Any Poe users?

revengeoftheewok
214 posts Member
edited January 2016
I'm regretting using my cantina points on boba, Poe just seems so good, I couldnt land one immunity buff on Poe with Sid. He just seems FAR better than chewie or stormtrooper for PVP. Any Poe users dominating on defense here? I'm running glass(lumi, consular, sid, luke), so I need a taunt. I might replace consular with boba, and run Sid/Boba(leader), Poe, Luke, Lumi. I dont like boba's damage output though.
Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.

Replies

• I use Poe and he's pretty amazing, he still dies, but it's to focus fire not random dots ticking at him.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    One of two arena losses this week came against a Poe. Before his taunt was done a Maul and Co. had killed my JC and Luminara; it was a bloodbath and therw was nothing I could do to stop it. Cant wait to unlock him and get him to 4-5 stars.
  • I have Poe and use him a lot have him level 48 4* gear is at 6 he's real tanky and exposes opponents giving me a better way in defeating them but I'm going to replace him with phasma as soon as I gear her more and 4* her she just seems more useable then Poe.
  • Scootershooter
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm running the similar team with Poe as my tank. I don't have Sid yet so I'm running the FOTP. It's going impressively well at this point. Poe is a little squishier than I like but with Luke as my leader the debuffs are the least of my troubles. I can usually keep Poe up but regardless Should he fall I've dropped two or three of the oppositions players and the fight is a give me. I find Poe far better than chewy for utilities sake alone. I've not had much exp with trooper Han but with your current set up I believe Poe to be the better tank. Hope I helped. Expose 2 turn taunt and tenacity among other perks= awesome.
  • I'm regretting using my cantina points on boba, Poe just seems so good, I couldnt land one immunity buff on Poe with Sid. He just seems FAR better than chewie or stormtrooper for PVP. Any Poe users dominating on defense here? I'm running glass(lumi, consular, sid, luke), so I need a taunt. I might replace consular with boba, and run Sid/Boba(leader), Poe, Luke, Lumi. I dont like boba's damage output though.

What * level do you have Boba? Believe it or not Boba does the most damage out of all the tanks. That being said Poe is pretty awesome I just unlocked him around an hour ago.
  • revengeoftheewok
    214 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    D0SRARE wrote: »
    I have Poe and use him a lot have him level 48 4* gear is at 6 he's real tanky and exposes opponents giving me a better way in defeating them but I'm going to replace him with phasma as soon as I gear her more and 4* her she just seems more useable then Poe.

I don't consider characters without taunt as tanks. Boba's revive is utterly useless, but his ability block is definitely nice, and the crit bonus. The thing is I'd rather have a 13% extra crit chance than 25% more damage though. I have boba at 5, almost have enough shards for 6. I even regret wasting 80 shards on Daka.. But I guess without her I couldn't have 3 star a lot of dark side missions.

Not only is Poe's tenacity amazing, with sid landing a dot on majority of characters and probably nearly 100% on non tenacity stacked teams on defense(ai procs FAR more), Poe has a 80% chance to land offense down for 2 turns which is pretty good. I'm forced to run Chewie atm, because my team just cant soak in that damage, I hope he removes 50% turn meter, because that's all he's good for.

I'm looking for a Sid(leader), Poe, Luke, Luminara, one more aoe/major dps team. Consulars dps is decent, and far better than boba's but ability block can be a game changer, and completely ruin an opposing team on defense. Either that or I might go for IG, but without the 75% extra crit damage with synergy I dont know if he's worth it, better choice than Consular, but I might prefer ability block.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.