Whales deserve respect and advantages.

Carranza310
51 posts Member
edited May 2016
I'm not a whale but whales deserve to have OP toon. In fact, they are the only ones that deserve yoda and sidious but many non-whales complain too much!
Look at the real world! Real spenders get more special objects and special food.
No spenders will die due to lack of food and shelter. They are basically scavengers, relative to the game. I'm scavenging to find opportunies in the game. Thank God there is many options already and more to come. Be patient and scavenge (or just die, meaning just stop complaining and leave the game).

Replies

• Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    Options
    In fact, they are the only ones that deserve yoda and sidious but many non-whites complain too much!
    Look at the real world! Real spenders get more special objects and special food.
    No spenders will die due to lack of food and shelter.

**** just got real.

Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    Harmonica wrote: »
    In fact, they are the only ones that deserve yoda and sidious but many non-whites complain too much!

**** just got real.

I'm pretty sure he meant "non-whales". He even went back and edited it to that. Was still kinda funny for a brief moment tho, lol.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options

**** just got real.

LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jajajajajajajajjajajajaj
  • Options
    Yeah sorry. I meant non-whales. My auto-correct made a mistake at first
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    A bit of a severe analogy, but yes. I'm all for people who spend the money to get what they pay for. It's simple logic for me. If I spend X amount and the guy next to me spends 0, then how in the heck do you reason 0 guy should have the same?

If I could be a whale, I'd be in the deep sea immediately.
  • Options
    @Harmonica I'm sorry if I might of offended you at first
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I agree. Big spenders are the reason why others can play this game without ever spending a dime. And they deserve in game advantage over non-spenders. More than they actually get, in my opinion.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Woah I come to these forums to get away from real life problems!!!
    That said yes whales deserve to have an advantage but no they don't deserve our respect.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Big spenders are the reason I cannot pay a reasonable amount of money to play a game like this on a level playing field. They are a negative for people who want to spend in the sub $100 range.
  • Options
    #Entitlement
  • Options
    And who should the whales OP without a good bunch of f2p'ers?
    I'm grateful for this game and everyone who makes it possible, small spenders, big spenders, even the devs :-P
    But without the army of f2p players, the Cetacean Overlords would be alone. They wouldn't be Overlords anymore. Overlords need subjects.
    I'm not a whale but whales deserve to have OP toon.
    I'm sure a lot of whales don't agree. They just wish to cut down on the time needed to get there. Only weak people (cheaters and such) like to play a game that they are certain to win each and every time. I mean, do you like to take five 7-stars to Light Side Battle 1A and beat those poor clone troopers to the other side of the galaxy?
    And why are these objects special? Because a lot of people can't afford them. Without these people, the special objects lose most of their value.
    Whales have the advantage, sure. But the effort they put in their toons is no more or less important than the effort you put into yours. It's a different kind of effort, that's all. Do you therefore deserve to have no opportunities for strong toons?
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    Big spenders are the reason I cannot pay a reasonable amount of money to play a game like this on a level playing field. They are a negative for people who want to spend in the sub $100 range.

So true. Big spenders have caused inflated value of items.
  • Options
    I think EA found a good balance concerning whales, they are still spending money - big time, even without giving them OP toons. Although IMO, Leia could be considered an near-OP-toon...
    What I think they should be revisiting is the place of the sub 100$ spenders... this week the game fell from 8 to 20 in the app store profitable billboard, I think that most people who would have spent lots of money on this game already has, now they should appeal to another paying demographic, the aforementioned sub 100$. Odly enough, I find myself in that category, i used to buy crystal booster pack (21 day version), but I've come to realize it doesn't give me much of an advantage, so I stopped buying it.
    EA should, regardless of my own desire to advantage myself, look into that forgotten demographic. I think they would find much more money in a lot of loyal small and medium spenders then in few really big whales.
    IsThisThom
    "Consider that a divorce"
    - Douglas Quaid
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not a whale but whales deserve to have OP toon. In fact, they are the only ones that deserve yoda and sidious but many non-whales complain too much!
    No spenders will die due to lack of food and shelter. They are basically scavengers, relative to the game. I'm scavenging to find opportunies in the game. Thank God there is many options already and more to come. Be patient and scavenge (or just die, meaning just stop complaining and leave the game).

What happened to playing a game for fun? Is that notion gone or does your vocabulary need improving?
  • Options
    Whales are free to spend their money how they want just like I'm free to look down on them for lining EA's dirty pockets
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    Hear, hear, save the whales!
  • Options
    hhooo wrote: »

^This exactly.

People act as though there wasn't a time when one would buy a game, get ALL of the content contained within for the initial purchase price, and every player was generally happy and on an even playing field, competitively. Freemium modeled games take the most advantage of players and non-competitive P2W consumer's; making the free side feel like they are getting charity, and the P2W side feel like they are at an advantage. However, when you step back and look at it from the business perspective, both sides are getting PLAYED by the psychological profile used to target certain players.

P2W consumer's are non-competitive players who actually do more harm to the gaming community than they help. As someone else said, they drive up prices of what would normally be included, or reasonably priced; because they are willing to pay $1000+ for a pack(s) of sub-content that isn't worth that much in the first place.

At the end of the day, it's everyone's choice to play, regardless of status. The only respect worthy of being given though, is that of being a fellow human-being.

(A side example, feel free to skip this part)
    If anyone has ever played World of Warcraft, the same thing happened over the years; players illegally (per ToS) purchased massive amounts of currency from outside of the game; then they started to spend higher amounts of the in-game money on lower level/quality items. The sellers saw they could charge significantly more, and they continued to do so. By the end, level 10 basic items that a new player would naturally be able to afford through their leveling process, was now FAR out of reach, because the "VALUE" of the items were deemed to be 10x - 20x more than they should, because players with abundant currency continued paying the ridiculous asking prices, versus refusing, and allowing the market to balance itself around what the average consumer could actually afford. This of course caused the developers to have to increase the amount of money players could make naturally through questing and missions, just so everyone could keep up; but overall the prices continued to get higher and higher. SOUNDS ODDLY FAMILIAR TO REAL LIFE, EH?
  • Options
    IsThisThom wrote: »
    I think EA found a good balance concerning whales, they are still spending money - big time, even without giving them OP toons. Although IMO, Leia could be considered an near-OP-toon...
    What I think they should be revisiting is the place of the sub 100$ spenders... this week the game fell from 8 to 20 in the app store profitable billboard, I think that most people who would have spent lots of money on this game already has, now they should appeal to another paying demographic, the aforementioned sub 100$. Odly enough, I find myself in that category, i used to buy crystal booster pack (21 day version), but I've come to realize it doesn't give me much of an advantage, so I stopped buying it.
    EA should, regardless of my own desire to advantage myself, look into that forgotten demographic. I think they would find much more money in a lot of loyal small and medium spenders then in few really big whales.

I'm certain they will work their way down the line as each tier begins to fade.
  • Options
    Respect? Why. They aren't paying money to charitable, or to keep the game going for low spenders. They're paying for an advantage that will allow them to beat everyone else down.

They paid for a shortcut to the top. If someone else takes the long road a knocks them off more power to them. They don't deserve an endless advantage because they pay more money.
  • Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Respect? Why. They aren't paying money to charitable, or to keep the game going for low spenders. They're paying for an advantage that will allow them to beat everyone else down.

They paid for a shortcut to the top. If someone else takes the long road a knocks them off more power to them. They don't deserve an endless advantage because they pay more money.

/thread
  • Options

**** just got real.

Roflmaopmp!! Funniest thing I've ever ever ever read on this forum!
  • Options
    I'm not a whale but....

Stopped reading right there. If your opening line is a statement denying you're the very thing you're defending...you're one.

But well paid whale, well paid.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    @JinSaotome dude I'm **** 17! I don't have a job, I can't get paid, my parents are Latinos, my mom is a maid, I have three siblings. I can't possibly get money! I was a runaway kid and lived in poverty! I'm not a whale! I'm like **** Nemo, a runaway that is happy to be found by his dad again
  • Options
    I think the biggest problem is the cost of things in this game. Why on earth would I spend $50 on a pack that includes a couple of characters who aren't even maxed out? I could buy a a complete triple A game for PS4/Xbox1/Computer for almost the same price. Why would I buy 3 characters, who aren't even maxed (and one might be kind of crappy), when there are nearly a 100 other characters and I still have to gear them and get their rank up?

Those packs aren't worth more than a few bucks imo. The Princess and Padawan Bundle they are currently selling for $29.99? That's worth MAYBE $5-10, max. You get Princess Lei (great character) and Ahsoka (not that valuable) at 2 star, level 1, with no gear. It's going to take weeks or months of grinding to get either of them maxed out and gear level 9+. IF EA actually priced these things reasonable I think they would get a lot more business. At the very least create bundles that let you pick the characters you want? The only way I could feasibly see paying $50 for a character pack is it it came with 5m credits, 3 characters of my choosing that were max level, 7*, and gear rank 7, and a few thousand shards.