Given the dearth of raid strategy material out there, especially written guides with specifics, I wanted to share some insights.
Special thanks to Medetec, GL of Hera's Cell, both for being a great guild leader and for pointing the way to the key pieces to this plan.
Let's begin --Plan:
Party Time! Or, Teebo steals all the Turn MeterSummary:
This is a team designed to maximize score in Phase 1 of a T6 (or easier) raid vs. the Gamorrean Captain. The team is built to maximize the chances of a “Party Time!” (stealthed Teebo hitting the Captain and stealing 75% TM.) This means the Captain is taking far fewer turns than your team, which allows you to maximize damage. I’ve scored a high of 1.86 million in one battle in T6 with this strategy and eclipsing 1 million is common.
Note the strategies here do
apply to Tier 6 and below, but do not necessarily apply to Heroic, where Turn Meter strategies are far less effective.
Also note that all the characters here are reasonably farmed through shipments of one type or another...you do not
need a strict Ewok team to accomplish great results.Essentials:
- Teebo as leader with omega in leadership skill.
- QGJ with omega in basic.
- Fives for slow on basic. RG is potentially an ok substitute though mine is G8 and his slow is very unreliable on captain.
- 1 High DPS – I use Rey, but a high 86 or GS will probably also work (and might even be better, see below)
- This assumes every char is at least G9, G8 will struggle more to land effects (generally).
- Teebo, G9, 80, 7 stars, omega leadership
- QGJ, G10, 80, 7 stars, omega in basic
- Fives, G9, 80, 6 stars, no omegas
- Rey, G9, 80, 6 stars, omega in basic
- Phasma, G8, 7 stars, no omega
The plan is to maximize Teebo’s ability on his basic to remove 75% TM when stealthed…most other pieces of this team – QGJ, Fives, Phasma – are there to increase the number of times Teebo can do his basic attack. I’ll break up the description into a number of sub-sections –1. Getting to the Captain alone –
The first hurdle is to kill the Guard and the Brute leaving you alone with the Captain. This is a part where if it doesn’t go smoothly you absolutely should reset and try again. You shouldn’t lose anyone here, and if you do, start over. One key concept here is while you are focused on killing the guards, you have two goals with the captain –
- Get speed down on the captain either through Fives or Phasma. This must happen as soon as possible. The difference between speed down on captain throughout and not is the difference between a failed run and a successful one.
- If you have an opportunity to reduce TM on captain through QGJ or Teebo, take it…the less TM the Captain has the better your run will be.
But outside of those two things, you want to kill both adds as soon as possible, which then gets you to the captain alone. Now it’s Party Time.2. Party Time –
Party time is when a stealthed Teebo hits the captain stealing virtually all of his TM. It’s basically the equivalent of a stun, which is really, really powerful (there’s a reason stun doesn’t work on captain). QGJ’s basic attack having a 65% chance of removing 30% TM is nice, but what it’s really there for is to set up another Teebo attack. The first time you see Teebo land a stealth basic and remove all TM from Captain, you’ll understand how simple and powerful this strategy is. That said, let’s walk through each character a bit --QGJ
Normally it’s correct to use QGJ’s Harmonious Assault every time it’s open – QGJ’s assist attack is one of the very best in the game. That is not true here. Much of the time it’s better to use his basic attack. There are a few exceptions to this –
- When the captain has no TM.
- When Teebo is stealthed, and will already act before the captain…you have a 25% chance of triggering a Teebo attack with Harmonious Assault – take it, since you’re getting another free opportunity with Teebo’s turn.
Outside of those considerations, basic attack away! Dispel is almost never called for, and only use it when necessary (yes, offense up for two turns is good, but captain not taking turns is better)Teebo
With Teebo you want to maximize his chances of being stealthed so that you can enjoy the longest Party Time you can. This means never using his stealth ability if he auto-grants it to himself, but when he doesn’t auto-grant it, and if the captain has TM, then use his stealth ability and then basic attack. Note that when the Captain has no TM I will save stealth.
Also note that there can be a visual display bug where Teebo is shadowed out, but does not have the stealth icon over his head. He is not stealthed!
This mistake can be fatal so watch out for it.Fives
Fives’s main job is to apply speed down to captain (which is an essential piece, as mentioned above). I don’t have his basic omegaed…it’s nice to have but it’s not essential. His assist attack is nice, in that it usually triggers either more Rey damage or QGJ TM reduction or even more Party Time with Teebo!Rey
Press buttons -- do damage. No, really, do lots and lots and lots of damage. Plus more damage. OMG, the damage.Phasma
I think Phasma is the most expendable character here, though it may be she’s more essential than it appears at first glance. Phasma’s main use is to do a well-timed Victory March to jump QGJ and Teebo ahead of captain to allow Teebo another chance at Party Time. Yes, the other characters going again and the guaranteed criticals aren’t bad, but they’re just cherries on top of the Teebo Sundae. A few times I’ve had Phasma Victory March into QGJ who hit’s with his basic allowing Teebo to reduce Captain’s TM to zero. It’s a magical feeling.
So that means you don’t want to use Victory March every time it’s open. It’s often correct to save it to maximize the possibility of having Teebo fire.
She has some secondary use to apply defense down, and some tertiary use to apply speed down if for some reason Fives hasn’t done it yet. Remember, you want Captain always having speed down.3. Other IssuesDealing with Deathmark
– but how do you deal with deathmark, you say? You don’t. When the plan is executed well, the deathmark fades before the captain ever gets a chance to hit you. When the plan is working really well, you *love* when he applies deathmark because he didn’t apply any other pressure.
All that said, Teebo and Fives can both take a few DM hits from captain alone, so no worries.More adds
– at some point the captain will summon more adds, and you want to approach it the same way you did the first time, get rid of them as quickly as possible, while still trying to TM-manage the captain as much as possible.Wearing down
-- Sadly the captain will at some point take turns. Teebo might not have stealth up enough times or might get resisted too many times…at some point the engine breaks down L Note it doesn’t break down as quickly as you might think – Teebo and Fives both have a ton of hps, Rey’s foresight helps with the adds…even when you have most of your team below half-health you’ll be amazed how with a few lucky Party Times you can still get another 500k damage. Once the captain hits enrage, *and* he summons adds, it’s time to go. Try your escapes, and thank your wonderful team for all the beautiful party times you enjoyed together.Other phases
-- This team is a fine team to use in other phases, I got 500k in T6 phase 4, which I’ve never come close to with any other team, but where it shines is phase4. Ways to Upgrade:
Obviously, continuing to gear/star/skill/level your people to their maximum ability is best, but here are some possible useful upgrades –
- Put an omega in Teebo’s basic for 100% TM removal
- Put an omega in Phasma’s Victory March for -1 cooldown to better enable it to be up when you need it.
- Obviously having best Rey (or similar DPS) will maximize damage, including omegas in everything.
- It’s possible that 86 or GS is slightly better than Rey because of their assist. Anything that increases chances of a stealthed Teebo hitting captain is a good thing. That said, Rey might very well be better because of her speed and damage, and you certainly can’t go wrong with her.
I hope this helps! Feel free to add your own suggestions/insights/strategies!