The No-Heal Galactic War Challenge. Have you tried it?

Prev1
I made it all the way to the last battle and exhausted my last toon with four enemies left. I hadn't last a gw in months. Have any of you made it all the way through gw without using a group heal?
I am Darth Spartacus

Replies

• DJJ
    367 posts Member
    No, because I want to finish it.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    AF7yw8s.jpg
    {RotE}
  • I was just thinking "how can gw take longer?".
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    It sounds like the "my highest squad power is under 37k" challenge.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    It sounds like the "my highest squad power is under 32k" challenge.

Fixed. Lol
  • Lando could make it all the way if you get the timing on his AoE right. But then again, that's Health Steal, so kinda cheating.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • It sounds like the "my highest squad power is under 37k" challenge.

Well, it demands a deep and balanced roster. Some people focus on that. Others focus on their A and B teams only. If you can't make it that's OK. Nobody will judge you.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Lando could make it all the way if you get the timing on his AoE right. But then again, that's Health Steal, so kinda cheating.

I dont think health steal is cheating. I did minimize usage of Ventress' AOE but I did use it cuz it only healed her.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • OmerAsik
    49 posts Member
    I actually did this yesterday! I think what made it actually special was that i only used 5 toons and rey and phasma still had protection at the end!

It's not much of an accomplishment though because my arena power is only 28k, and my GW is usually a breeze. ALso RNGesus was on my side.

I definitely could not do this if I was higher level, so that kinda takes away from my personal achievement. still kinda cool though
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    Why bother?
  • Chico wrote: »
    Why bother?

Why do people climb Everest? To see if they can do it.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    Chico wrote: »
    Why bother?

Why do people climb Everest? To see if they can do it.

Whatever floats your boat
  • I never tried no heal but I have done 3x no casualties, no substitutions, no retreats.
  • I've barely tried with a healer since the protection update. I'm using dps + stun to make the protection last as long as possible. The later nodes I usually do with my rebel team!
    Not the highest but my arena squad power is 36k so I guess GW could be worse (but not a lot lol).
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Take a droid team and **** the first 6-9 nodes lol
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    This is crazy talk

But... Does Barriss count, if she only uses her basic and leadership? Cuz thats kinda group heals but kinda not.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Timitock wrote: »
    This is crazy talk

But... Does Barriss count, if she only uses her basic and leadership? Cuz thats kinda group heals but kinda not.

I can only assume he means direct healing. Otherwise health steal would also violate.
    {RotE}
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    LaLiam wrote: »
    This is crazy talk

I can only assume he means direct healing. Otherwise health steal would also violate.

So Ahsoka's Special counts, or not?

Chief Chirpa's buff special?

What if I steal a Heal over Time with Masterstroke, then pass it around with Battle Meditation?
  • Timitock wrote: »
    LaLiam wrote: »
    This is crazy talk

So Ahsoka's Special counts, or not?

Chief Chirpa's buff special?

What if I steal a Heal over Time with Masterstroke, then pass it around with Battle Meditation?

Passive heals and stealing hots don't count. Only direct group heals.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Madhady
    10 posts Member
    Add an achievement with Vader shards and i will try it.
  • Madhady wrote: »
    Add an achievement with Vader shards and i will try it.

Sorry. If they add an achievement it'll be for CUP shards.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • My regular team comes close to doing this on a good day. I run Qui Gon, Yoda, Rey, RG, and Daka. If I get lucky with my foresights and stuns I can compleat whole nodes without taking any damage.
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Does "health equalizing" count?
  • DJJ wrote: »
    Does "health equalizing" count?

Lol. Yes it counts.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Oobydoob
    229 posts Member
    Actually got through 11 nodes with droids and Poggle this morning. PvP team for the last. With TM carrying over now droids are easily the most powerful GW team.
  • I did it once with bariss lead without healing but it was before i hit 35k arena power. I don't know if that counts.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    I'll try that challenge right after I finish the "smash your own thumb with a hammer" challenge
  • Am currently level 80 at over 35k power and I regularly finish without a group heal or healer. Starting team is Phasma(L), Rey, RG, Fives and a fifth slot that rotates between Dooku, Geo and QGJ. I run into level 80 arena class teams halfway through and have managed to finish every day.

"No heal" honestly isn't that much of a challenge at a certain point either because of the depth of one's roster or the ability of a team to excel at control, which my GW main team does quite well in my experience. Other players that make judicious use of Yoda or Daka, or Ewoks, will probably report similar results.

Now, one team getting all the way through without healing or substitution - that would be a challenge, and likely not feasible with the full gear level 80 waves.
  • Hangfire wrote: »
    I'll try that challenge right after I finish the "smash your own thumb with a hammer" challenge
    This event has been replaced with "trim toe nails with electric grinder" with half as many rewards.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    I'll get right on that once I've finished the "battle gear 10/11 pre-crafters and whales with chromium exclusive toons when you only have gear 9 characters" and the "get enough credits to actually level up a B and C team all the way" challenges.

I am more interested in the "slit your own throat with a butterknife" challenge though, as it seems quicker and funnier.

Though the hottest challenge around at the moment is the "catch up with guild hoppers before they remove guild hopping or you'll end up left in the dust because you're not willing to sacrifice 1/3 of your time to plan this kind of unnecessary and unintented boring strategy".

Whoops, I slipped again. Silly me, always coming back to the least important aspect of the game!