Old Ben's 'If you strike me down' ability is misleading.

Prev1
LMB1oTNh.jpg

This should mean that if he dies he grants those buffs, but it only happens the first time he dies.

If you revive him again and again it will only work on his first death.

Is this bugged or is the description misleading?
My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.

Replies

• bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Description misleading I'd say
  • You really need to complain about everything don't you @Cosmicturtle3333
  • AI never kills him 1st, 2nd, 3rd and rarely 4th. Plus, his health and protection are quite high when maxed.

8viEIMl.jpg
  • You really need to complain about everything don't you @Cosmicturtle3333

I you they type of person that can read a description and it says this attack does minimum 2,000 damage then it does 1,000 and you'll be like yup just like it says.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    LMB1oTNh.jpg

This should mean that if he dies he grants those buffs, but it only happens the first time he dies.

LMB1oTNh.jpg

Misleading description I believe.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    It doesn't matter. The only way he'd die first in a match is if there was a way you could kill him yourself.
  • Lol what? Did you seriously just call for all the mods because you didn't like what was said and want to get technical? Wow lol

Yeah I did.
  • fQv40M8h.jpg
    HqZxikwh.jpg

This completely ruins my reviving squad if Old Ben's unique will only work once.

I see no reason why it shouldn't work every time he dies.
  • It's because he has been defeated. He no longer has a shadow when he is resurrected because he is still dead. It is an unique special that can be only triggered once. A similar sort of unique would be scoundrel Han shoot first ability. How would you feel if he was brought back and used that ability again and again.
  • Hello Hello @Cosmicturtle3333! What you did earlier was quite hilarious, never seen anyone tag so many mods in one post xD
  • It's because he has been defeated. He no longer has a shadow when he is resurrected because he is still dead. It is an unique special that can be only triggered once. A similar sort of unique would be scoundrel Han shoot first ability. How would you feel if he was brought back and used that ability again and again.

I know that he has been defeated and has used that ability. But it doesn't specify that it only works once.

Due to reviving being a valid tactic ability descriptions should say 'the first time he is defeated' or 'every time he is defeated' or something like that to specify how the ability actually works.

How would I feel of his ability worked as I want it to work and I killed him multiple times knowing that he buffed the enemy team multiple times?

Pretty stoopid, and I would plan my next attack accordingly. It's not like it would make him overpowered anyway.
  • AI never kills him 1st, 2nd, 3rd and rarely 4th. Plus, his health and protection are quite high when maxed.

8viEIMl.jpg

Misquoting revenge of the sith? How dare you. It's "only a sith deals in absolutes". I will out-prequel you.
  • @cosmicturtle333 how often are you in the situation where old Ben has been killed before the revivers and is killed again? It looks like a misleading description, but out of curiosity, have you ever seen this happen more than once or twice? Also is this for GW or the raid?
  • @cosmicturtle333 how often are you in the situation where old Ben has been killed before the revivers and is killed again? It looks like a misleading description, but out of curiosity, have you ever seen this happen more than once or twice? Also is this for GW or the raid?

I've used that team in two arena battles. He has been killed first or second because he only has 7500 health.

I've used that team in two arena battles. He has been killed first or second because he only has 7500 health.

Ohh just noticed he is under leveled and geared. That's a cool idea

Yeah, it would have been if the ability worked as it was described.

Unfortunately now I've wasted all of those resources on HK47 and Old Ben for a team which now won't work.
  • When he is revived he is a zombie, so he is already dead, so the effect won't trigger.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Let me try 1 more time. After he is defeated and brought back the lack of shadow shows he has been defeated. His state in the game is changed till the end of the fight. Since he can't return to his original state(with a shadow) he can't use his special again.There is an internal computation that occurs after a death.The lack of shadow is the visual for this computation as is the screen awarding the stars at the completion of a battle(not to be confused with the stars awarded on the mission board.) While I'll agree his special is written somewhat vague, it is working as it should.
  • Let me try 1 more time. After he is defeated and brought back the lack of shadow shows he has been defeated. His state in the game is changed till the end of the fight. Since he can't return to his original state(with a shadow) he can't use his special again.There is an internal computation that occurs after a death.The lack of shadow is the visual for this computation as is the screen awarding the stars at the completion of a battle(not to be confused with the stars awarded on the mission board.) While I'll agree his special is written somewhat vague, it is working as it should.

I know it's working as it should, and I understand the zombie part.

I get it.

But the description is misleading, that's all I'm saying.
  • Okie dokie. We are on the same page I'm just reading it upside down because your in the Southern hemisphere. And I shouldn't be up at 3am.
  • int3ns1fy
    210 posts Member
    @cosmicturtle333 how often are you in the situation where old Ben has been killed before the revivers and is killed again? It looks like a misleading description, but out of curiosity, have you ever seen this happen more than once or twice? Also is this for GW or the raid?

Unfortunately now I've wasted all of those resources on HK47 and Old Ben for a team which now won't work.

The team wouldn't have worked anyway, I mean it's not exactly like this squad is a terribly good idea. Who makes squads for arena offense? Defense is the problem, and that squad will get absolutely wrecked on defense.

Besides, HK is still the best leader for a droid squad and Old Ben is...well...we all know. So really, complaining that you wasted resources on two otherwise excellent toons just because they don't fit into your gimmick squad which was never a good idea in the first place shouldn't rank very high on the devs' list of things to fix.
  • int3ns1fy wrote: »
    @cosmicturtle333 how often are you in the situation where old Ben has been killed before the revivers and is killed again? It looks like a misleading description, but out of curiosity, have you ever seen this happen more than once or twice? Also is this for GW or the raid?

The team wouldn't have worked anyway, I mean it's not exactly like this squad is a terribly good idea. Who makes squads for arena offense? Defense is the problem, and that squad will get absolutely wrecked on defense.

Besides, HK is still the best leader for a droid squad and Old Ben is...well...we all know. So really, complaining that you wasted resources on two otherwise excellent toons just because they don't fit into your gimmick squad which was never a good idea in the first place shouldn't rank very high on the devs' list of things to fix.

And who makes squads for arena defense too?

The idea isn't to possibly win. You can farm the meta and have a 5% chance to win or you can not farm the meta and have a 2% chance to win, but a much, much higher chance to annoy people. That's the idea, annoy people so they might, just maybe, could possibly not battle you again.

This thread isn't about my gimmick squad anyway (I know it's a bad idea, I did it for fun).

This thread is about getting the description changed so that others aren't misled like I was.

If it only said 'the first time he is defeated' instead of what it currently says then that could be the difference between someone wasting a lot of resources on him or using them on someone else.
  • int3ns1fy
    210 posts Member
    int3ns1fy wrote: »

The idea isn't to possibly win. You can farm the meta and have a 5% chance to win or you can not farm the meta and have a 2% chance to win, but a much, much higher chance to annoy people. That's the idea, annoy people so they might, just maybe, could possibly not battle you again.

This thread isn't about my gimmick squad anyway (I know it's a bad idea, I did it for fun).

This thread is about getting the description changed so that others aren't misled like I was.

If it only said 'the first time he is defeated' instead of what it currently says then that could be the difference between someone wasting a lot of resources on him or using them on someone else.

Well you're probably the only one out there who farmed HK and Old Ben for this purpose, so I wouldn't worry that others have wasted their resources :) And anyone who actually cares about their arena ranking will gear their squad around defense. Which is precisely what you have done, when you say you have tried to make a squad so annoying that people will avoid attacking you. That's an arena defense squad. You think everyone uses Dooku and Old Ben because you need their dodge for offense?
  • int3ns1fy wrote: »
    int3ns1fy wrote: »

Well you're probably the only one out there who farmed HK and Old Ben for this purpose, so I wouldn't worry that others have wasted their resources :) And anyone who actually cares about their arena ranking will gear their squad around defense. Which is precisely what you have done, when you say you have tried to make a squad so annoying that people will avoid attacking you. That's an arena defense squad. You think everyone uses Dooku and Old Ben because you need their dodge for offense?

I was rank 50-100 for the last month or so, I recently put a level one ugnaught as my arena defense for a few days now I'm down to 700+.

Trust me when I say that it was purely for fun and I don't care about my arena rank.

Regardless of why people spend resources in Old Ben the issue still exists.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    It makes sense, that the buffs only happen once, since he can only be defeated once. If he is revived, he's not really defeated.
  • КЦПG_FЦГУ
    355 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    58760770.jpg
  • When he is defeated. Duh!
    Obviously there's nothing wrong with the description.
    if you want the buff to happen more than once, it has to be corrected to "WHENEVER he is defeated".
  • When he is defeated. Duh!
    Obviously there's nothing wrong with the description.
    if you want the buff to happen more than once, it has to be corrected to "WHENEVER he is defeated".

Well the way I thought it worked (and maybe others did too) was like this:

Start battle
    Ben is defeated
    I receive buffs
    I revive Ben
    Ben is defeated
    I receive buffs
    Repeat

If the buff should only work once then it should say 'the first time he is defeated'.

If the buff should work every time then it should say 'every time he is defeated'.

But 'when he is defeated' is rather ambiguous in my opinion.
  • Yup it's misleading. I used to find it super annoying but you get used to it.

I like the idea of using OB solely for sacrifice, but doesn't that mean his special never lands because he'll have super low potency? Also, have you tried using teebo L instead of Bobba? Yes Teebo doesn't self-revive but stealth at least affords your revivers some level of protection.
  • Yup it's misleading. I used to find it super annoying but you get used to it.

I like the idea of using OB solely for sacrifice, but doesn't that mean his special never lands because he'll have super low potency? Also, have you tried using teebo L instead of Bobba? Yes Teebo doesn't self-revive but stealth at least affords your revivers some level of protection.

I've theory-crafted many, many squads, but only just started using the first iteration now.

It isn't even fully developed yet because Ewok Elder isn't even 7* yet.