Scaling of events (WRT Gear)

Randall
1001 posts Member
T7 of the droid and now this upcoming Empire event.

I would really like to complete it but you set the difficulty bar so high its not worth even trying. I should be able to put 5 rebels/clones to level 80 and 6/7* in 5 days, however max gear? You put the gear behind such a huge gate and now require max gear for events!? What is wrong with you people.

I am a ~FTP player who started release day and has been in the top 20 (including many #1) on my sever since January. I have completed GW every day since 10 December. I precrated 7 flashlights and 2 sewer plates.

I never cared for droids but still managed to get IG-86 and IG-88 to 7* and HK-47 to 4* (for the last droids event) and got enough random IG-100 shards to unlock him. I have put enough resources into 86, 88, and 47 to get them to level 70 and gear 8, however that is useless for T7 of the event.

Now my real problem is I want to complete the upcoming empire event, I have 7* STH, Biggs, AA, and Fives, I can get HRS to 6*. So the stars arent really the issue, the issue is how the am I supposed to get max gear when I haven't even been able to get my arena team max gear in 2 months when I precrated 9 items? I have spent all my guild currency on furnaces and got my second one last night and you want me to get what 8 more in 5 days?

TL:DR
How can you create events aimed at a full team of max gear level after you put in a huge gate?