Who else is farming Hoth Soldier?

LaLiam
1589 posts Member
He's close to 5* for me from scratch, its been a long journey.

Is anyone else farming this previous gem?
{RotE}

Replies

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    I was lucky to pull him from bronziums a while back, but mine is still halfway to 5* and it's slow going for sure.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Have him at 5* 76/85 right now. He's an excersize in patience, no doubt.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    I farmed him for many months.. I have him at g9, he needs a Scanner to 10 and I do NOT regret having taken him up. :)

I just scanners now. :(
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    I'm so glad its not just me, this gives my grind great hope.
    {RotE}
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    im working on him too, 113/65 currently so quite a ways to go

him, ewok elder, and urorurur are a pain in the "behind" to farm
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    He's a good character, worth it for the Rebel event or even raids, Arena, GW; a good well-rounded toon.
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Everyone should be farming him. It's one node, 36 total energy a day if you don't refresh. It basically costs nothing but patience, and he's a great toon for a rebel squad.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    I've been at it for forty two days, with 28 shards to show for it. Terrible drop rate compared to the normal 32-34 I get for everyone else. Anyone else have particularly bad luck with him?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    mel wrote: »
    Everyone should be farming him. It's one node, 36 total energy a day if you don't refresh. It basically costs nothing but patience, and he's a great toon for a rebel squad.

This is a good summary, patience is key
    {RotE}
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    @hhooo he drops the same for me as other hard node shards, probably just bad rng
  • He also has cc counter
  • twaller
    123 posts Member
    I am farming for my rebel squad one day and I am 5 star 50/85. He gets to G9 without raid gear and only needs two raid gear pieces overall which is nice. He is a long **** farm. I have always swiped him from shipments and the shard shop. Hopefully he is decent in arena because in GW he is pretty handy even though from what I hear he is bugged
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    my only hesitation about long farming him is that CG will make him an easy farm after we're all almost close to having him 7* lol happened to me with anakin and ima gun di, hard farmed them for months, had them both over 6*, then boom moved to cantina, If I just waited I could of saved all that energy for gears and just farmed them from cantina, that'll teach me for trying to be "ahead"
  • I really can't see why he would be so good? :smile: Is it the taunt plus counter? Is it the unique (I find heals to be very underwhelming with half of the "health" being non healable)? or his offense down, it can't be right?
    Someone with deep insight please explain yourself!
  • Oh he got perma taunt though, is that it?
  • I only recently made a point to farm him and wish I started sooner without getting put off by the amount of time it would take, but it's only 36 energy, so why not? Obviously, he won't be in my primary rebel squad (largely because of the months it will take to bring him to 7*) so I plan on keeping him as an extra/swap-out alongside Biggs (who I've decided to max out after all).

I have him at 30/50 at the moment. This is my exercise in patience and I'm looking forward to the turnout.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Started farming him was at 75/50 and then he dropped from a bronzium :) So almost 5* now
  • twaller
    123 posts Member
    I really can't see why he would be so good? :smile: Is it the taunt plus counter? Is it the unique (I find heals to be very underwhelming with half of the "health" being non healable)? or his offense down, it can't be right?
    Someone with deep insight please explain yourself!

His kit is just interesting being he only toon with taunt and counter, at least before GG was released but even GG has to have the buff for counter chance. His damage is just meh but he has O down with high potency. Keeping up debuffs on someone like Rey off of counters. He has like 44k combined health and protection with a chance for health up. On top of all that is he easy to gear just 2 pieces of raid gear and none needed for G9. Makes him nice for a pet project
  • droctane
    79 posts Member
    37/50 >_<
  • I haven't been, but after I get my last 4 FOTP shards, this seems like a good way to go. I've already got what I think is 5 great Rebels, another one would be nice.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Yep, i'm farming him, still 4* and it's a long journey...
  • oofalong
    171 posts Member
    about 50 shards to go; it's quite the long farm
  • I kinda stopped because now I'm farming clone seargent. Before I stopped I had 12/50 shards :P
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • 66/65

I haven't really been farming him, but i completed Barris today (my 26th 7*) so I think it's time