5th character for a droid team

kgwzz
23 posts Member
Hi all,

I'm building a droid team for the Arena, with the usual suspects - IG88, IG86, HK47, and Poggle. For the remaining slot, I'm thinking of either:

Daka, for her stuns and high speed, of course, but also because some bots are sure to die, and there's a chance that she can resurrect them. Her health is not very high though, and the team as a whole would be rather squishy.

Luminara, for her nuke, which can almost one-shot some characters with Poggle's offense up. Also useful for healing, for instance if Poggle gets hit with an ability block and you need another turn to get offense up to work. However, she almost always gets hit and stunned by Dooku on his first turn.

Phasma, to slow down the enemy and give the IGs more time to squeeze in some hits. She can also put on more debuffs to damage up IG88. However, I'm not sure if she is fast enough to slow down the enemy before one of the IGs get killed.

Genosian soldier, to just hit harder and faster. However, this would make the team not very diversified.

Dathcha, to create a super-ability blocking team, adding to the blocks put on by IG88, HK47, and Poggle. He is rather squishy though, and having three AoE characters might put the team at a disadvantage against a counter-attacking team.

I'm giving Poe, whose taunt would be very useful, a miss as it'd take awhile to farm him. Characters like Rey and the FOTP would also take months to farm. I'm also giving characters that involve a lot of spending like Obi Wan and Leia a miss too.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• Lobot?
  • Austin
    61 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    If you're looking for a third ability block, I would definitely go for boba over datcha. Both are farmable, and farming IG-86 would conflict with datcha (at least in galactic war). Since you get boba from the dragon ball currency, itneould not conflict with any of the droids (only daka). Would you rather have the most famous bounty hunter of all time on your team, or some random little jawa?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    @Austin Dragonball currency +1
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Your are asking the wrong question. The right question is "I have HK, 88,86 and Poe, and who should be the last member Poggle, Dooku or phasma "

Poe is must have. If most of your competitors don't have Dooku or QGJ, then you should use Poggle, if they do, use phasma or Dooku instead.

Overall use both Poe and phasma is the better choice. When you have them both you won't need Poggle.

• Your are asking the wrong question. The right question is "I have HK, 88,86 and Poe, and who should be the last member Poggle, Dooku or phasma "

Poe is must have. If most of your competitors don't have Dooku or QGJ, then you should use Poggle, if they do, use phasma or Dooku instead.

Overall use both Poe and phasma is the better choice. When you have them both you won't need Poggle.

Thanks, given that Poe would take awhile to farm, I'm more concerned about the near-term options. Poe is something definitely worth looking at, but perhaps over a longer-term..

Explain please.

I have HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, Poe and Phasma at 5*.

I was planning on waiting to launch my droid squad after I farmed up Poggle (55/80 shards to unlock) to replace Phasma with.

In what way is Phasma superior to Poggle in this setup? If I don't need Poggle it will save me a bunch of time.
  • Poggle gives you extra 50% damage and a little more speed for the droids and that's it. That's all he does. Poggle and Poe do not hit hard, so their offense boost shouldn't make much difference.

with phasma, you won't hit as hard. But you will get significantly more turns at a very crucial time during the match. You want to make sure your phasma is a bit slower than your 88 and 86. That would make this synergy perfect.

Ideally what happens is that Poe taunts first, then your 88 and 86 begins the slaughter. After that phasma uses her victory March which should allow 88 and 86 to go again, lastly HK can mop up the body pieces of your enemy.

See the picture? Once your Poe taunts, your opponent can only pray.
  • Leaky
    29 posts Member
    Poggle gives you extra 50% damage and a little more speed for the droids and that's it. That's all he does. Poggle and Poe do not hit hard, so their offense boost shouldn't make much difference.

with phasma, you won't hit as hard. But you will get significantly more turns at a very crucial time during the match. You want to make sure your phasma is a bit slower than your 88 and 86. That would make this synergy perfect.

Ideally what happens is that Poe taunts first, then your 88 and 86 begins the slaughter. After that phasma uses her victory March which should allow 88 and 86 to go again, lastly HK can mop up the body pieces of your enemy.

Wouldn't you want phasma to be a little faster than 88 ideally? That way more enemies would be suffering from negative status effects causing him to do more damage and you would still get the benefits of the extra turns.

• Toolio
    175 posts Member
    Poggle gives you extra 50% damage and a little more speed for the droids and that's it. That's all he does. Poggle and Poe do not hit hard, so their offense boost shouldn't make much difference.

Hmm, I feel like I need to test out both against different comps to get a feel for how they work together.

I figured Poggle will almost always get his buff off due to his speed, and the ensuing buff along with the HK-47 leadership and Poe's taunt will ensure things go dead, even if the AI is playing on defence.

Phasma sounds good for the possible turn manipulation, but is more involved, and I'm wary she could be stunned or ability blocked before she gets her turn, rendering her useless. Also the AI always uses her Speed Down AOE first if I'm not mistaken.

I also have 6* Old Daka who could possibly fill that role. Mainly because she would take the top place in kill priority over IG-88, and she may be able to pop a timely rez against an AOE heavy team.

It's all theorycraft for me until I test them in the Arena, I think I might hold off until they are all 6*.

• Poggles ability block is quite high, 65% and get gets a big potency boost from gear. More often than not his debuff will land, which is great for 88 and controlling enemy teams. He's also very fast and tanky, with his offense buff he can hit 2k per hit and 3k+ on crits. I wouldn't could him out, his buff lasts for 3 turns and is on a 4 turn cooldown, droids in the team will nearly always have it active considering how much faster he is than them.
This discussion has been closed.