Lumi or yoda?

So, I'm lvl 77 and rank top 100 in arena for a few days, but I have trouble going past that. My team is qgj lead 6*, ben 6*, phasma 7*, lumi 7* (all of them gear 8) and rey 6* (gear 9).
I think lumi is the weak toon in my team, would it be better if I changed it for yoda? (To be clear, my problem is on defense, I have no trouble beating other teams)

Replies

• Charlesbusa
    408 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Speaking only of defense, RNG is your friend. Stuns, dodges, assists and counters.

I wouldn't use old Ben unless he was the lead.
    I'd have a tank with a taunt.
    Daka and RG are great stunners
    I wouldn't use Phasma unless she was the lead.

I do think Yoda is better than Lumi for defense. I think the AI plays him better than Lumi.
  • Thanks my friend, I will swap them then. About the other characters, I'll think about it, but it'll take months of farming until they reach 7* and high gear, as my rg is 4* and I have 0 daka shards out of (290?). I'm farming St han though, do you think he's viable?
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    St Han is a beast on offense, but not a particularly daunting obstacle on defense (provided you are prepared to deal with him).

I'd put Ben in lead for the dodge wild card. Rey and QGJ are both great in the dps role, with some utility thrown in.

For the final two, think you want someone to pull target priority off of your dps and a little control / heal / utility. The most popular two for those roles (as they both fill multiples) are currently RG and Daka.

I'd drop Phasma for Han, given what's at hand. Absent playing QGJ smart to defang Han, he can really control the battle. Taunt plus heavy TM manipulation is a great mix (fantastic on offense, too unreliable with the AI driving on defense).

Lumi is ok on the dps front, the ability block is potentially great, and the heal is best in class (just rarely outcome-determinative, and less so on defense). I'd consider swapping her for another heavy dps if one's available (GS, 86....). Otherwise, she'll do.