Faction-Requirements for Events ...

Achilles
1380 posts Member
Please stop events with specific char-requirements (Droids, Rebels, Empire, such) ... its just annoying and unfair to ppl, who do not have any char out of the required faction.

Try to design events, everyone is able to join, this would be a lot better ...

In the hope, you even consider read and think about.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Left by design.
The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.

Replies

• Achilles wrote: »
    Please stop events with specific char-requirements (Droids, Rebels, Empire, such) ... its just annoying and unfair to ppl, who do not have any char out of the required faction.

They do have events everyone can participate in... it's called every other mode of the game. It's ok if you don't like something, but there are also people who do enjoy them, so demanding that they stop is a little selfish.
  • It's funny how people always talk about "fair and unfair" on this forum. Everybody has the same chance to farm the same heroes, seems fair to me.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Achilles wrote: »

They do have events everyone can participate in... it's called every other mode of the game. It's ok if you don't like something, but there are also people who do enjoy them, so demanding that they stop is a little selfish.
    You can also enjoy the event without the need to have specific chars, isnt it? I didnt mean they shall stop events, i just would like to see the requirements altered/removed. Its not so fun, when you cant join any of the events, just because they require chars you dont have and dont want to farm.
    It's funny how people always talk about "fair and unfair" on this forum. Everybody has the same chance to farm the same heroes, seems fair to me.

Show me, how you farm a whole rebel team within 1-2 weeks (around the time when the event is anounced until its start) and im fine with what you typed.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • May 27-June 2 isn't enough time to farm a rebel team.

I chose not to farm Fives because I chose other chars, and I didn't do rebels either because I didn't like them for Arena. Aside from Fives, clones are all Pay Chars. I know many rebels are farmable, but that doesn't mean people wanted them.

At least with the Jedi Event for Yoda there were like 14 different jedi to choose from and everyone has at least a few jedi on their squad because if it.

So With that said, when are the events coming for those who farmed Sith, Emipire, First Order, Ewoks, Nightsisters, Tuskens, etc.

It's not even about FTP/P2P, it's about the fact they they cater to the massive amount of droid teams(there are only 4 droids aside from GG) and now they cater to every top 10 arena team running STHan, Leia, Fives.
  • Amth
    197 posts Member
    I am by no means taking any sides in what I say here. Personally I can complete the events as I do have a roster that can. However, the purpose of events is to provide something unique to the playerbase that is exciting in a limited window. The last thing you ever want to do with an event is to produce a negative player experience, and when you do exclude a large majority of the playerbase, its not ideal.

Development money that is spent and caters to a small percentage of the playerbase is typically not well spent when that same money could be spent to put something enjoyable on the table for the majority of the playerbase.

Again, I am not taking sides here, but I've seen too many friends/guildmates that felt disappointment with this event (and past events). Events are supposed to be exciting, something that players look forward to.
    Looking for a Guild? Click here for our recruitment post
  • There are 85+ characters in this game. You can participate in this event if you managed to basically max out 5 toons from a select 12.

At least with there being 14 Jedi, when the Yoda event first came out, everyone had at least 2-3 jedi from early on meaning they had to farm at most what 2 or even 3? Nope with this event it's likely you need to farm 5 toons, most of which have minimal value outside of this.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Nope with this event it's likely you need to farm 5 toons, most of which have minimal value outside of this.

Fives is a great toon in arena and also does a fantastic job in t6 raids, he has greta value outside the event.

Ackbar lead to me is almost as frustrating to face as a Dooku team, they take tons of turns and HR Scout and Leia do a lot of damage and in raids he is great for phase one if you don't have Rex.

ST Han imo is just as great a tank as RG, depending on the team you build he outshines big red.

Lando, though I don't have him, is a great AoE toon and some guildmates state that he is a staple in their GW team.

HR Scout is a decent attacker, in fact with Ackbar in as lead he takes so many turns and it feels like he gets to use his special a second time before my toons go twice.

Luke is supposed to be a beast at high gear, at least that is what I have heard from multiple guildmates.

Biggs is easy to farm, and in the right team, I'm sure he could be great as well.

So you see there are several toons that are farmable and can find use in more than just this event. I don't go into the others since they are p2p or even longer a farm than Rey. My point is though, since there is a high likelihood of this event recurring because of the achievement, I think this event is not much different from the Yoda event.