Boba Fett as Leader

Does he stand a chance? I have him gear 8, leader maxed ( not omega )...

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    As long as you know he's a wasted damage spot and can fill other characters in around him that benefit from his leader skill he might be ok, other than that he is useless.
  • Lando has been my main character, i have been trying to configure a group around him to maximize his potential for destruction
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    I think a Fett, Phasma & Lando combo would be fun. But, until fett is buffed I don't think it will be viable as a top arena team. I think they'll likely give fett quite the buff soon tho
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Lando has been my main character, i have been trying to configure a group around him to maximize his potential for destruction
    If you want to maximize his potential you need ackbar lead, his TG makes Landos AOE go off twice in a row(if it crits on first go)

• What about using fett (L) phasma, lando, ackbar, rg/st han... ackbar special is still able to be used... just not a lot of damage outside of lando though
  • MacThizz
    89 posts Member
    Boba has a amazing leader ability, as long as you can get crits. Pairing with phasma is pretty much a no brainer. I have done well offensively with the fett even in top 50 of arena in my December server. But he does seem to be lacking something that makes him anything more than a steroid for your other toons. I like to use him in raids for that leader ability though cause even anakins aoe leaves a dent (when he has advantage and O-up). Now Boba ability block seems to stick Often enough, But His Damage Is meh. So unless your stacking buffs for Vader or 88, then your just delaying the inevitable cause fett can't scare a paranoid schizophrenic with his other ability. And he's slow as molasses. So I guess it comes down to your style of play. And your confidence that your other 4 toons are powerful enough to overcome his lack of even being able to attempt a attack before he's picked off or debuffed into oblivion. Good luck though. I wanted Boba to be great so bad that I got him as far as 5 stars before I gave up. Mostly for nostalgic reasons. And because I frekin wreck fools when I get him in battlefront.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    What about using fett (L) phasma, lando, ackbar, rg/st han... ackbar special is still able to be used... just not a lot of damage outside of lando though
    Yeah you are already wasting a spot with Boba so you better have at least 3 high damage dealers in there and cant go wrong with RG in the mix to protect.

• I love Fett, and that's why I worked on him, luckily he's not my only top character, but I'm holding out that he will eventually get there...
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Good character in the movie but awful in this game.
  • Not sure if Lando can be in a top tier arena team or not?
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Not sure if Lando can be in a top tier arena team or not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvdfqPajORM
  • How did he get back to back specials? Was that because of a leader ability?
  • Wadlinq
    100 posts Member
    That is an old video which is very much out of date now. Yes, it utilized the bugged lead of Nute, which gave 25% TM on a crit.
  • I see
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Yeah its old but showing what back to back AOEs in the arena can do if you did ackbar.
  • Tayvyer
    115 posts Member
    I see

it is however said Greedo will get a turn meter gained lead once we go after level 80, might be something to consider for the future too
    I am Norwegian!
  • Been contemplating leveling Greedo, would be nice to see him get some changes as well
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Boba is not top tier arena as other pointed out because he is very slow and can't do decent damage. It was the first toon I went for and kept leveling and starring up since I started the game, so I like to use him. I did played with Boba leader right after the level cap increase and even recorded some vids:

It was all around Vader and AoE team so Boba leader plays a nice role when combined with Phasma. It was fun to build that team, but again, not very high damage for the current G10 Rey/Lea behind Old Ben.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Yeah, I'm trying to beat those teams without using meta teams, but not sure what the best way of doing it is, I am always going against the grain lol