some reason my thread got moved to some topic that nobody ever post under and I don't know how to access so I'll just say it here I've said this before but the arena defensive system needs to be changed. I went to sleep last night around 16 hours ago at about rank 140. 16 hours later i checked my arena rank and I'm rank 286 dropping almost 150 ranks on just 16 hours. The refresh doesn't happen until 6:00 PM EST so everybody only had 5 battles(unless they refreshed) this needs to be changed I can win all 5 of my battles maximum rank possible without much trouble and still lose overall rank.

I don't know why you are complaining. Its RNG. You went to bed which means AI was in control not you. Your team is easy to beat. Ahsoka while good is hardly a tank. I then the rest of your team is pretty soft.. not surprising you are ranked lower.. go play you will get back up there again.

There is nothing you can do on defense.. player vs AI, almost 100% of the time player is better opponent.

How is that meta? Of those 5 you might only see ST Han, dooku and rarely GS these days.

QGJ is terrible and RG is counterable. Luminara is the best healer in the game and Ahsoka is one of the best DPS in the game

• Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    @John_Matrix1985

I run Gs and St han in my team Always top 20 Don't disrespect them like that!!! >.<
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member

QGJ is terrible and RG is counterable. Luminara is the best healer in the game and Ahsoka is one of the best DPS in the game

This is why you fail.

• Yogi wrote: »

This is why you fail.
    QGJ is easily one of the most overrated characters in the game. He has low damage low health and all he can do is remove taunts and he's easy to stun

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @Jedi_Yoda
    Dude, learn what that phrase means. I clearly stated we need more information. Moving the goal post has nothing to do with that. May I suggest google?

@JarJarBinksFan

@John_Matrix1985 is correct.
    Dooku as a lead is META. Lumi and Ahsoka are not. Not even close. You are being targeted because they are easily controled and killed by jedi-hate, and their damage is sub-par.

ST Han is okay, but he is mostly on Droid teams, or Ackbar lead teams where he can shine. Just throwing him on a team isnt good because he has low hp. You need to put him on teams that have incredibly high burst (droids, rey, etc) so the person has a hard choice of attempting to kill the DPS or letting ST Han get his taunt off.

I highly recommend replacing Ahsoka, Lumi. ST han is okay for now, but RG is better until you get higher damage toons.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Yogi wrote: »

This is why you fail.
    QGJ is easily one of the most overrated characters in the game. He has low damage low health and all he can do is remove taunts and he's easy to stun

@JarJarBinksFan
    No. QGJ is one of the only Jedi worth putting on a team right now. He is there for dispel and his every other turn assist. He hits harder than Lumi on basics, reduces TM on omega, and is generally better over-all.

Lumi and Ahsoka are garbage.
    @Jedi_Yoda
    Dude, learn what that phrase means. I clearly stated we need more information. Moving the goal post has nothing to do with that. May I suggest google?

@JarJarBinksFan

Dooku as a lead is META. Lumi and Ahsoka are not. Not even close. You are being targeted because they are easily controled and killed by jedi-hate, and their damage is sub-par.

ST Han is okay, but he is mostly on Droid teams, or Ackbar lead teams where he can shine. Just throwing him on a team isnt good because he has low hp. You need to put him on teams that have incredibly high burst (droids, rey, etc) so the person has a hard choice of attempting to kill the DPS or letting ST Han get his taunt off.

I highly recommend replacing Ahsoka, Lumi. ST han is okay for now, but RG is better until you get higher damage toons.
    And who would I replace them with? Only one I can see is luminara for Rey because DPS>Heal. Then I would have the top 3 DPS(FTP) a top 2 tank and a top 2 leader(who I may eventually replace with Ben)
  • Yogi wrote: »

This is why you fail.

So I am guessing you have not seen his Omega ability on basic ? Probably one of the most use full characters in the game at the moment.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Yousa shoulda knowsa, that ranksa 500-100 is moui, moui competitive. If yousa want to staysa, yousa shoulda rank up to 50. Then makesa lasta batle with defense teamsa.

Your gonna have to spend some gems to push that far ahead...but again the shard you play may be more or less competitive than others. And the last battle/defense is what determines how far you fall...i would suggest using daka.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Your squad isn't intimidating enough. Honestly there isn't a single squad combination that keeps me from attacking them. There is more balance now in this game than ever before. People use RG ok I'll use Rey. People use dooku, that don't matter I'll use an extra healer to survive more turns in case dodge goes crazy. In other words...no team is safe. There is absolutely NO perfect squad combination that people refuse to fight cause they are 100% certain they will lose. Only those who don't have a large roster avoid certain teams. How come? Because this game is finally balanced. People will argue there is no balance and that's complete B. S. This game does have balance...and its a lot closer than what people might think. Now there are some characters that do need buffs, take anakin for example. But that's another discussion.

This is why you fail.

@JarJarBinksFan
    No. QGJ is one of the only Jedi worth putting on a team right now. He is there for dispel and his every other turn assist. He hits harder than Lumi on basics, reduces TM on omega, and is generally better over-all.

He also can't heal or ability block like lumi can and he doesn't have the damage or heal that ahsoka has
  • @JarJarBinksFan Ahsoka is terrible, luminara is just an average toon in the arena at late game. Qui gon is a top 5 toon, Rey, genosian soldier, Royal guard, Han, Dooku, old Ben, Leia, captain phasma, those are meta toons. The top 10 toons in arena at late game are:
    1.Leia
    2. Rey
    3. Royal guard
    4. Qui gon jinn
    5. Genosian soldier
    6. Old Ben
    7. Captain phasma
    8.Storm Trooper Han
    9. Dooku(literally only for his leader ability, he's pretty average now, if he isn't leading he isn't worth using)
    10. Old Daka or Luminara or IG-86
    That list is different if you run a full droid team, those teams are still good because of syngergy but yeah, those are the most used characters and are the best imo.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @Jedi_Yoda

@JarJarBinksFan

And who would I replace them with? Only one I can see is luminara for Rey because DPS>Heal. Then I would have the top 3 DPS(FTP) a top 2 tank and a top 2 leader(who I may eventually replace with Ben)

QGJ and Rey, IG86

Even that is debatable. I would highly suggest looking at PVP forums. There are several great guides on what toons should be picked up.

A lot of this game is about team composition, and right now yours isn't anything amazing. Compare your team too, say, Rex (L), Leia, 5s, Rey, RG.

Who would you rather fight? Your team comp or the Rex obe? If you chose Rex, well.. there is no helping you :)
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member

This is why you fail.

@JarJarBinksFan

He also can't heal or ability block like lumi can and he doesn't have the damage or heal that ahsoka has

@JarJarBinksFan
    Healing is pointless in this META. Characters literally die in a round or two, even with protection. Lumi's dont even have a chance to heal.
  • @JarJarBinksFan Ahsoka is terrible, luminara is just an average toon in the arena at late game. Qui gon is a top 5 toon, Rey, genosian soldier, Royal guard, Han, Dooku, old Ben, Leia, captain phasma, those are meta toons. The top 10 toons in arena at late game are:
    1.Leia
    2. Rey
    3. Royal guard
    4. Qui gon jinn
    5. Genosian soldier
    6. Old Ben
    7. Captain phasma
    8.Storm Trooper Han
    9. Dooku(literally only for his leader ability, he's pretty average now, if he isn't leading he isn't worth using)
    10. Old Daka or Luminara or IG-86
    That list is different if you run a full droid team, those teams are still good because of syngergy but yeah, those are the most used characters and are the best imo.
    Phasma? She is terrible at pretty much everything all she has is slow and advantage which she can usually only do once per match. Also QGJ is worse than GS. GS has both higher damage and higher health the only thing QGJ is superior in is taunt removal. Not to mention dooku absolutely murders QGJ while he doesn't murder GS
    @Jedi_Yoda

@JarJarBinksFan

QGJ and Rey, IG86

Even that is debatable. I would highly suggest looking at PVP forums. There are several great guides on what toons should be picked up.

A lot of this game is about team composition, and right now yours isn't anything amazing. Compare your team too, say, Rex (L), Leia, 5s, Rey, RG.

Who would you rather fight? Your team comp or the Rex obe? If you chose Rex, well.. there is no helping you :)
    So would I rather play a PTP team or a FTP team hmm
  • And my thread got moved again lol does the mod moving it atleast want to say why their moving it from an active area to an inactive area
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @Jedi_Yoda

@JarJarBinksFan

QGJ and Rey, IG86

The point was team comps that are scary.
    Want f2p?
    Old Ben (or dooku)
    Rg
    Gs
    Rey
    Qgj

Replace gs with 5s or daka too

Infinitely more scary team
    @Jedi_Yoda

@JarJarBinksFan

QGJ and Rey, IG86

The point was team comps that are scary.
    Want f2p?
    Old Ben (or dooku)
    Rg
    Gs
    Rey
    Qgj

Replace gs with 5s or daka too

Infinitely more scary team
    Again with the QGJ I eat QJGs for breakfast the other 4 are all very powerful and then instead of QGJ ahsoka is a far better option for F2P or IG86 who atleast has damage

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Replace qgj with 5s or daka then. Point is, lumi and ahsoka are bringing you down.

I know you hate qgj but he is an absolute requirement for late game dispel on rg, st han, Poe taunts. Unless you have sun fac, but that's p2w.

You have several people helping you and telling you qgj is top tier, it's unwise to dismiss that out of hand. He fulfills his role well. He is fast, hits hard, calls assists, dispels, and removes tm on basics. He is top tier, even if you don't like him.