Kryptonite Dooku!

CronozNL
2869 posts Member
edited January 2016
Rarely start a topic myself but I really feel he needs some love after all the hate posts out there.
It's heading the same way as a certain healer once went.. Topics are being made at a crazy rate all of the sudden.
Anyway as annoying as dooku might seem, he rarely kills off any of my toons. I have to admit I cut back on the Jedi part which seems to work. Currently using phasma, sid, lumi, assaj, talia (sometimes bariss). The complaints are mainly concerning GW table in which you can lessen your jedi's to 1 for that round.

As awesome as dooku is (having him myself also, just not using him), he falls off in the long run. It's exciting to see where the new patch will take us, therefore nerfing any char seems pointless to do (now, prepatch).
I'm sure that a 3 or 4 star dooku will get wrecked when people gearing other toons to 70.

Have patience people and sometimes take the loss as it comes. Increase the leia are broken posts because broken toons prioritize have-to-nerf toons :)

Insert snappy remarks under the line hehe

439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting

Replies

• PuttinInWork
    81 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    He's annoying if you can't kill him in a few turns. I usually focus on him first and it takes 2-3 hits max to kill him. I never understood the hate. If people are dumb enough to leave him last, then you should fear him.

You are correct that as you level in the game he will become useless due to his low damage and health
    https://youtube.com/user/MurdaDeadpool/videos Subscribe and follow me here teaminstinct.net/ Home to Team Instinct
  • im sure if you buff dookus star level, he'll remain a viable threat later in the game
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    So will Sid, Lumi, Leia, FotP, Kylo Ren, Darth Maul, Qui Gon Jin, Phasma, DV, Lando, Boba, Poe, Rey, HK etc etc. Point is you can only take 5 toons ;)
    Also same as bariss, people that bought Dooku and not much else will use it for a longer period. Now asohka and assaj were never mentioned because they were broken or underwhelming. Assaj and asohka both got a recent big buff. Not to mention assaj her dispell still needs work. A limited roster means more Dooku as the majority of players are low spenders and obviously bought dooku according to the many times we encounter him. Same for Bariss. We have toons that 1 shot other toons but a full health heal every 4 turns is not done?

Now bariss equalizes (not much gained there nr wise) and heals for 1k...

Experience, time and progress is what makes you realise this and every time I see a topic from an OP with 1 post, I know it's a rant or incorrect knowledge most of the time.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Especially since dooku is also being used at low level to stall the arena timer. It works there but with max gear at max level I either win in 2 to 3 mins or lose in the same timespan. Thus dooku arguements that he stalls timers are also irrelevant.
    Perfect solution is to scale him differently, meaning weaker at lower level but the same at max level as where he is now. Considering a big part of this game is RNG and it does seem AI has a slight favor there, Dooku automatically stands out. It's ridiculous to see 500 dooku posts i.e. to 10 leia posts (exaggerated prolly but you get my point).
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I can't wait to use Dooku at 60+ :) he picks up some nice skill upgrades post 60 and it's likely he'll reach gear IX while most will be stuck at VIII. 50% double attack chance and 25% chance to gain 45% attack bar, and a whole gear level advantage yum yum.
  • I've never understood the Dooku threads personally. He's good in certain comps, and atrocious in others. The highest I've come across was 5* gear 7 in GW and I just wait for my hero's to get Phasma buffed and 1 hit KO him. That said, I often don't run Jedi in my teams just because there are too many counters to them, and my Ewok Elder can clear debuff making duku stun a lot less scary.
  • I can't wait to use Dooku at 60+ :) he picks up some nice skill upgrades post 60 and it's likely he'll reach gear IX while most will be stuck at VIII. 50% double attack chance and 25% chance to gain 45% attack bar, and a whole gear level advantage yum yum.

Hehe yeah indeed. Fair chance since his upgrade to gear VIII will be at level 62.
    Dont forget the 15% Evasion for the WHOLE squad ( + Offense Up on evade ) when he is leader!
    Interesting to see how he's gonna evolve.
  • If you hit dooku in your first 3 attacks that is potentially 4k counter damage to 2 of your players plus dooku will normally go first or second anyway unless you stun him with a faster character, impossible unless you are using another dooku yourself or a speed buffed daka. So he will also likely get a further 2 attacks in on your team due to each attacks he makes outside his turn buffing his turn meter. That's up to 8k damage in the first round of attacking. He is fantastic.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Do note that likely is still 40% so unlikely he will bonus hit. Just went up against a dooku which countered 3x without bonus hit. It can work both ways.
  • I never even bother to attack him. He's powerful and his stun is a pain. But overpowered defiantly not. Save his death until right before I kill Chewie or another tank to recharge my specials.

Main thing is to not let your low health players hit him. Let them target someone else until health comes. I use him on 3 teams though, and like his counter to AoE attacks, it seems fair. Since you can't level him up fast, he is a fair toon to keep as he is. I think the main thing with GW is if there is a critical leader on the team he is a brute with the AI. So drop the leader and retreat, but that's my strategy all the time. Then it's easy sailing. I bought him, so nerfing would be a bummer for me.