Thanks from the Unholy Clowns

On behalf of all the dark clowns in our amazing guild, we would like to say thanks to all the men and women who have served (US). Without their sacrifice planing a game like this may not of been possible.

Thank You!!!

Replies

• Hi, I'm a fellow clown, I'd like to join your guild, my names bob, contact me later, thanks.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Clowns are scary.

And disproportionately serial killers. You have been warned!!

Yes happy Memorial Day thanks to those who have served in the military.
    Post edited by LordAlvert on
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Great post clown. Yes we should give a definite shout out and moment of silence and respect to our men and women who have made that sacrifice. Thank you all for standing up to protect our freedoms.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    your freedom isnt necessary everyone's freedom. I dont think this is a good place to thank the men and women who served you.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Lovesword
    204 posts Member
    It's a general topic forum leef, the post is in the correct location and is merely saying thank you to a group of people that happen to have a special place in the hearts and minds of many on this particular day. If you don't like the post, simply don't click/read it, and especially then spend even more time replying. As someone who holds this day close to my own heart, I find your response to be repulsive and offensive beyond words.
    Thank you veterans and those that gave all. Thank you OP for the topic.

• zaphod
    47 posts Member
    As a 100% disabled vet (US)
    Who is a sole survivor
    of a team of 5
    I accept the offerings of thanks on behalf of the 4 who did not make it
    Today is the day we honor those who died in defense of our freedom
    Veterans day we honor
    those who lived

There is a sign I read every time I enter the VA hospital I use....
    "The price of freedom is visible in these halls"
  • zaphod
    47 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    your freedom isnt necessary everyone's freedom. I dont think this is a good place to thank the men and women who served you.

I volunteered at a young age to fight to the death to protect your right to disagree with me.
    If you live in a country that has no freedom, perhaps you should take your attitude and channel it towards fighting for freedom for yourself and your countrymen/women
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Lovesword wrote: »
    It's a general topic forum leef, the post is in the correct location and is merely saying thank you to a group of people that happen to have a special place in the hearts and minds of many on this particular day. If you don't like the post, simply don't click/read it, and especially then spend even more time replying. As someone who holds this day close to my own heart, I find your response to be repulsive and offensive beyond words.

i dont know how my response is repulsive and offensive beyond words. I do know how someone else could find the OP repulsive and offensive beyond words. Thats why i said that i didnt think a game forum is the right place to thank the men and women who served you.
    I'm totally fine with you thanking your veterans, i even think its an honorable thing to do, this just isnt the place to do it. Mainly because people could get offended, there are players all over the world who use this forum, also players from countries who are at war with eachother. i for one would like this forum to be about the game, where we can all get allong without having to deal with real life issues that might drive a wedge between us. I did not meen to come across as repulsive and offensive beyond words, i was trying to avoid just that.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Lovesword wrote: »

i dont know how my response is repulsive and offensive beyond words. I do know how someone else could find the OP repulsive and offensive beyond words. Thats why i said that i didnt think a game forum is the right place to thank the men and women who served you.
    I'm totally fine with you thanking your veterans, i even think its an honorable thing to do, this just isnt the place to do it. Mainly because people could get offended, there are players all over the world who use this forum, also players from countries who are at war with eachother. i for one would like this forum to be about the game, where we can all get allong without having to deal with real life issues that might drive a wedge between us. I did not meen to come across as repulsive and offensive beyond words, i was trying to avoid just that.

Memorial Day is about remembering those who sacrificed their lives in service to their country, not veterans in general. Many countries have this holiday; it just so happens that today happens to be when it's observed in the US. It's one of those topics that if you have nothing nice to say, it's best not to say anything at all. Justifying your original statement is :/
  • I thought this was about Guildmates and was wondering why everyone was so proud? :o

Anyway, this belongs in off topic. Not in the general discussion of a gaming forum.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • zaphod wrote: »
    As a 100% disabled vet (US)
    Who is a sole survivor
    of a team of 5
    I accept the offerings of thanks on behalf of the 4 who did not make it
    Today is the day we honor those who died in defense of our freedom
    Veterans day we honor
    those who lived

There is a sign I read every time I enter the VA hospital I use....
    "The price of freedom is visible in these halls"

I disagree, everyday honor should go out to all.
    Thank You!!
    I thought this was about Guildmates and was wondering why everyone was so proud? :o

Anyway, this belongs in off topic. Not in the general discussion of a gaming forum.

Disagree again, this needs to be posted everywhere. General Fourm is the perfect fit as today of all days this needs to be the topic.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I thought this was about Guildmates and was wondering why everyone was so proud? :o

Disagree again, this needs to be posted everywhere. General Fourm is the perfect fit as today of all days this needs to be the topic.

No, it needs to go in Off Topic. Just ask a mod what they think and they will immediately move it to off topic.

Is it about SWGOH? No, then it's off topic.
  • Told you so.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    zaphod wrote: »

I volunteered at a young age to fight to the death to protect your right to disagree with me.
    If you live in a country that has no freedom, perhaps you should take your attitude and channel it towards fighting for freedom for yourself and your countrymen/women

some people see che quevare as a freedom fighter, others see him as a terrorist. Its hard to argue with someone who has sacrificed alot for what he believes is right, but you should realize that the opposing side also fights for what they believe is right. With the che guevare example i wanted to show that its not always clear who is right and who is wrong, its a matter of interpretation.
    I can see how thanking ones soldiers on a international forum might rub some people the wrong way, just like it might have rubbed you the wrong way if the japanese start thanking their kamikazi pilots (not a great example, but you probably understand the point i am trying to make) Thats why i said this is not the right place for those kind of things, not out of disrespect or ungratefullness.
  • A belated your welcome sir!