Thank you for finally giving us diverse leader metas!

Prev1
Goosy
173 posts Member
edited May 2016
Today on my way to 1st I fought:

1 AA
1 Dooku
1 Old Ben

and 2 Phasma lead teams. Also I love that some ppl use han and some rg (50/ 50). I mean okay rey and qgj are in 90% of the teams but well at least we have diversity.

Amazing job - keep it up :) three months ago all leads were qgj or dooku. And yes i made first on a dec shard - cba if ppl believe me or not just hate me :)

Replies

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    2-3 evasion isnt diverse
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    Before it was 100% evasion and today i only met 2 evasion leaders
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Lol
  • You can hop between evasion leaders pretty easily. Dooku or Old Ben leads are only in half of all teams.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • OP the fact that you're happy about seeing 4 leaders in the arena should tell CG they have a problem here. Admiral ackbar's rework was extremely well done, more toons need stuff like that done to them. And more toons need different leader abilities, like maybe Rey or Ahsoka who has a generic dodge. Also toons like fives who has a "clones get 30 defense all other toons get half" need better ones. As it stands right now. There are around 13 or less toons that pretty much make up the arena. All of them are usually led by Old Ben, Dooku, Admiral ackbar or phasma.. Not much diversity after that. You might see a han or luminara lead, those teams usually are pretty bad, or have no better lead ability to use.
  • Ohhh, I get it. He is being sarcastic. Haha
  • There's also this one guy on my server who uses Lando lead. Ahem.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • PrincessPeach97
    48 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    There is some Phasma leading too.
    Is not as bad as before Dooku Dooku Dooku (dookcant handle him anymore)

:)
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/10/#leaders

Less than half Dooku old Ben. This is the most diverse leaders the game has ever had.

The Rey RG QG is the real lack of diversity in remainder of the team. Alternatives to RG and QG are needed
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Any leaders can beat any leaders. But 9/10 in top 20 will go for cookie cutter teams. It's nothing wrong with that.

People fail to realize how hard it would be to make every leader ability in game as OP as ben or aa.

There will always be the best team in games like this, period.
  • ReznorX
    77 posts Member
    Ignore Teebo leads at your own peril.
  • Yeah mine has Mainly Rex leads at top. Then Lando, Akbar, Phasma,Dooku, QGJ, Ol Ben, Han are all seem in my top 20. It has gotten much more diverse.

Agreed though RG/Rey is on near all teams.
  • ReznorX wrote: »
    Ignore Teebo leads at your own peril.

I do have 1 Teebo lead and one Chief Chirpa lead in top 40

• Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Lol ye we my server is just as diverse:
    1. Old Ben
    2. Dooku
    3. Old Ben
    4. Old Ben
    5. Rex
    6. Dooku
    7. Old Ben
    8. Old Ben
    9. Dooku
    10. Dooku

• Igor08
    221 posts Member
    The current meta is just Rey/RG/QGJ/STHan/*insert evade leader*
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Im using Phasma as lead since day 1 :)
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Greg1920 wrote: »

Less than half Dooku old Ben. This is the most diverse leaders the game has ever had.

The Rey RG QG is the real lack of diversity in remainder of the team. Alternatives to RG and QG are needed

That's just people who uploaded their info on swgoh.gg. On my server it's well over half CD and OB lead in the top 100. I can't go through 5 arena matches without fighting at least one of them since they're often the only options I have to gain enough rank. If anything I've seen an increase in dodge leads.

OBN2toU.jpg
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Current meta has to stop. It's boring as hell and still a "hotfix" for the OHKO strat pre update, where protection should have fixed that already.
    It's super lazy but w/e, the devs aren't really brainiacs, considering all the bugs/flaws and super bad decisions.

Arena is no fun and evasion leader teams are irritating, d-umb and lazy.
    Perhaps with 4 months of evasion led teams, it's time to boost other toons again instead of nerfing.

Wishful thinking I know...
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • At least now teams have more diversity. A lot more toons became viable with the last update. You can't really take the top 20 in arena as an example. They will always have the best characters in the game no matter who you buff or nerf
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Haha our top 10 has 4 rex's
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    fudgra wrote: »

That's just people who uploaded their info on swgoh.gg. On my server it's well over half CD and OB lead in the top 100. I can't go through 5 arena matches without fighting at least one of them since they're often the only options I have to gain enough rank. If anything I've seen an increase in dodge leads.

OBN2toU.jpg

Shards follow themselves so their is less diversity per shard then in the whole game. If you don't visit the forum you are going to only see teams on your shard. So when copying best teams you copy the best rw you face.

I'm on a Phasma shard where about 75% of the top 20 are her.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

OBN2toU.jpg

Shards follow themselves so their is less diversity per shard then in the whole game. If you don't visit the forum you are going to only see teams on your shard. So when copying best teams you copy the best rw you face.

wise words !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member

OBN2toU.jpg

I wish mine would switch to Phasma. I freakin jump on a Phasma team when I see it. It's like a red flag. "Look, you can hit us and win".

Otherwise it's dodge, dodge, dodge.
  • Phasma was the original PvP lead. It used to be all Phasma, ALL the time. She's good. Always has been.

I'm going to test a full Empire with either Vader or Tarkin lead this week, once I promote Stormtrooper, because, why not!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member

OBN2toU.jpg

This is exactly right. Although I am the only ackbar leader in the top 50 of my shard. Even though I hold on defense and beat all other teams with protection left on RG, I am surprised others are copying my team. that said, Rex, Dooku, Old Ben, Phasma, Ackbar are all legit leaders. Some teams would be good regardless of the leader. Leia, Rey, Aayla, RG + any of those leaders I mentioned would be competitive and top tier. I would like to see more diversity in the teams but leader diversity is decent.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Goosy wrote: »
    Today on my way to 1st I fought:

1 AA
    1 Dooku
    1 Old Ben

and 2 Phasma lead teams. Also I love that some ppl use han and some rg (50/ 50). I mean okay rey and qgj are in 90% of the teams but well at least we have diversity.

Amazing job - keep it up :) three months ago all leads were qgj or dooku. And yes i made first on a dec shard - cba if ppl believe me or not just hate me :)

How is this any different then when we had Dooku, QGJ, Poggle, or Phasma leads?

As for the current leads:
    Dooku is disappearing snice his nerf.
    AA is awesome, but those teams are actually easy to beat so this will not go far.
    OB1 and Rex are the primary leads out there and what I am seeing more and more of. If it continues, then there are actually less diverse leaders. What you are seeing is just a meta change from 1 group of leaders to a new one.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member

Last I looked it was about 42% of leads where Evasion leaders (Old Ben or Dooku). If you look at the base mechanic, "Evasion", 42% is not diverse. Think about all of the characters in this game and 42% of all arena squads are represented by two of those characters, two.

My server is all about Dooku and Phasma at least, few Old Ben and Lumi leads but definitely more Dooku leads than I care to see.
  • What's a meta? :'(
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Scourge194 wrote: »
    What's a meta? :'(

I think it's the next generation of Prius with a new line of pastel paints to choose from.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    My shard is 20% evasion, 50% Phasma now. Early November shard. Shards seem to vary greatly