Cpt.Phasma/POE for $5

Prev1
Benitoed
20 posts Member
edited January 2016
Dear @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse,

I know Poe/Phasma has been given out for free last month but the freebie has expired. New players (like 2 of my friends who just joined) cannot get it anymore. They are fans of Force Awakens. Can you consider selling Cpt.Phasma/POE for a low price of about $5 to us??

Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Phasma and Poe are both farmable. Poe via Cantina tokens and Phasma via GW.

Poe is a bit of a long haul but is effective even at 4*.
  • Benitoed
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

We are all low levels. Please don't assume your farming technique applies to all. You are basically asking new players to wait a few weeks or months so they can earn a character that was free to all players last month. We are not asking for freebies. We want an option.
  • Options
    Benitoed wrote: »

We are all low levels. Please don't assume your farming technique applies to all.

As long as you continue playing, you'll have the same opportunity to farm them as everyone else.
  • Benitoed
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    pay2win wrote: »

As long as you continue playing, you'll have the same opportunity to farm them as everyone else.

I know. But, it will takes several weeks if not months. We can only access Gaclatic Wars at level 40 plus I don't think we can get 1200 crystals a day like you guys. Do you like if if you were one of us?
  • kin
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Patience, my friend.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    We were all 'one of us' at one point. I didn't complain that I wanted a free character at that level. I just dealt with the team I had, and moved them up through the levels and abilities.

You don't need POE to magically make your team better (or phasma). Just play and have fun.
  • Options

I know. But, it will takes several weeks if not months. We can only access Gaclatic Wars at level 40 plus I don't think we can get 1200 crystals a day like you guys. Do you like if if you were one of us?

This game is just over a month old. Most people were in your spot just a couple weeks ago.
  • Options

This game is just over a month old. Most people were in your spot just a couple weeks ago.

Yup. People like me.
  • Options

When I started GW I basically had a canned out-of-the-box team of JC/Wookie/Talia/Jawa plus Dooku and some more scrubs. I already have a 7* Lumi a few weeks later. So we're not exactly talking months here and aside from Dooku I don't put money into this game.

Farmable characters are characters you can get relatively easily if you're a FTP. Poe is a pain as you only get ~5 shards a day every other day but that just means about a week or two to unlock. And Cantina shards are available very early in the game. Phasma will be easier as he'll only take a couple week to star up after you start playing GW.

'Buying' these guys doesn't get you much if you can't farm them. A 3* Poe is pretty worthless as he doesn't have enough HP to handle a full round of attacks. Phasma isn't much better low-star as she can get focused out before firing even one buff/debuff but at least her leadership skill works after she's dead.

So these guys are all farmable. You just need to play the game a couple weeks before you get the chance.
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Dear @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse,

I know Poe/Phasma has been given out for free last month but the freebie has expired. New players (like 2 of my friends who just joined) cannot get it anymore. They are fans of Force Awakens. Can you consider selling Cpt.Phasma/POE for a low price of about $5 to us??

Thanks!

I'd buy Poe for 5$, I've probably spent about 1500 crystals in cantina refreshes to get him lol
  • Options

Maybe at lower levels but Poe is hardly effective at higher levels unless he gets purple gear. He can't handle his taunts.

• TK421
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Additionally if they put one/both characters up for sale it will just complicate the game for new players further. Sure new players will get new 3* character(s), but old players will buy the pack too, and that means 26 (I think) shards for characters they already have. That is enough to get my Poe to 5* and my Phasma to 6*. I guarantee that a ton of people buy the pack, aimed at starting players, to shorten the time spent farming. Especially if they do it for as low as $5. Which comes back to bite new players in the @$$ later when they have to face all those inflated characters in GW or pvp.
  • Options
    TK421 wrote: »
    Additionally if they put one/both characters up for sale it will just complicate the game for new players further. Sure new players will get new 3* character(s), but old players will buy the pack too, and that means 26 (I think) shards for characters they already have. That is enough to get my Poe to 5* and my Phasma to 6*. I guarantee that a ton of people buy the pack, aimed at starting players, to shorten the time spent farming. Especially if they do it for as low as $5. Which comes back to bite new players in the @$$ later when they have to face all those inflated characters in GW or pvp.

It won't be inflated if people choose not to focus on them. You are thinking too much.
  • Options
    TK421 wrote: »

It won't be inflated if people choose not to focus on them. You are thinking too much.

Dooku
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options

we all started from Level 1. Aren't we all can't farm GW until lv40? I also didn't able to completed the GW to obtain 1200war gems until I was Lv51.

We all were one of you when we started the game.
  • Options
    Nope.
    Chance is not equal for everyone.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

i have mine at g6 4* i can concur but i'll be switching him for han soon.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

game's been out for just over a month. also, i'm highly doubtful any player makes 1200 crystals a day unless they're spending. 500 from rank 1 arena, 44 from daily achievements, 20 (or was it 25) from gw. that's a grand total of 566, which is half of what you proposed. am i missing any other sources of crystals?

edit: realized you were talking about gw tokens. yes, 1200 a day is normal.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Rutank wrote: »

Curious but why? Han is too slow to protect damage dealers. Easy for anyone with a stun/ability block to prevent his taunt. As it is only dooku and possibly Daka can stop Poes.

Poe gains a lot more at gear 7 with 138 speed plus another 1k health. I don't know how he will compare with level 8 gear to level 8 gear Han but I can't imagine Han will leapfrog him in speed. I'll have Poe at 5* and max gear tomorrow. Not planning on more stars for a while. I need Daka for GW and she'll take at least a week unless the bronzium lotto hits.
  • Options
    Han gives his team turn meter.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »

game's been out for just over a month. also, i'm highly doubtful any player makes 1200 crystals a day unless they're spending. 500 from rank 1 arena, 44 from daily achievements, 20 (or was it 25) from gw. that's a grand total of 566, which is half of what you proposed. am i missing any other sources of crystals?

edit: realized you were talking about gw tokens. yes, 1200 a day is normal.

Yes I mean the tokens. I doubt we will be making those tokens easily to "farm" phasma soon.
  • Options
    You should have started the game sooner. EA and CG are not obligated to give anything to you. I haven't started the game at the begining and i don't have some of the boost that some players did and i am not complaining. The promo is over. You said we were thinking too much, but imo you are the one who wants something that can ruin the "balance"of the game. Prepare yourself for Yoda and take a break with this Phasma.
  • Drake
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Rutank wrote: »

Han or poe... Depends on your and your opponents Team. Whats your Team?
  • Options

When I started GW I basically had a canned out-of-the-box team of JC/Wookie/Talia/Jawa plus Dooku and some more scrubs. I already have a 7* Lumi a few weeks later. So we're not exactly talking months here and aside from Dooku I don't put money into this game.

Farmable characters are characters you can get relatively easily if you're a FTP. Poe is a pain as you only get ~5 shards a day every other day but that just means about a week or two to unlock. And Cantina shards are available very early in the game. Phasma will be easier as he'll only take a couple week to star up after you start playing GW.

'Buying' these guys doesn't get you much if you can't farm them. A 3* Poe is pretty worthless as he doesn't have enough HP to handle a full round of attacks. Phasma isn't much better low-star as she can get focused out before firing even one buff/debuff but at least her leadership skill works after she's dead.

So these guys are all farmable. You just need to play the game a couple weeks before you get the chance.

Right on with this statement!!! If a character isn't farmable, you only have one choice, to spend money on Chromium packs and who wants to throw away hundreds or thousands to maybe get lucky and maybe have usable players?? It's much better to select F2P characters that are easily farmable like Luminara, IG86, Dathcha, and other from the variety of Arena's and other. Go check out that new list they have at SWGOHCantina titled "SWGOH Character Rankings". This list will break down who is easiest to farm along with effectiveness, a good starting point!!!
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    We were all 'one of us' at one point. I didn't complain that I wanted a free character at that level. I just dealt with the team I had, and moved them up through the levels and abilities.

You don't need POE to magically make your team better (or phasma). Just play and have fun.

Oh calm down. He is offering to BUY what they previously gave away for FREE.
    If anything this is the corporate-pandering opposite of the usual entitlement post. :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I will be shocked if we ever see another $5 pack in this game. The one you get offered when you start playing is there to get you started spending $$ on the game. Most games offer a "super deal" to new players and then it is never repeated.
    Look at the pack just about to end. They think that was a good deal: $18 for shards for starter characters. What do you think a $5 pack would contain?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options

We are all low levels. Please don't assume your farming technique applies to all. You are basically asking new players to wait a few weeks or months so they can earn a character that was free to all players last month. We are not asking for freebies. We want an option.

I totally agree with you. They should allow new players to access all the characters we had access to. Not sure why some people are so against that when it helps keep new players playing which benefits us all!
  • akositzke
    274 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I feel like there are a couple different issues here. From what I know, new players can still buy the starter packs that previous players were able to buy. I believe the character options may have changed - and I think they are even different from iOS to Android - but there are still options.

As far as the free characters early players received - it does stink for those who missed the deadline to receive those characters for free, but that's something that is somewhat unavoidable. Almost every game like this I've ever played has offered similar freebies for beta players / early accounts as a way of getting players signed up and thanking them for helping get the game up and running. Thankfully, in this game the rewards are able to be farmed - albeit with a little patience. If I remember correctly it took me 10-15 days to hit level 40 and unlock Galactic War. Even with my then 'out of the box' team of free characters I was able to complete the full Galactic War each day after learning the ropes and figuring out how retreats work. Doing this, Phasma could be obtained 4 days after GW was unlocked. As mentioned, Poe would take longer - roughly 2 weeks - but still not that much time in the larger scheme of things - especially considering that players who are around your level, which are the ones you'd be matched up against in Arena or Galactic War, would have the same 'disadvantage' of not getting the characters for free.

That being said, I wouldn't complain if EA decided to offer a $5 pack of the characters - just not expecting them to for the above mentioned reasons.

For what it's worth, there will most likely be situations in the future where new players receive benefits that existing players don't such as being offered characters in 'starter packs' that us existing players won't have the option to buy outright. It's the nature of the beast.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

We waited lol and farmed properly once we got to the required lvl, why should you and the other newer players not wait too? What makes newer players so special?

As they add new toons, newer players have a larger pool to build from then we had so........... by your logic, we who have played/invested longer deserve even more extra correct? Or just a special offer to only newer players an screw the veterans???????
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Op.. give you some good news. There is tons of server. So good thing is you probably in the server that ppl just join the same time as you.

Therefore you not going to play against veterans.