Does omega on RG make him weaker?

It reduces the cooldown on his defense up by 1. Now isn't this a bad thing? Because you want him to stun as much as possible and controlled by AI he will always use it when available. I'd hate to be someone who omega him only to become worse.
| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |

Replies

• Options
    Probably. Just like Finns advantage special the longer the cool down the more he attacks.
  • Options
    Akbar lead and Leia, that's just an earlier opportunity for Leia to attack again. Might not get the stun but you'd get much more dps.
  • Options
    At least until they fix defense. Right now it's meaningless. No one uses Chewy or RG to buff ally defense.

Be nice if they did, make the Wookie usable.
  • Options
    At least until they fix defense. Right now it's meaningless. No one uses Chewy or RG to buff ally defense.

When running Empire with rg, health up is very nice to have
  • Options
    Akbar lead and Leia, that's just an earlier opportunity for Leia to attack again. Might not get the stun but you'd get much more dps.

That was my thoughts on the -1 cool down !!!
  • Options
    Because they updated armor with the last update, I personally get annoyed when he uses his defense up. I do way less damage when he uses his defense up and in the meantime Rey or whoever is beating me down. I don't think it's a bad thing to omega him if your playing defense.
  • Options

My thoughts exactly. Excluding Tarkin (and Veers? I don't have him) the Empire is very tanky. When RG uses that with himself, Vader, and any other Imperials it makes them tanker than gear 10 fives.
  • Options
    Hmm I'm not so sure defense up matters as much. Offense up is huge, but defense up usually doesn't make that big a difference unless you're taking huge hits (rancor).

But I'll take your word for it. I just wouldn't spend an omega on him any time soon.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Actually defense up on Ima has saved me more than once. I just literally a few minutes ago went up against Dooku, RG, QGJ, Daka, & GS.. I had Ima, Yoda, QGJ, Luminara, and Leia. I lost Yoda and QGJ within seconds. They all ganged up on them stunning the poo out of em.

Five on three. I was sure I was done. More so when QGJ gave his team offensive up. I took out RG but lost Luminara. Four on two.

I finally get my defense up off and from there made one heck of a comeback. I killed Daka & QGJ. Dooku hits Ima like three or four times and ima countered like two of them. Another defense up and Dooku is dead. GS was feeling kinda lonely there at the end but was squished like the bug he was...

Point, I would say don't underestimate defensive up. All those hits I was taking from the multi hit crew saved my tail...
  • Options
    I'd say it's the most useful with tanky team and ofc it may save your dps sometimes + rg doesn't last so long in def at least no above yellow so it's better to have it when no stuns are available.
  • Options

My thoughts exactly. Excluding Tarkin (and Veers? I don't have him) the Empire is very tanky. When RG uses that with himself, Vader, and any other Imperials it makes them tanker than gear 10 fives.

I can't speak for veers either - I don't think my 3* is a good benchmark. But a good Vader, RG, Magma, and Storm, can last a long time, especially with additional defense and health. They just need a DPS attacker (and potency) and they need it soon.