Star Wars Galaxy of Healers

WhipiT
591 posts Member
edited December 2015
Ran across a four healer team in the #1 spot on my timeslot. Old Daka, Barris, Luminara, Consular & Dooku. All maxed geared for level 45. Total nightmare. Lost by time out 3 times in a row, finally sniped him at two minutes before reset by just pure luck that Daka's rez ability didn't pop. Nine out of 10 times I will lose that fight.

If anyone has any advice to deal with heavy healer teams please let's strategize together. What are the best synergies with characters to counter a team like that? Is there even a counter? I barely won by luck that Lando's aoe x2 put them in bad shape & bobas ability block for once was off timer.

I doubt those circumstances will happen often as Landos damage is extremley variable. Please share your thoughts as I and I am sure many would love to learn how to survive in...Star Wars Galaxy of healers.

Replies

• What was your full team set up?

I haven't come up against a 4 healer team yet (most I've had is 3) but that sounds pretty crazy.
  • I haven't beaten any high level healer teams. I frequently see Luminara Consular and Barriss
  • Your main weapon against this team is using heal immunity on their most powerful healer and focusing them down 1 at a time. I suggest Sid and killing Daka first due to her res ability and you win ;)
  • My best strategy so far against the healers is to try and bait a few heals early, get a stun with Dooku on a healer that hasn't healed and then open up on the weakest guys to get them off the board before the heals reset.
  • I am at level 34 and my ally code is 452 853 134 if anyone wants to invite me. I put $100 into this game so far. Got a 5 star player also. Not too thrilled about paying money for a game like this especially since it didn't give me the rewards that I wanted but it's a good game.
  • I haven't beaten any high level healer teams. I frequently see Luminara Consular and Barriss

Indeed, I was blown away how he had enough DPS to reach the number one spot in the first place. It's why I never theorycrafted a 4 healer team for my own squad. I was never close to losing any characters at any time as I run 2 5* healers myself and Im sure most people do the same. Was my hardest fight so far and I give that guy all props.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Slushie wrote: »
    What was your full team set up?

I haven't come up against a 4 healer team yet (most I've had is 3) but that sounds pretty crazy.

Boba/Lando/Sidious/Luminara/Consular Sounds like an AOE playground for Dooku counters I know lol. But surprisingly Lando is the star and is the main reason it works. His AOE is something nasty and it almost always activates the instant reset and 50% damage increase. The crits on the second AOE have decimated teams. Cant wsit to pair him with an offense up buffer. Add in Boba's turtle speed ability block AOE coupled with Sidious AOE+dot and Dooku doesnt survive past the second round to fully utilize his counters.

Buuuut this team kept bringing dooku back most of the time after I blew all my cooldowns through rez then next round boom 3/4 hp and ready to attack a gazzlion times. All props to that team. I was impressed in the four healer defense.
  • @WhipiT , Looks like pushing up healers and any character with strong counter attacks is the strategy for PVP right now.
  • @Powerlifter450 Right! Which translates to spend more money lol. I enjoy being up towards the top of my tiny little server but I cant compete with the big spenders for much longer. Once they finish the game and/or they put old ben in a pack I'll spend more. But for right now Ill just grind levels and watch my decline to the bottom.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It's funny because I sort of do have a team like this though I didn't get there intentionally. I just always prefer defensive characters in games, and Dooku is just awesome. I actually had Chewie, Dooku and 3 healers but I've swapped in Asajj Ventriss for now instead of Talia, because she's useful to have. (Though I sometimes think her buff debuff is bugged... it seems to not always work. Maybe because the green shield symbols appear for both armor and resistance and only one gets removed?)

She's very handy for saying "sorry, no" to teams with Chewie on them (which is most of them).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • FakeRobbo wrote: »
    Your main weapon against this team is using heal immunity on their most powerful healer and focusing them down 1 at a time. I suggest Sid and killing Daka first due to her res ability and you win ;)

The problem with that is even with a heal immunity on any player, Barriss will still be able to heal them up to some extent because part of her heal isn't affected by heal immunity.

WhipiT: The one thing I have noticed in both PvP and Galactic Wars is that AI healers usually won't heal on their first turn even if someone on their team has taken damage, so you might have enough time to take out one enemy member before unloading all your stuns/ability blocks on one of their healers?

That's how I've been getting past 3 healer teams. My kill priority is usually Daka > Luminara > Consular > Barriss.

I leave Barriss last most of the time because she's ridiculously tanky and with 2 (or in your case 3) other healers it's very difficult to take her down before someone gets a heal off.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    It's funny because I sort of do have a team like this though I didn't get there intentionally. I just always prefer defensive characters in games, and Dooku is just awesome. I actually had Chewie, Dooku and 3 healers but I've swapped in Asajj Ventriss for now instead of Talia, because she's useful to have. (Though I sometimes think her buff debuff is bugged... it seems to not always work. Maybe because the green shield symbols appear for both armor and resistance and only one gets removed?)

She's very handy for saying "sorry, no" to teams with Chewie on them (which is most of them).

I've only ever noticed the buff removal skill from Asajj work on taunt or stealth buffs. It doesn't seem to have any effect on dodge/armor/speed buffs from what I've seen so far. Not sure if this is a bug.
  • Asajj debuff enemy to heal skill is useless. Very few things it will even affect. I'm actually disappointed in her overall so far.
  • do vader and ben kenobi for skill block.. anakin and high cit as leader... you kill them in 2 minutes... my 1st place has this.. and is with only 8.6k br unkillable.. 5 tankes full lvl 45.. destroying in 1:30
  • Slushie wrote: »
    FakeRobbo wrote: »
    Your main weapon against this team is using heal immunity on their most powerful healer and focusing them down 1 at a time. I suggest Sid and killing Daka first due to her res ability and you win ;)

The problem with that is even with a heal immunity on any player, Barriss will still be able to heal them up to some extent because part of her heal isn't affected by heal immunity.

WhipiT: The one thing I have noticed in both PvP and Galactic Wars is that AI healers usually won't heal on their first turn even if someone on their team has taken damage, so you might have enough time to take out one enemy member before unloading all your stuns/ability blocks on one of their healers?

That's how I've been getting past 3 healer teams. My kill priority is usually Daka > Luminara > Consular > Barriss.

I leave Barriss last most of the time because she's ridiculously tanky and with 2 (or in your case 3) other healers it's very difficult to take her down before someone gets a heal off.

Sadly this isn't ALWAYS true. Just had an enemy AI consular heal on me on turn one after using multiple AoE's on the enemy team.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Asajj debuff enemy to heal skill is useless. Very few things it will even affect. I'm actually disappointed in her overall so far.

I'm disappointed in her too but I think she is bugged.

She does work well on getting rid of the aggro-magnet buff, which is useful given that nearly every team has a Chewie on it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • @WhipiT , I'm backsliding also. I've been part of other beta launches. I knew in advance this would happen with global release. It's one reason I didn't feel I was doing anything wrong to sideload this .apk back in September in the states.
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Valdorian wrote: »
    Slushie wrote: »

Sadly this isn't ALWAYS true. Just had an enemy AI consular heal on me on turn one after using multiple AoE's on the enemy team.

Yeah, I jinxed it. Right after I posted this I noticed the AI started to heal on first turns :(
  • Healers are dead now
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Healers are dead now
    Necro! We have a necro!
    @BentWookiee @ShaolinPunk @RJ__Brando
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Use boba fett and IG88 to inflict ability block on them
  • Old Daka must have resurrected this thread since she hasn't seen any action in a year...
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    zu39hkqfs1fk.gif
    Please do not necro
This discussion has been closed.