It's pretty obvious why Jedi Synergy is so 'terrible'.

Prev1
InternetSwag
2658 posts Member
edited May 2016
Because it'd be a balancing nightmare.
Think about it, how many Jedi do they still have to release? A lot.
Luke, Rey are basically confirmed.
A lot of others will still come;
  • General Kenobi
  • Adi Gallia
  • Shaak Ti
  • Kenaan and Ezra
  • Rebels Ahsoka
Then you have generic Jedi they might add like the Jedi Temple Guardians currently in game.
jedi-guard.jpg

A whole list of jedi they could add, but probably won't;
pong-krell.jpg
  • Pong Krell
  • Revan
  • Starkiller
  • Quinlan Vos (eh maybe)
  • Anyone else missing.

Obviously these Jedi will need powerful abilities or some form of leader abilities. You make even one of them overpowered or synergize too well and suddenly all current Jedi could become OP or a nightmare to balance properly.

Ewoks are easy to balance, there's 4 of them. There are how many Jedi in this game? Yeah.

So that's why Jedi synergy is so bad and why we aren't getting Rex/Echo/Fives level synergy.
That being said, so many anti jedi toons are in this game that it's nonsense atm. In the future perhaps these anti Jedi toons will be justified, but currently - nah.
| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I actually think folks undervalue Jedi synergies.
    Aayla and Kit are key synergy links, and this is why they are pack-only IMO.
    Counter attack strategy? You will want both. Multi/assist strategy? Same deal.
    Highest damage? Good HP? If you are talking Jedi, these are still on your 5.
    Potency? Kit can. Tenacity? Yup they got that too.

QGJ can call Aayla to assist, who calls Kit to assist, who gets a bonus attack. Thats nifty synergy.

IGD can lead and let the whole team counter an AoE with bonus damage, and Kit and Aayla can get bonuses again.

Kits Potency Up buff can make TM reduction from Yoda, QGJ, and Old Ben more effective, as well as the EK stun, Lumi Block, Mace Expose, Ani Buff/Heal block, Plo Dispel...

You can configure a hoser team of all Jedi to nearly any other team, that is the synergy.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah the synergy seems bad because you basically need ima gun di and two chromium guys to make it work. But those three together are great.

Also, I don't think too much of Jedi as a 'faction.' They more commonly fought with other armies, only one or two Jedi at each battle site. More Jedi should have clone/rebel synergies instead.
  • Options
    So with two new characters being released can we get Aayla removed from chromium?
    It will benefit my f2p synergy.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    +1000 to the OP, as long as discussion going to bring jedi great again
    the cake is a lie
  • Daeghaa
    95 posts Member
    Options
    Because it'd be a balancing nightmare.

[*] Anyone else missing.

Try 100 more...

But I agree with your post. There shouldn't be anything more powerful than a Jedi strike team, like Bastilla Shan's strike team that captured Revan. Anyhow, there's a lot of characters they can still add to the game, but what astonishes me is the inability to add relevant ones when they have a vast repertory to choose from.
  • Options
    Luke and Rey are far from confirmed IMHO.

Rey is not even a Jedi yet, canonically, and we've seen Jedi (Master) Luke for a whole ten seconds.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ki Adi Mundi

Leader: All Jedi allies gain x Turn Meter and Advantage at the start if the turn.

glrC6qd.gif

Shaak Ti

Leader: Whenever a Jedi ally attacks , there is a x % chance that another Jedi will assist.
    (Omega Level - There is a x % chance per other Jedi Ally to assist. )
    tumblr_nfu62xzYp61u47lcno2_r1_500.gif

Holy Jedi-Teams Batman!
    Post edited by Darthenstein on
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    Options
    That'll be crazy in a good way if they add more Jedi. Each Jedi could specialize in one thing, or be proficient in a variety of things. Imagine the teams you could make with just Jedi.
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    MrJx3 wrote: »
    That'll be crazy in a good way if they add more Jedi. Each Jedi could specialize in one thing, or be proficient in a variety of things. Imagine the teams you could make with just Jedi.

I've always thought of Ima Gun Di as the counterattacking Jedi, Qui Gon as the Buff-removal Jedi and Kit as the multi-attacking Jedi.

• Options
    Ki Adi Mundi

Leader: All Jedi allies gain x Turn Meter and Advantage at the start if the turn.

Shaak Ti

Leader: Whenever a Jedi ally attacks , there is a x % chance that another Jedi will assist.
    (Omega Level - There is a x % chance per other Jedi Ally to assist. )

Holy Jedi-Teams Batman!

You Called?
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    108720.jpg

shaak_ti_light_up_saber_by_marknewman-d6izhb7.jpg

• Options
    I highly doubt they would use that costume ^
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Well the jedi order did get wiped from existance (more or less) by some babys (yes babys, clones are "born" fully grown so they dont have the 1st 20yrs of life xp, so literally there babys, heavily armed and tactically trained babys) and a handful of force users.

Go on let your hatred for my comment flow!
  • Options
    I highly doubt they would use that costume ^

4e93a13f-607b-4b06-bf85-e76725a06638.gif
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    MrJx3 wrote: »
    Imagine the teams you could make with just Jedi.

Fabulous Ki Adi Mundi and Confused Kit Fisto agrees with this sentiment.
    glrC6qd.gif
  • NinjaMime
    67 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Interesting post! You got me thinking about something..

What if Jedi and other characters had synergy within the realm of reason with normal squads. I believe that is the usual directon almost every Star Wars character list had ever went. Check out the trend.

-Jedi, bounty hunter, scoundrel, rebel, padawan, droid.

The same could be said for the Dark Side.

-Sith, sith apprentice, storm trooper, droid, bounty hunter, scoundrel.

I know I didn't cover everything but do you see where I'm going? They don't have armies of only one kind it's a variety. Maybe in order to capture this reoccurring theme we need team synergy which isn't only faction based.

For example, the leader position will have more abilities such as Old Ben

Masterful Negotiations
    c854a991af9971bd55380fc632442450.jpg

-scoundrels give old Ben 25% turn meter at the start of each of their first turns only. (The dude visits cantinas and hires scoundrels for information or escaping a planet because he knows how to manipulate people and come out on top.)

Its a solution to the lack of characters for now and to promote their synergy with each other. To me that is what Star Wars is about. The Force connects all characters and their ability to work together or individually, much why sith abilities should be selfish in nature.

TLDR In order for the game to balance or improve leader abilities should accommodate more squad varieties.
  • chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    Options
    Orrrrrr maybe just fix the multitude of worthless Jedi that they already have? Can I get an amen Eeth Koth, Jedi Knight Guardian, Plo Koon and Anakin? And let's face it, Bariss and JC aren't usable in high ranked arena teams either. And JC is becoming weaker and weaker by the day in gw.
  • Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    Orrrrrr maybe just fix the multitude of worthless Jedi that they already have?

Could you go into a bit more detail on that please?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you played the Roleplaying game by Wizards of the Coast, there were lots of different specializations in the Jedi order. There could yet be a lot of synergies to come.

HOWEVER...

I know they don't do as well in Arena right now, but I beat the game (Everything besides Arena & Dark Side) entirely with Jedi squads. I can run GW still with an all Jedi team and beat it every time. So, I don't know that I agree that synergies are 'terrible.' Omega those warriors and watch the sabers fly!

**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    Orrrrrr maybe just fix the multitude of worthless Jedi that they already have? Can I get an amen Eeth Koth, Jedi Knight Guardian, Plo Koon and Anakin? And let's face it, Bariss and JC aren't usable in high ranked arena teams either. And JC is becoming weaker and weaker by the day in gw.

But... Plo Koon is pretty good
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I played for a good time with an all jedi team at arena. But couldn't pass rank #6, without some buff it's too hard.

Ima-gun di as leader is needed and if possible Aayla, then she will counter every attack, with luck u get a stun very often.

I still don't have yoda at 7*, maybe he would give some nice buff.
    I just think for all jedis, the basic attack should be a more powerful!!

arena_6_jedi_team.jpg

As u can see, when get attacked by AeO it's pretty good counter, so jedi sinergy is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jew5EAYTbi8

Post edited by SpeedRacer on
  • Options
    Simple change by giving extra group ie: tano NS, anakin Empire or sith, plo koon clone trooper, old bernie rebel and so on.
    the cake is a lie
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    @SpeedRacer Haha thanks for sharing that replay! Love counterattack.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Why do people say Ahsoka is not already rebels? She looks like rebels, not clone wars and uses two blades.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The dark side will always win because good is dumb.

There is an Anti-Jedi tag (8, by far the most anti-tags in-game), but there is no anti-Sith tag.

Kill smarter, not harder.

• wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    saboater wrote: »
    Why do people say Ahsoka is not already rebels? She looks like rebels, not clone wars and uses two blades.

She's using her green and yellowish ones from CW, not the white ones from Rebels.
  • Matt_Cain_603
    42 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Necro ALERT!!! I love this post, its ME a gamer from 3 years in the future come back in time! Wow the logic of CG . . . Turns out the Luke you're waiting for is COMMANDER Luke (Not Jedi Luke,) and while he is awesome and wields a lightsaber as his only weapon, um, NO JEDI TAG. And Rey, her name is Rey (JEDI Training) and . . . . wait for it . . . NO JEDI TAG! *Quotes ANH Vader as Han blindside attacks* "WHAAAAATT!? " Jedi do get their break and go META 2 more times as of July '19. Thanks for reading. Lol.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    this is a great necro lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    108720.jpg

shaak_ti_light_up_saber_by_marknewman-d6izhb7.jpg

Seriously why didn't we get this version of Shaak Ti though. I never knew she was hot.