Guild hopping madness

From what I've noticed it's guild hopping galore, I saw everybody was doing it including the guild I'm currently in so I decided to give it a try.
Here's what I've noticed.
People hop all around and back and forth between, 2, 3, 4, 5 guilds trying to get as many rewards as 24 hours can provide.
Obviously they can't be in all guilds at the same time, so what happens, guilds are left with 25,30 members at any given time, hoppers 'helping' another guild then waiting for raid to be completed and collect rewards, then hopping to 'help' another guild and what ends up happening is that half the original members of a guild are not contributing fully to their own guild for both activities and contibutions, resulting in lower overall currency for all members and guild coins pushing back raid by a day sometimes more.
Wouldn't it just make more sense to focus on maximizing one's own guild experience?
I was hoping that guilds would make the game more team oriented kind of bring people together inside the guild give them common goals and sense of purpose but guild hopping is achieving the exact opposite results.
Players are not 'helping' other guilds, all they really care about obviously is their own personal rewards, after all this is human nature, we have a highly competitive game where every piece of gear and credit rewards can help to get the edge vs Arena rivals.
I'm not blaming either sides, players who strategically take advantage of this loophole or devs who I sincerely believe never imagined guild hopping could be 'exploited' to this extent if at all, that's why I believe it's a loophole that must be fixed asap so that players finally hop back to their original guild and start focusing on common achievements and make the very word GUILD be relevant and make sense again.
I read the latest community update and quoting,

"Guild Hopping – another hot topic that we’ve been talking about in the studio. While no action will be taken against players who are doing this currently, know that we’ll likely be changing some of the mechanics surrounding this in the near future."

Glad to know that the team has taken notice that hopping has become an issue waiting and hoping (no pun intended) that a proper fix brings back more integrity to the notion of guilds.

Replies

• dough
    641 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    In a way it's understandable as getting through a Heroic Raid entails bringing in some heavy hitters to help get through it without it being an all- or multi-day affair; but as you pointed out, the guild-hopping is pretty far-removed from what the devs intended.

i've just sat back and watched the madness, somewhat admiring the drive it takes to properly organize, get kicked, then return to your home Guild but at the end of the day, there is nothing resembling teamwork at play here... it's basically every Schneider for himself, trying to obtain as many rewards and gear pieces before the inevitable hammer comes down from EA. It's a strange time for the game and i'm curious to see how it all shakes out.
  • My guild is fairly stable. We just did a heroic raid in which we got down to 25% left in phase 4 and could not finish.
    We went out and recruited several heavy hitters to help us finish.
    Do I care that they got rewards for hopping into my guild for 2 hours? No not at all.

In a couple more weeks we will finish without outside help. Until then, I am just happy we finished (well except for the useless purple gear I got as a reward).