Help with team

SilverSargeant
85 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hi!
This is my first post, so sorry if I did it wrong.
I'm ftp player and normally sit between 100-150 in arena.
Right now for arena I've been using:
Sid (Leader)
Lumi
Dooku
Poggle
Chewie

I've been looking to replace chewie because I fell he's not as good as some other characters. I'm thinking of replacing him with:
Another taunter like:
Poe or
Han
Or Some one with higher Dps like:
Kylo
Or possibly someone like:
Ackbar
I think Han would be better than Poe because of all the turn meter manipulation but most of the stuff I've read says Poe is better. Who is better?
I'm 74/80 for Kylo and I was wondering if getting more dps would be more useful. Also I really like his good health with his retribution and bigger damage when under 50% health.
I was thinking of Ackbar because a few times lately, I've run into teams that put a ton of DOT on my guys then Vader uses his attack with 30% bonus damage and would wreck me, and Ackbar could get rid of all the DOT and heal my guys.
Who would be the best choice? One of these toons or someone else? And why?

Replies

• Options
    My two cents:
    Switch Dooku for IG-88 for dmg and Poggle synergy.
    And then switch Chewie for either Poe for taunt, turn meter and better defence or IG-86 for more damage.

Ackbar is too situational imho. Don't know about your server but I've only faced one or two. Then again, maybe when I reach top 50 that will change..
  • Options
    If I did that, should I switch poggle into leader?
  • Options
    I think Dooku will be a longterm project that shines early, and then will be underwhelming until he gets 6* or better.

For your actual question, I'm using 5* Poe and there is absolutely no way I'd drop him even for a 7* Kylo Ren right now. He's literally just that good. I'd drop Chewie for Poe, then drop Dooku for something else until you can get him to 6*, probably Finn for his stun / expose since you'll need to single target burst a few characters vs most arena teams you fight, and having a second expose can really do that for you even without burst characters like FOTP or Leia.
  • Options
    A second thought is to farm Luke and use him as your lead over Sid. His tenacity buff is enormous and would actually go a long ways to making your Lumi a lot more usable against all of the Sid teams since they wont be debuffed as often. You lose some AoE damage that way, but given that you don't have a lot of AoE anyways, I think it would go a long way to making your team work together. Keep in mind, tenacity automatically has synergy with anybody that heals, and with Poe that's doubly true since he'll get more use out of his passive and Lumi.
  • Options
    I was looking at Poes taunt at level 7 and was wondering if there's a 65% chance to expose everyone meaning the rest of the time no one is exposed or if it meant that the first guy has 65% chance to get exposed, the second had a 65% chance to get exposed, etc.
    Basically will some on the others team be exposed while others are not?
    Sorry if that sounds confusing.
  • Options
    Just wondering, WHY is Poe preferred over Han?
  • Options
    Just wondering, WHY is Poe preferred over Han?

I know right I have Poe and sorry but he is not good you taunt him and guess what ..... HE DIES!!!!! So I prefer Han Solo turn meters awesome and has more health
  • Options
    Any other ideas? I like a wide point of view.
    Seems like Poe is a good choice, though.
  • Options
    royal guard gang