If you are going to include Clones with the Empire Event, Why Not Allow Chewie to be used too?

Prev1
Clone have nothing to do with the Empire. Nothing. So if you are going to be this restrictive as to characters, might as well allow CW Chewie to be used too. This will add another potential character to the list who EVERYONE has and open up the event more. Anyone else agree?

Replies

• HB0MBZ
    190 posts Member
    Options
    Same could be said with Boba and ig88.

Bottom line is I'd be happy with more characters.
  • Options
    HB0MBZ wrote: »

How on earth did you come to this conclusion?

• Options

The same way you decided that Chewie should get an invite.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Clone have nothing to do with the Empire. Nothing. So if you are going to be this restrictive as to characters, might as well allow CW Chewie to be used too. This will add another potential character to the list who EVERYONE has and open up the event more. Anyone else agree?

Clones have nothing to do with empire but everything to do with money grabbing and content for the few. since 2/4 clones are from chromium / aurodium. On the rebel side it is a bit better despite the few competitive toons that are not P2P. Removing Han that is a guild hopper exclusive, Leia that is chromium and wedge that is aurodium, options left are:

-Ackbar ( good leader, competitive )
    -Biggs.
    -Hoth Rebel Scout ( competitive )
    -Hoth Rebel Soldier ( really hard to get through 1 node )
    -Lando.
    -Lobot.
    -Luke ( reasonably good )
    -ST Han ( good but really need maxed up gear )
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    @DarthGozu in the Star Wars rebels show, some clones join up with the rebels against the empire
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    Rex
    Sarge
    Echo
    Fives
    Sthan
    Akbar
    Luke
    Wedge
    Lando
    Hrscout
    Hrsold
    Lobot
    Biggs
    Leia

Unless I'm missing anyone, 14 characters to choose from, more than half are available f2p. More than half are fairly common to see in the arena.
  • Options
    Predian wrote: »
    @DarthGozu in the Star Wars rebels show, some clones join up with the rebels against the empire

Well, if you are going to go by who is a rebel in Rebels, then Ahsoka should be able to participate, and maybe Maul?
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    Predian wrote: »

Well, if you are going to go by who is a rebel in Rebels, then Ahsoka should be able to participate, and maybe Maul?

Ahsoka is a good point though I suspect they make a second ahsoka for that time period.

Maul not so much. He didn't join the rebellion. He was in it for himself. Great episode by the way.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Yea, why not include ewoks, while your at it, Tuskens were attacked by Anakin, them too, Scoundrels were hired by the Empire they should be able, resistence were fighting the new Empire thats close enough, Luke and Ben were Jedi's lets get them in too.

Wookies? Nah.
    {RotE}
  • Options

Wrong. But thanks for playing. Back into your shell troll boy.
  • Options
    It's an event for the spenders and the f2p and dolphins may not make it. I expect I won't be able to myself but it's okay. Happens in every game, spenders get rewarded.
  • Options

The Chewbacca we have in game is 'Clone Wars Chewbacca.
    He has no interaction with the Empire.

As you can see above some clones fight against the Empire in the Rebels series, so they do have interaction with them.

So your argument for having Chewie available makes absolutely no sense.

Bye now, back into my shell.
  • Options

As you can see above some clones fight against the Empire in the Rebels series, so they do have interaction with them.

I marked some words in your post, so you would maybe realize what OP really meant, @cosmicturtle333 .
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options

I marked some words in your post, so you would maybe realize what OP really meant, @cosmicturtle333 .

Clone wars Chewbacca is Chewbacca from a certain Era.

A clone, like Fives can live for decades into another era. One where they do battle with the Empire.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben should be a Rebel. He was literally the rebellions only hope.
  • Options
    The clones from the end of the war became the first generation Stormtroopers of the Empire. Once the Empire was formed the stormtrooper ranks were opened up to other humans but there was some overlap.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    Options
    #wookielivesmatter
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Because he's a scoundrel. Next question?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    One question were the Stormtroopers from starwars 4 magically made or were they not the left over clones??? Did I miss something in starwars lore?? Yes I know about the accelerated aging FYI
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    From Episode IV onward they were volunteers and (mostly) conscripts.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Lando.
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    One question were the Stormtroopers from starwars 4 magically made or were they not the left over clones??? Did I miss something in starwars lore?? Yes I know about the accelerated aging FYI

I was under the impression they derived from clones, too.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Lando.

Scoundrel, Human, Attacker, Rebel. Next question?
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have nothing good with clones and rebels. I guess i wont do good for empire event
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I have nothing good with clones and resistance. I guess i wont do good for empire event

What'd be cool is if it were some sort of endurance event. Like, you just keep going as long as you can with one squad of Rebels/Clones and get a reward based on how many stages you clear.
  • Alugard
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Still had leftover clones though. They even talk about clone troopers in the new movie meaning (since it is canon) that the cloning process was still used. May not have been used as much but it was still used. Even though it is an assumption I think it is safe to assume they would still use clones in the empire.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The Storm Troopers in a New Hope weren't original clones at least.

With 20 years between they would be 100 by that time.

In Star Wars rebels at least some of the storm troopers are children are trained from a young age to be storm troopers.

Also as far as we know there was no second batch of clones created by Palpatine. So I'd argue no clones in the A New Hope storm trooper ranks.
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    The Storm Troopers in a New Hope weren't original clones at least.

With 20 years between they would be 100 by that time.

In Star Wars rebels at least some of the storm troopers are children are trained from a young age to be storm troopers.

Also as far as we know there was no second batch of clones created by Palpatine. So I'd argue no clones in the A New Hope storm trooper ranks.

But there were Stormtroopers before ANH. They probably came into being shortly after Episode 3 in fact. So there were, without any doubt, come Stormtroopers.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options

The clones were the good guys. They fought with Jedi. They were basically brain washed to kill the Jedi by palpatine. And some did later join the Rebels (Rex).
  • Options
    Basically every Jedi from clone wars should be available.