Aayla

Her counter-attack + stun effect on crit (actually, ALL counters that can stun, so this includes Dooku against Jedi) serve no purpose whatsoever. A stun inflicted via counter-attack simply vanishes the moment after the counter-attack ends (since that is the conclusion of the attacker's turn/phase). This is SIGNIFICANTLY holding Aayla back (not so much on the part of Dooku, really) as it's pretty much her "flavor" move (something she alone can bring to the table). It's not like she dishes out insane damage (even with her unique at rank 5+), nor does she boast overwhelming amounts of HP, so how about it be changed to cause a 2-round duration stun from counter-attacks and stay as a 1-round duration stun from offensive actions?

In fact, there are other units that suffer a similar fate of having 1-round duration debuffs that can be made to counter-attack (I.E. Ima as leader w/ Anakin - pointless to even apply any 1-turn duration debuff/negative effect on a counter-attack) - so, perhaps, either consider attacking foes' turns elapsed PRIOR to the counter-attacking de-buffing character applies their debuff (which would likely make some counter-attackers like "Fives" a bit too powerful) or... make it so that any 1-round debuffing character gets an additional debuff duration when applied via counter-attacks based on the current mechanics, please, as to make these characters more viable.

Replies

• "...make these units more viable [in counter-attack groups]". Is what I meant. They're perfectly viable in many groups, just not in the counter-attack aspect.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Just to be sure, there wasn't a bariss involved in your team? Since her unique can dispell negative buffs.
    Because I also noticed this but only when it's Bariss' her turn. Also if Ayla did stun and Bariss doesn't dispel the effect, isn't your toon stunned till the end of his/her turn meter and after it's full, it starts at 0% again (so basicly 1 turn stun which has been accomplished this way?). I also saw it happen on enemy Dooku when he stunned one of my Jedi. Bariss was able to take it off and the stunned character didn't even lose a turn this way.
    Hope I make some sense, not easy to explain :D

Edit: nvm I see your point now.
    Post edited by CronozNL on
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • SinnerWill wrote: »
    or... make it so that any 1-round debuffing character gets an additional debuff duration when applied via counter-attacks based on the current mechanics, please, as to make these characters more viable.

• SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @CronozNL no, this has nothing to do with Bariss. It's the fact that an attacking hero's turn ends AFTER any counter-attacks are made against them for their action - which makes 1-turn debuffs pointless from counter-attack sources since they immediately expire - namely, Aayla's counter crit-stun.

It would be tolerable and still useful as a 1-turn stun if it could interrupt multi-hitting attackers to prevent their bonus hits, but even the mechanics prevent that (all counters from multi-hits and assisted hits come after all the attacks have landed).

Any way, I'm just hoping they would change the mechanic so as to make Aayla (specifically) more viable.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    @SinnerWill yes I see your point now. Seems less usefull, especially vs Dooku. If I stun him, it's usually till one of my char attacks.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting