GW idea I haven't seen...

Geddre
224 posts Member
I posted this in the feedback section, but no one reads that. 14 views after 28 hours. So... I'd like to get people's opinions of this idea to make it not such a grind:

Rather than decrease difficulty, increase rewards, remove protection, etc... how about this:
Give us a second way to complete GW. Call it heroic mode. You only fight the 4 purple nodes and each victory gives you the cumulative rewards of the 3 nodes prior. In exchange, retreating is disabled. Simple as that. Be able to field a team strong enough to beat whatever you come up against in one try, or have multiple teams that you can field, as was intended originally.

After 90 full clears of GW, I can tell you there are usually no more than 1 or two nodes that really trip me up. Most of them are just filler - a time sync. I rarely need more than a second team to finish, and frequently just one. But that's because I can retry those first dozen moves or so as much as I want until I get that perfect sequence of rolls. But if I thought I could clear GW in exactly 4 battles, and get the same reward as grinding through all 12, I'd risk failing sometimes because of the massive time savings.

Thoughts?

Replies

• MacThizz
    89 posts Member
    I like it!
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    I don't know if you were around at the time but retreating used to save your progress within the node and allow you to sub in and out other characters in the middle of a fight, while losing buffs and debuffs. It made GW super easy and there was a big commotion made on the forums when it went away.

However, you could still effectively do the current form retreat by force closing the app in the fight. When you log back in, it would be as if the node was never started.

I believe one of the big reasons they changed the retreat mechanic was because they had no way of preventing the force close. So they decided since they couldn't stop it, they might as well make it an actual option in game.

This is a long way of saying I don't think they can prevent retreating because anyone could always still force close. And I think that was the only concession of your proposal.
  • They could add a timer like in the arena. That would remove force closing as a retrat option.
  • Force closing isn't an option given. It's you manually messing with your phone to close the app.

If they tried to penalize players for having the app closed in the middle of something by let's say, counting all the units you fielded as now dead in GW the devs would never hear the end of complaints from people who legitimately had issues with their app.

I know my game force quits when i receive phone calls. Would be super upset if my GW attempt for the day was ruined because of someone calling me.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    C00L_Story wrote: »
    Force closing isn't an option given. It's you manually messing with your phone to close the app.

If they tried to penalize players for having the app closed in the middle of something by let's say, counting all the units you fielded as now dead in GW the devs would never hear the end of complaints from people who legitimately had issues with their app.

I know my game force quits when i receive phone calls. Would be super upset if my GW attempt for the day was ruined because of someone calling me.

Yes. This. Also crashes from spotty wifi and having a suddenly dead battery (it happens).