Boba Fett

Darthenstein
1205 posts Member
edited May 2016
Since he is THE bounty hunter of all and always follows the one paying the best, how about giving him some constant tags and one variable tag?

Constant tags (he will always have these regardless): Scoundrel, Human, Mandalorian, Clone.

He will also gain a variable tag, depending on the current Leader of the Squad.

If Teebo is the leader (and Boba for some reason is helping the Ewoks for this battle, maybe being promised gold, glory or whatnot), he will also gain the Tag Ewok.

Example:

Bobas tags when grouped with Leader Darth Vader: Scoundrel, Human, Mandalorian, Clone and Empire.

Bobas tags when grouped with Leader Qui Gonn Jinn: Scoundrel, Human, Mandalorian, Clone and Jedi.

Bobas tags when grouped with Teebo:
Scoundrel, Human, Mandalorian, Clone and Ewok.

Boburts tags when Leader himself: Scoundrel, Human, Mandalorian, Clone and The Fettman.
tumblr_lxwjw1Mgpt1qiufmyo7_400.gif

Post edited by Darthenstein on

Replies

• Boba can't be a jedi. He's a bounty hunter and they don't have affiliation. He probably would of worked for the rebels is they paid him enough.
  • That's an interesting idea maybe for a changeling like Zam?

Although technically Boba is a clone of Jango he shouldn't be classified as a clone because he wasn't bred the same as the clone army.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Just the buff the poor fella lol
  • Hobnob wrote: »
    Just the buff the poor fella lol

giphy.gif

Never heard of Zam, who/what is it? A shapeshifter?

giphy.gif
  • Yeah look up Zam Wessel. A her species is Clawdite. She was the changeling that attempted to murder Padme in Ep II. She was wirking for Jango.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    @Darthenstein that will do nicely thanks
    @Darthenstein that will do nicely thanks

Anytime Hobnob!

giphy.gif
  • gbshow
    89 posts Member
    good post, they need to do something with him, he's useless right now.
  • gbshow wrote: »
    good post, they need to do something with him, he's useless right now.

Most definitely!

giphy.gif
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    I had Boba on my last game and sadly, he sat on the bench or was used as cannon fodder. He should be an awesome leader with his abilities, such a shame....
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I had Boba on my last game and sadly, he sat on the bench or was used as cannon fodder. He should be an awesome leader with his abilities, such a shame....

Boba should never be relegated to a benchwarmer...

(scared stormtrooper on the right)
    giphy.gif

• Zteag_92
    45 posts Member
    Boba and Jango should both have clone and storm trooper synergies. And should have the strongest leader abilities for clones. And should have anti jedi capabilities to an extent. In battles you use 6 characters you could have Vader and Luke, Boba and Jango and Han Solo and Kylo Ren. Father/son and Master/Apprentice should have some sort of synergy
  • Lcb12321
    188 posts Member
    I think he can work on a team with Anakin and Daka and and a Ben evasion leader...

He dies and comes back to life with evasion or is revived buffs up anakin then Dies again comes back to life while re-applying the buff again and so on...

Plus with a Ben lead u might want to consider taking him out over anakin...

Of course u would go after Daka first meaning a tank is probably nessesary... Like RG

In the meantime you would want to keep up healing and stunning with both Daka and RG

It sounds good in theory however it's probly not a very viable strategy...
  • Zteag_92 wrote: »
    Boba and Jango should both have clone and storm trooper synergies. And should have the strongest leader abilities for clones.

Why? Did he ever do service in a clone army? I disagree with this tag. Besides, he already has a leader ability that applies to EVERYONE, including clones and stormtroopers.

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    I've rather weirdly ran a boba led team from day 1, hit top 10 this week but settled rather abruptly to 30ish. Living in hope that he will become meta in 2021 and I will laugh loudest.... :neutral:
    I've rather weirdly ran a boba led team from day 1, hit top 10 this week but settled rather abruptly to 30ish. Living in hope that he will become meta in 2021 and I will laugh loudest.... :neutral:

Last laugh will be ours! :smiley:

giphy.gif

Although technically Boba is a clone of Jango he shouldn't be classified as a clone because he wasn't bred the same as the clone army.

I just got kicked out of a guild for having an argument with a guild member (who was an Officer ranked member) about this. I used the EXACT same argument that he wasn't bred/aged/modified as the other clones.

The Officer's response was, "it doesn't matter, a clone is a clone, Boba is a clone no matter what, and should be labeled as a clone."

So I eventually got kicked out.
  • Over that?!
  • Over that?!

Yep. Pretty crazy. The whole guild ended up turning on me eventually since I was bringing "negativity" to the chat. So the officer kicked me out of the guild.

Don't know why he even bothered asking if he was just going to get an explanation/response that he didn't like or want to read. That's if the person was a "he." Pretty sure it was a guy though. But yeah. He kicked me out because of the argument. And it was getting pretty intense. I tried ending it a few times, but he wanted to keep the argument going. The guild leader tried ending the argument, but the leader got off or something, and then it led to me getting removed/kicked out.
  • And don't necro either
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • REAPER!

Reaper reaper reaper, what in the wide world are we going to do with you? That was really not at all why you got kicked out, and you know it. You got booted because you are an insufferable know-it-all who can't stand being wrong, or letting someone with a different opinion have their opinion without having to tell them that it's wrong.

You also got kicked out because you kept threatening to leave "as soon as the raid is over," and telling people to hurry up and finish the raid so you could leave.

You also got kicked out because you were arguing with an officer over a basic feature of the game that you were 100% wrong about, and refused to believe he was right.

You also got kicked out because despite numerous attempts by myself, the guild leader and at least one other members to get you to calm yourself, you wouldn't let it go. BECAUSE YOU NEVER LET IT GO.

And finally, at the end of the day, you got kicked because from the moment you joined, you have been a giant pain in the posterior.

These are facts.

Good day sir.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    LOL this guild battle, and this old post back when Boba was a bad toon. Now he is so OP and can fit anywhere. Funny to think how this game has evolved.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    That's an interesting idea maybe for a changeling like Zam?

I just got kicked out of a guild for having an argument with a guild member (who was an Officer ranked member) about this. I used the EXACT same argument that he wasn't bred/aged/modified as the other clones.

The Officer's response was, "it doesn't matter, a clone is a clone, Boba is a clone no matter what, and should be labeled as a clone."

So I eventually got kicked out.

Boba is a clone, Jango is not.
    Jango making Boba his special little clone still makes him a clone :)
    So yeah, you are wrong but I don't expect you to admit it here and in response to my post but you're still wrong :D
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Over that?!

go ahead, let him join your guild. you will wonder why we or any guild allowed him to stay more than a day. BTW, I am the boot that booted him. he said I wouldn't let it go? I was offline for 45 min and when i.came back he was still going on about it and arguing with others. don't trust the reaper, just ignore him.
  • SunFacYou
    52 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Zteag_92 wrote: »
    Boba and Jango should both have clone and storm trooper synergies. And should have the strongest leader abilities for clones. And should have anti jedi capabilities to an extent. In battles you use 6 characters you could have Vader and Luke, Boba and Jango and Han Solo and Kylo Ren. Father/son and Master/Apprentice should have some sort of synergy

Jango isnt a clone and never really did anything with the clones other than the fact they are clones of him lol so I see no reason whatsoever why he would have any synergy with them. U could make an arguement for boba having a clone tag but that would just be pointless imo.
  • Anditesh
    135 posts Member
    Since he is THE bounty hunter of all and always follows the one paying the best, how about giving him some constant tags and one variable tag?

Constant tags (he will always have these regardless): Scoundrel, Human, Mandalorian, Clone.

He will also gain a variable tag, depending on the current Leader of the Squad.

If Teebo is the leader (and Boba for some reason is helping the Ewoks for this battle, maybe being promised gold, glory or whatnot), he will also gain the Tag Ewok.

Example:

Bobas tags when grouped with Leader Darth Vader: Scoundrel, Human, Mandalorian, Clone and Empire.

Bobas tags when grouped with Leader Qui Gonn Jinn: Scoundrel, Human, Mandalorian, Clone and Jedi.

Bobas tags when grouped with Teebo:
    Scoundrel, Human, Mandalorian, Clone and Ewok.

Boburts tags when Leader himself: Scoundrel, Human, Mandalorian, Clone and The Fettman.
    tumblr_lxwjw1Mgpt1qiufmyo7_400.gif

First off you are missing the fact that he is a Bounty Hunter, which he will always keep that tag. Yes, he is a Clone which I can see this tag work, as well as Mandalorian. He is not a Ewok,Jedi, or any other class that what he is plus Mandalorian and maybe a Clone tag since he is a Clone. But I don't see them adding him as a Tagged Clone since he never worked with any Clones.
  • I'm already part of a new guild so Jamie_SWGOH can't add me.

I never said Martian was wrong though. He asked why Boba wasn't a clone and I answered.

Yes, Boba IS a clone, but he has never worked with any of the clones. Plus he was on the opposite side of the Clones during the final battle of Attack Of The Clones and then FULLY turned against them when Jango was killed. So I don't see how he could synergize with the Clones when he was against them. It would be like giving Palpatine the Jedi class.

But as I've said, you slap Boba with "Clones" class, then give Vader EVERYTHING Anakin is under and then give Anakin EVERYTHING Vader is under since they are the same person. And do the same with a bunch of other characters. Plus make Clone Wars Chewie synergize with both Hans since he will eventually become friends with Han.

And a few have even said what I have, so there are others that believe the same thing as me.

But I was never saying Martian was wrong. He is right that Boba IS a clone, but with his role in the movies and what he does throughout them, that keeps him from being labeled under the Clone class/filter and having some kind of synergy with them.

Anyway, I'm not always right. I'm usually wrong. And sometimes I like being wrong. And when I'm around my friends, I'm ALWAYS wrong. I could say that the sky is blue or the grass is green or that Vader is Luke's father and still be wrong. I'm never right. But there are times I like to be wrong.

For example, with the new Fast & Furious, I kept saying that Jason Statham was going to die in the movie since read something of photos leaking of Vin Diesel's character killing him. Well, then footage that matched what I read popped up in a trailer/TV spot, confirming he was going to die. But when I watched the movie, I was wrong. Well, I was half right. Jason Statham, does die, but his death was faked. He lives when the end credits roll. And I'm glad I was wrong with that since I like Jason Statham. Even though he was the bad guy in the 7th movie, I didn't want him to die in the 8th one. So I enjoy being wrong.

But Martian is NOT wrong. I get what he's saying. Boba IS a clone, I got that the first time I saw the movie. But he was raised differently and wasn't on the same side of the war as the Clones. Well, he would eventually be on the same side, but the Clones became Stormtroopers by then. And Clones and Stormtroopers are under different classes.

The developers probably don't want to slap Clones with Stormtroopers' class and then slap Stormtroopers with Clones class. They do that for them and a bunch of other characters, then a bunch of characters would have over half the classes/filters and complicate stuff.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @Vampire_X

Zombie thread call-out flame war.
This discussion has been closed.