Best Way to get Purple Gear from Nodes

Eleazusthebold
58 posts Member
edited May 2016
So Ive been experimenting with different ways to get gear with a variety of different nodes (hard and normal) and I have come to a pretty simple conclusion. Drop rate for the pieces you are looking for are all the same, but if you are looking for gear from a node that drops only two pieces versus three pieces, always do the one that only drops two pieces. I always have better drop rate from that one. Im not saying to do the hard nodes because that would a waste of energy even if it only drops two (which probably would never be the case, as shards also drop on hard nodes, which is another reward). Try to farm only nodes with 7 rewards versus 8 or 10 (this is including xp and credits). It seems the more rewards that drop, the less chance you have of getting the piece you want.

All the confusion about drop rate is because each piece has percent drop rate and all the percentages compete and you will only get x number of rewards. This is my understanding.

Replies

• WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Data to back up your wild claims which are seemingly founded on anecdotal evidence?
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I find the best method is to just click sim until I see 50/50 collected
  • Kinnick
    83 posts Member
    C3POwn wrote: »

Ha, what a noob. Everyone knows the drop rate is lower if you got the node, via the 'find' function on the gear piece in question.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kinnick wrote: »

Ha, what a noob. Everyone knows the drop rate is lower if you got the node, via the 'find' function on the gear piece in question.

funny stuf, eventhough i know this is complete nonsense, i am still going to farm gear without the "find" function.
    thank you very much for that ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Eleazusthebold
    58 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yea only my story, but who are you gonna believe me or your wild theories concerning RNG. Pretty sure I aced this course. Dont forget to pray. #rnjesus
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Best way to get purple gear would be to sacrifice your first born to RNGesus
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Mylion
    62 posts Member
    Well i call 1800-cleo before i sim any node to see what the cards say. Has worked every time
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »

if you dont have a firstborn, goats work well...
  • Best way. Save your crystals from refreshes and buy from the shop. Drop rates are horrible.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • C3POwn wrote: »

+1 this made me laugh
  • Kinnick wrote: »

You definitely have that backwards... but that's just most people's experience... I could be wrong, it's all rng after all
  • tRRRey wrote: »

I find these days offering generations of first born is the way to go... just 1 kid?... so 6 months ago
  • Slightly unrelated but along the same conspiracy lines, I fully believe there's a system on place to reduce the amount of drops for shards or gear you're buying from shipments, guild or fleet as well after youve bought it continuously.
    Example, haven't seen Slave 1 in a month now and it used to pop up at least 3 or 4 times a week
  • Best way to farm gear? Expect to be disappointed.