Galactic War - HELP

I can't finish the galactic war. I always get to the same point. I get to the second last battle and have no team to face them.
My upgraded characters are
5* Sidious
5* Lumi
4* Chewie
4* Kylo Ren
4* Talia
4* Obi Wan
4* Luke
4* Jedi Consular (kinda upgraded, gear 5)
3* Captain Phasma

I have a 4* Cad Bane I just recently got that isn't levelled up

If there is any advice you could give me like a team way to approach I would be grateful. Thanks

Replies

• Kyuu2
    112 posts Member
    1) Make sure you use retreat as a method to clear buffs on their team (taunt, offense up), or debuffs (healing immune, offense down, many DoTs), on your team.
    2) When using the above, it benefits your team to have a faster team as the turn meters start fresh.
    3) Save tanky/low damage enemy characters for last if possible, it allows your team to heal up before starting the next battle. Enemy Chewie/Barris are perfect examples of this.
    4) If you have a character that's at risk of dying, consider retreating and swapping him/her out for someone else until you have the battle under control, which at that point you can swap it back in to heal him/her before the next battle.
    5) Having strong reliable heals is very important since GW is a battle of endurance. My Lumi and Consular were the ones I worked on the hardest.
    6) Try to ensure that your cooldowns are available to the best of your ability before the next battle while killing the tanky characters. Basically don't waste cooldowns from the previous fight once you have it under control.
    7) Having cannon fodder is beneficial at times in order to give your team more time to recover cooldowns at the end of a battle without killing remaining enemy tank, or to absorb an upcoming teams strong attacks at the start.

I run my team with Lumi, Consular, Sid, Dooku, and Barriss (though I would want Daka). So far I found the 3 heal 2 dps to work well.
  • Pretty much sums it up. I had a terrible time early on. Lately though after putting thought into the battles and how to manage the opponents I have completed all I have attempted with losing no heroes. Fast chars are good for retreat attacks. Pick your target and let them strike. Let the enemy get in one attack and retreat. Repeat till the threat is gone, unless it's Dooku...I usually use a three tank two cannon team on him. Just have to get 8sed to retreating and when to do it. My main team is Sid, Boba, Lumi, JC, Phasma or FOTP depending on battle, I am slow farming Dooku...he would be good for my fifth spot. Just rotate heroes as needed when needed.

GL to you!

Syn
  • Brock_Leeson
    41 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Kyuu2 wrote: »
    1) Make sure you use retreat as a method to clear buffs on their team (taunt, offense up), or debuffs (healing immune, offense down, many DoTs), on your team.
    2) When using the above, it benefits your team to have a faster team as the turn meters start fresh.
    3) Save tanky/low damage enemy characters for last if possible, it allows your team to heal up before starting the next battle. Enemy Chewie/Barris are perfect examples of this.
    4) If you have a character that's at risk of dying, consider retreating and swapping him/her out for someone else until you have the battle under control, which at that point you can swap it back in to heal him/her before the next battle.
    5) Having strong reliable heals is very important since GW is a battle of endurance. My Lumi and Consular were the ones I worked on the hardest.
    6) Try to ensure that your cooldowns are available to the best of your ability before the next battle while killing the tanky characters. Basically don't waste cooldowns from the previous fight once you have it under control.
    7) Having cannon fodder is beneficial at times in order to give your team more time to recover cooldowns at the end of a battle without killing remaining enemy tank, or to absorb an upcoming teams strong attacks at the start.

I run my team with Lumi, Consular, Sid, Dooku, and Barriss (though I would want Daka). So far I found the 3 heal 2 dps to work well.
    Thanks
  • Kyuu2
    112 posts Member
    As long as the enemy team has attacked at least once, when you click on the gear on the top left of the screen, by auto combat, you can retreat from the battle. When you resume the battle, the enemy team is at the exact same health and retains the same cooldowns as previously done. So if you retreat right after Chewie taunts, he will not have it up again for a few turns. This of course applies to your team's health and cooldowns as well.
  • @Kyuu2 hence you have a 2nd or 3rd team when it get's tough and you want those to take some damage and cooldowns. I even killed a Sid with my team B once after I retreated to finish them with main squad.
    Works like a charm every time :)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Kyuu2 wrote: »
    As long as the enemy team has attacked at least once, when you click on the gear on the top left of the screen, by auto combat, you can retreat from the battle. When you resume the battle, the enemy team is at the exact same health and retains the same cooldowns as previously done. So if you retreat right after Chewie taunts, he will not have it up again for a few turns. This of course applies to your team's health and cooldowns as well.

Thanks, Kyuu! I have been doing Galactic War for about 5 days now and I had no idea that you could retreat! Hopefully it'll make finishing a GW campaign a little bit easier. So far I have yet to finish 1!

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    @ThalosKirano
    Finishing one will go faster than you realise :)
    I also started to complete half runs at the beginning, now I have a streak of 14 days without a loss. Retreat option and multiple teams taking the hits near the end.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Rereat, retreat, retreat can save you **** big time. Also there is a "galactic sized guide to galactic war" guide on forums that you should really look at.
  • Sending in low level characters on the later battles to start is helpful because the computer AI will always use up their most powerful specials then you can bring in your A team and the opponent's specials are on cooldown.
This discussion has been closed.