MK III Ability Mats

ZarAzi
249 posts Member
edited January 2016
These precious lil things don't come easy. Besides the abysmal drop rates and what not, how else do you think we should be able to acquire these purple mats?

MK III Ability Mats 90 votes

Hell Yes put it in one of the shipments.
18% 17 votes
Nah. I prefer farming them. It's fun and challenging
7% 7 votes
Galactic War should drop more of these.
38% 35 votes
Maybe add it into the Keycard Battles?
34% 31 votes

Replies

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Massive under supply of these for sure.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    I think they should put in a trade in for excess shards... i.e. once you max a character at 7* the excess shards aren't useful anymore, they should be able to be traded in for tier 3 mats, maybe like 20 or 30 shards for a mat

However a mechanism would need to be put in place where the excess shards can only be traded once you hit 7* with a particular character to limit potential exploitation.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • These things are the bane of my existence, the only resource holding me back from developing characters most of the time so something like trading excess shards would be a great idea!
  • Hope they will drop more after update. Or we wont be able to Train one char skills 60-70.
  • Key card battles is the only option that makes sense to me, outside of the existing ones now. Drops from the challenge level are appropriate. Same with galactic wars. Cantina might be a bit stingy with them, but the other sources make up for it. I am still limited by a lack of them as well, but just today I finally upgraded Lando's Double Down AoE to have a turn shorter cooldown. Feels better to make progress over time than having every character's potential realized immediately. Had to decide between that and 100% ability block on Luminara, so the trade offs make you really have to think how you'd like to use your limited materials.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    Glad others see the pathetic drop rates for these since I commented on it yesterday.

I understand they are going to be rare but I'm seeing an under 2% drop rate out of hundreds of Cantina/GW battles.

Amazingly, I got a few in the GW I did this morning and then got a few more in that Ability Mats challenge so I was able to level up two different abilities. Like Christmas!
  • Toolio
    175 posts Member
    It's a well balanced bottleneck that is working as intended. You shouldn't be able to max every characters ability straight away, it's about strategy and prioritising scarce resources.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    @Toolio where is it mentioned that we should get all we needed in one pull, if you like the way it is now just say so without comming with crazy scenarios

I like the key battle idea, for it makes you deside if you want to spend 50E on it or use it for gear/shards, and with my luck, it would be welcome
    once in a while I get 1 from a full GW, never got one in cantina, so from my point of view the only ones I get is from the ability mat challenge
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Toolio wrote: »
    It's a well balanced bottleneck that is working as intended. You shouldn't be able to max every characters ability straight away, it's about strategy and prioritising scarce resources.

I agree. This won't be a popular opinion but I think there is plenty of supply of these and they shouldn't be easy to get. Today I have already gotten 3 from Cantina fights and 2 from the first ability challenge. Like 3 or 4 more from the challenge, then 2 or 3 from GW. Then tomorrow, again probably 10 or 12 more.
    I'd be fine if they put it into the Cantina shipments though. Having the Tier 1 and Tier 2 ability mats there is a newbie trap.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Galactic War should drop more MK III Ability Mats and keycard battle can justify the steep 50 energy cost if they drops 3 or more of these.
  • Maybe I haven't hit the point in the game yet, but I also seem to be low on the level 2 ability mats. I always seem to have enough level 3's when I need them, but getting past the level 2 for an ability is rough.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    i'm sitting on 70 extra mk iii mats. i have 10 maxed 60's and i don't spend the skill mats unless i have a 5-6* minimum max level max geared character...unless i'm doing something wrong, i don't feel there is an undersupply of these
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse wrote: »
    i'm sitting on 70 extra mk iii mats. i have 10 maxed 60's and i don't spend the skill mats unless i have a 5-6* minimum max level max geared character...unless i'm doing something wrong, i don't feel there is an undersupply of these

On the contrary, the vast majority of us are doing something wrong! 70 extra MK 3s...

If I had started playing the game knowing all that I know now, I would also have a few extras. All those wasted mats on those worthless starting and dropped toons...

Back to topic, voted for key cards but also support GW once matches are matched better so that people who don't force close and play the game the way it's meant to be can also benefit. Too easy accessibility will make them worthless. For now, I really, really appreciate their value.
  • Having a keycard battle sounds good to me. 50 energy is nothing to laugh at. If I got 3 mark III each time, I'd be pretty happy with that.