Strategy for Galactic War (Make weak characters useful)

HaloWars29
279 posts Member
edited January 2016
Not sure if this would help anybody else, but I ended up finding myself utilizing this tactic naturally.
If you are ever down to one enemy toon, and he/she happens to be a healer or tank, take advantage of this situation by cycling your healers heal special. You do so by retreating, swapping out your non-healers for extremely weak toons, and going back in. Usually your weak toons shouldn't do too much damage, so you can cycle through more turns before killing the enemy, this lets your healers get their heal more quickly, ready to be used for the next battle. I personally use this tactic to heal squad mates that have been severely injured. As soon as the enemy squad is down to one toon, which I make sure to be a healer or tank, I then back out, go in with healers with weak toons, cycle my heal ability, retreat once more, go back in with my injured toons and heal all of them to near full health. This works amazing with luminara since her attack speed is quick, so that last enemy toon will less likely pick off one of your weak characters at the start of the round.
Hopefully this helps others, cause I know how hard GW can be. Its a bit tedious to do, but it's an amazing strategy, and has pulled me out of some hard situations.

Replies

• Just pull everyone but your healer. Play till they recharge and then put everyone back in.
  • I always seem to run into the problem that when i cycle them back in, i never get to go first and they kill off my weakest toon at the start.
  • Just pull everyone but your healer. Play till they recharge and then put everyone back in.

You need 5 characters to start the battle, that's why you just replace non-healers with weak characters, cause they won't damage the last enemy to much, allowing him to live longer so your characters cycle through more turns.
  • HaloWars29 wrote: »
    Just pull everyone but your healer. Play till they recharge and then put everyone back in.

You need 5 characters to start the battle, that's why you just replace non-healers with weak characters, cause they won't damage the last enemy to much, allowing him to live longer so your characters cycle through more turns.

You get a warning but once you see it and go past it, you can put in less than 5 people for a GW battle if you so choose. The warning only pops up the first time you try to go in with less than 5.
  • I always seem to run into the problem that when i cycle them back in, i never get to go first and they kill off my weakest toon at the start.

Yeah, I occasionally have that problem too. There's a few ways to get around this. I like to use luminara because she's faster than most tanks and healers, so as soon as she has her healing ability, I retreat and bring my injured toons back in, she almost always goes first. Phasma also has a high attack speed and often times attacks first too, so if you have his increase turn ability, you can use it to speed up your other toons allowing them to go first before the last enemy makes a move. You can also try bringing a character with taunt, like chewy or han, and maybe get lucky that they have a first move so that they can distract, or stack this with Phasma's ability like I just mentioned. Try these tactics out, usually they work and it lets me get some heals in for toons that are at the brink of death.
  • Scoregasms wrote: »
    HaloWars29 wrote: »
    Just pull everyone but your healer. Play till they recharge and then put everyone back in.

You get a warning but once you see it and go past it, you can put in less than 5 people for a GW battle if you so choose. The warning only pops up the first time you try to go in with less than 5.

I never tried going again after receiving the message, so didn't really know you can just go in with one toon. Sorry for my ignorance. Thanks for letting me know. Might be better to go in with other weak ones though, they can distract and reduce damage on healers. It's good to bring in self healing characters aswell like Ahsoka, and for sure Talia.
  • Didn't read the entire thread, but low level cannon fodder toons can be sent in first round so enemy uses all their specials, to thn immediately Retreat and bring A Guys.

This is especially important as it has become a nightmare to win GW when the natch making pairs me five vattles in a row with a 7* enemy with VII-VIII gear, Unfarmable rock-stars and all level 6 abilities. Your weak toons are game defining. I usually bring 4, one tank is there just in case AoE kills entire scarecrow-team.

I find it now almist imposible to advance in Gw without doing massive retreating, tailor multi-turn strategies.
  • Didn't read the entire thread, but low level cannon fodder toons can be sent in first round so enemy uses all their specials, to thn immediately Retreat and bring A Guys.

This is especially important as it has become a nightmare to win GW when the natch making pairs me five vattles in a row with a 7* enemy with VII-VIII gear, Unfarmable rock-stars and all level 6 abilities. Your weak toons are game defining. I usually bring 4, one tank is there just in case AoE kills entire scarecrow-team.

I find it now almist imposible to advance in Gw without doing massive retreating, tailor multi-turn strategies.

That's quite a nice way to put slacking toons into good use.
    And I can relate, GW just becomes insanely hard at times, especially when you continue to face the Sidious+Dooku combo, its annoying. I do like the aspect of swapping in and out troops, makes the game even more strategic, it makes GW feel a bit more unique.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Didn't read the entire thread, but low level cannon fodder toons can be sent in first round so enemy uses all their specials, to thn immediately Retreat and bring A Guys.

I have started utilizing this myself. It has allowed every member of my A squad to make it all the way thru GW.
  • m0rality
    167 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I use my scrub toons in these fashions: hit squad to take down a healer or attacker in a level 7 team, Cannon fodder to soak up special attacks, and closeout when a scrub team did more damage than expected.