Good arena day...wondering about this team.

Few weeks ago i saw some version of this team who surprisingly kicked my butt. Old Balls (L), lumi, ST Han - dps/dps. I adapted it and am literally rolling through arena battles with this team like full health at the end. Old Balls (L), lumi, daka, GS, ST Han... I have no rey or leia or rg but lets face it, daka is really a second taunter cause she passively wills ai after her, and she can revive hans wussy **** if he gets killed. I guess my question is would you anticipate a lot of bad defense from this team. Wondering if i should develop them a bit more as i am trying to crack top 50 on a monster shard. Thanks for feedback

Replies

• If QGJ misses the dispel of ST Hans Taunt (or if they don't run a QGJ) I'd say it would be curtains. GS can do some serious damage, AI Daka likes her double stuns too. I'd pass.
  • Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    If QGJ misses the dispel of ST Hans Taunt (or if they don't run a QGJ) I'd say it would be curtains. GS can do some serious damage, AI Daka likes her double stuns too. I'd pass.

Yeah im not seeing a lot of qgj on my shard tbh and nobody but me is dumb enough to run asajj lead who has an equally good dispel
  • I ran Old Ben, Rey, QGJ, Daka, and STHan. It played OK, but I would slip overnight pretty dramatically. I started playing around Thanksgiving, so I am on an older shard. I could get in to the 30s, but would slip back to the 70s.

Interestingly enough, I put in Phasma for STHan, and I feel the team plays better, and I haven't really been slipping at all. Ending in the 20s and staying below 50. I thought without a real taunter (have both STHan and RG) I would be in trouble, but for some reason Phasma has been holder her own.

Just something to consider.
  • Thanks for the heads up. My phasma is actually 7* and st is 6 so i will try. Also i think gs is a bit stronger so you cant take him out like rey before attacks. I know rey hits harder but gs is no slouch. I omegaed mines second attack too. Im only breaking 100 on my shard but that was pre this team Its a dec shard maybe.
  • Wondering if i should develop them a bit more as i am trying to crack top 50 on a monster shard. Thanks for feedback

In terms of cracking the top 50, your team is Puerto Rico. Buenos suerte.
  • The AI plays the RNG game well. So for defense you want;
    Dodge
    Assist
    Stun
    Bonus attack
    Counter attack

Evasion and assist teams are maddening with the RNG AI bonus
  • Motherlode wrote: »
    Wondering if i should develop them a bit more as i am trying to crack top 50 on a monster shard. Thanks for feedback

In terms of cracking the top 50, your team is Puerto Rico. Buenos suerte

Ha!!! Yes without all that pesky being bankrupted by unethical hedgefund managers thing:)
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Yeah Lumi isn't gonna cut it in arena especially if you have hopes of cracking the top 50 and higher. Healers are not viable in arena besides Daka and she's mainly there for stuns. I'd replace her for more DPS honestly
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • You would be slaughtered in top 10 with that kind of team
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Yeah Lumi isn't gonna cut it in arena especially if you have hopes of cracking the top 50 and higher. Healers are not viable in arena besides Daka and she's mainly there for stuns. I'd replace her for more DPS honestly

Just sharing my experience.
    If I have time to attack, I will always finish top 50 before payout and 30+ before reset. Started playing mid of December.
    Currently using STHan (lead), Rey, Lumi, Phasma, QGJ..

I despise dodge lead, thats why i dont use dooku..

Imo lumi is not that bad.. ability block is quite important in some fight (if not resisted).. and her damage is well above average! heal is pretty bad with the protection up, but in some fight its a huge game changer.. I might swap her with daka once i 7* the stunning granny, but for the time being, lumi aint that bad :)
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    *maybe thats why i cant break into top 20 but hey
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Raven wrote: »
    *maybe thats why i cant break into top 20 but hey

Why not run Phasma lead instead of Han with that team? And the problem with Lumi isn't on offense but rather on defense. She'll put a target on your back because her heal means free Offense Up for QGJ teams and dps like Rey/Leia can still kill your healed up character.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Why not run Phasma lead instead of Han with that team?

That is a good point and could be a better option.. but I use STHan because of several reason, variety in leader in arena, on defense the offense up could be helpful (id say 70% of the fights only STHan is dead when im on offense), and I hate to factor in too much RNG, lol..
    And the problem with Lumi isn't on offense but rather on defense. She'll put a target on your back because her heal means free Offense Up for QGJ teams and dps like Rey/Leia can still kill your healed up character.

exactly, and her evasion up (not that high apparently) is is a free dispel for QGJ too..
    But to me:
    Are there better choices rather than lumi? Hell yeah, theres plenty!
    Is she a dead weight in Arena? absolutely not!
    Can I still get to top 50 with her? More often than not. :)
  • Evasion, meh, taunt, meh. I say kill em all. I run pure attack and it holds well.

Phasma Max gear Omega Lead
    Rey Max omega all
    QGJ max omega basic
    FOTP max omega all
    Leia 2 shy of max, omega basic or GS omega all but basic max

They can dodge all they want, when I do hit they die fast. RG is obsolete he dies very fast to this attack. Han who?

Sure evasion/taunt is still rampant. Yes I played with Ben, Han, Q,Rey,FOTP, but just not as fun.
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Thats so metal @DarthMasterShawn , kill kill kill! lol

what do you feel on omega'd phasma leadership? proc enough?
  • Raven wrote: »
    Thats so metal @DarthMasterShawn , kill kill kill! lol

what do you feel on omega'd phasma leadership? proc enough?

I only did VM
  • Evasion, meh, taunt, meh. I say kill em all. I run pure attack and it holds well.

Phasma Max gear Omega Lead
    Rey Max omega all
    QGJ max omega basic
    FOTP max omega all
    Leia 2 shy of max, omega basic or GS omega all but basic max

They can dodge all they want, when I do hit they die fast. RG is obsolete he dies very fast to this attack. Han who?

Sure evasion/taunt is still rampant. Yes I played with Ben, Han, Q,Rey,FOTP, but just not as fun.

Your team is cake walk

All teams are pal. Mines fun to use and beats the dull copy teams. Nothing constructive to say? Just a rude little comment a child would make? Where is the neener neener from you son?

Oh and that is today's team. I bore fast so toss in a different team pretty much daily. Pity your team is not on my shard. I'd enjoy beating on it, though typically the trolls are low rank so you'd not be up top for me to beat on,lol.

Cheers bud.
  • Healers don't work on defense but otherwise it's a good team. ;)
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    @DarthMasterShawn Come on now dont feed the troll :)

*and yeah massive face palm, her leader ability cant be omega'd!

@Nortikka_aikarajuu yeah heal timing sucks on defense.. but she got utility and damage on her side as well so it will do for now ;)
  • Raven wrote: »
    @DarthMasterShawn Come on now dont feed the troll :)

*and yeah massive face palm, her leader ability cant be omega'd!

@Nortikka_aikarajuu yeah heal timing sucks on defense.. but she got utility and damage on her side as well so it will do for now ;)

Yeah it's not bad but if i had to guess you'll probably lose about 99% of the time on defense but so do most of the teams. I like yoda and use him so i'm not the best to say so since i know how bad he can suck on def. ;)
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    The only team that beats me is

Phasma
    Daka
    Rey
    RG
    QG

I lose with stun/ revive Rng and a Rey plus assist attack on QG killing him before he moves. The dodge leads are easy to beat.