Precraft is nothing compared with guild hopping and/or top guilds in Arena

Sysy
307 posts Member
As a mostly FTP myself, I climbed to rank 1 2 weeks ago in the soft launch server as a 100% FTP (not even Dooku), running Dooku VIII, Rey VIII, RG IX, GS X. Yes I did precraft like 10-15 gears. But as a FTP this is my only advantage. After my first FTP rank 1 I invested 20 bucks into the game to get two furnaces for my Rey. It turned out to be good investment to keep me in top 5. So now my arena squad is X Dooku, X Rey, X RG, X GS and XI QGJ thanks to T6 raid my guild is doing.

However, this sort of advantage has already faded since most of my fellow shard mates are in top 10 guilds. They get way better raid rewards than I do so they did catch up really fast for the precraft gears. And once they start to hop, anyone whose guild is not strong enough to do T7 or don't hop will be in a severe disadvantage in terms of unobtainable gears.

To conclude, once the play ground in arena is leveled when top 50-100 all have max geared squads, being in a strong guild (that enforces the code of not attacking a guild mate) is perhaps the most important factor for arena success. Small guilds are simply doomed there. I think that day of doom may have arrived.
swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007

Replies

• Options
    Should i hop from my guild or stay in it and keep getting ranked 1 rewards? We do tier 5 raids which r easy for me i could easily do tier 7 but most except maybe like 4 or 5 arent ready for that...is the hop method worth it?
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Should i hop from my guild or stay in it and keep getting ranked 1 rewards? We do tier 5 raids which r easy for me i could easily do tier 7 but most except maybe like 4 or 5 arent ready for that...is the hop method worth it?

He's talking about guild hopping which is a practice where people fight in a T7 raid on day one, hop to another guild, and do a T7 raid on day two. They continuously hop between two guilds to effectively circumvent the artificial cap on the number of raids a guild can do. This enables them to get double the rewards of someone who stays in a guild that does not exploit circumvent the rules intentional mechanics that enable this to happen.

There are also reports of people able to complete multiple raids on the same day. Which I think is an actual exploit. But sometime @CG_NotReallyAJedi confuses me. :)
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    @LaFlamaBlanca76 I share your pain, mate. Precraft gear is going to even out in 2 month at most for every server. But the real battle in Area is going to be between guilds... So rationally for both gears and arena ranks (crystal), you (and I) should consider to change guilds. It is so sad since we may have made so many friends within the guild already.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    @SlyGambit Thanks for explaining that, mate. My problem is not so much with guild hopping or precraft. Gear levels have already evened out for my server top 50. So guild membership now has became a hug factor in making decisions about who to attack in arena. This puts small guild members in a huge disadvantage.

I am not complaining about this, tho. It is just sad that small guild members may be forced to either leave arena to top guilds or leave their friends to join top guilds if they want to remain competitive in arena...
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure I understand this. There are no rules against guild jumping. People are leaving one guild to join another in order to do another raid which anyone else can do. You precrafted which anyone else could have done but did not (although most people are still upset at that) and are complaining about guild jumping? That seems extraordinarily hypocritical. Your precrafted 15 uncraftable pieces of gear and were at a huge advantage over everyone else and are now whining about people catching up.

Did you even read what you were writing? You really think anyone would take you seriously? I don't even guild jump because I do think it is shady, but you make me want to.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Haplo Not sure if you cared to read my post... I am not complaining about people catching up. For me, guild hopping is not as much as an issue as top guilds. In my server arena top 50 are all max geared, so hopping more or less does not change this. I am just experiencing the sad fact that small guild members may be forced to either leave arena to top guilds or leave their friends to join top guilds if they want to remain competitive in arena...
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Why would you be forced to leave arena? If you can't get 1st you are just going to quit? I have always been behind in power/gear as I didn't precraft and have never done a raid above tier vi and have never gotten a full gear piece even though I have never been below rank 5. Even after all that and being 3 to 4K below everyone else, I still am rarely below 2nd or 3rd at payout with rarely any refreshes.

I don't have a problem with high level guilds, even though I'm not in one, because they put in the work or money or both to get there.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This would not be as much of an issue if the game was more segregated, but when you go up against someone with maxed out gear from hopping in arena or even GW... ugh!
    Post edited by EM650 on
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Haplo wrote: »
    Not sure I understand this. There are no rules against guild jumping. People are leaving one guild to join another in order to do another raid which anyone else can do. You precrafted which anyone else could have done but did not (although most people are still upset at that) and are complaining about guild jumping? That seems extraordinarily hypocritical. Your precrafted 15 uncraftable pieces of gear and were at a huge advantage over everyone else and are now whining about people catching up.

Did you even read what you were writing? You really think anyone would take you seriously? I don't even guild jump because I do think it is shady, but you make me want to.

Having pre crafted gear and guild hopping are not at all close to the same thing.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Guild hopping is a problem but you do realize that it is such a big problem because of what preceded it aka precrafting. After the update changed the recipes to the now aptly named unobtainable gear there was a discrepancy between these that precrafted and those that didn't. Since then nothing that's been introduced in this game has reduced that discrepancy, in fact it might have even widened it. Besides Tier 7 raids which are honestly beyond a joke, every other tier will be dominated by those with tuned up character gear 9 and up. Protection is a such a huge deal in raids because it's the difference between surviving two shots or three. When those people keep placing in the top 3 for every raid they get more raid salvage than the rest and it becomes a vicious cycle.
    Lastly if you think precrafting isn't a problem, look at my signature and tell me raids have fixed the problem. Guild hopping and arena are both problematic because of precrafting and it's been a domino effect that has yet to be stopped.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Okay, so take this situation and theoretically remove all your precrafted gear from the situation.

Which way ends up worse?