Should I wait to level characters until 7*?

So I'm having a little bit of difficulty determining a long-term success strategy. It would seem that since characters max out at level 60 (70 in the future?), it would be beneficial to wait to level characters until they are maxed-out with their star level, in order to maximize their total power rating. Anybody else doing this? Is it even feasible to wait that long, considering I don't pay for anything? All hints and help are welcome, thanks in advance for your reply

Replies

• I think that when you promote a character the bonus power the character gets is due to the stats being upgraded to match the new rate. For example, if upgrading a character to two stars brings the strength bonus per level from 1 to 2, then upgrading a level 5 character provides a bonus of 4 strength, accounting for the 4 strength that the character would have gotten if it was upgraded to two stars while still at level 1.
  • Waiting to level your characters up will not net you any gain. When you promote their star level they gain bonuses retroactively for all levels they've already gotten.
  • I think that when you promote a character the bonus power the character gets is due to the stats being upgraded to match the new rate. For example, if upgrading a character to two stars brings the strength bonus per level from 1 to 2, then upgrading a level 5 character provides a bonus of 4 strength, accounting for the 4 strength that the character would have gotten if it was upgraded to two stars while still at level 1.

This.
  • So then a character's power is something closer to (base power) x (modifier) x (level), and not an aggregate of each step along the way? Any confirmation on this?

Also, a quick question about gear... Is there only one piece of gear available for each slot per character, or do I have of choice between multiple pieces of gear for any one slot? It would seem the latter would be more fun and allow for more customization, whereas the former is kind of a boring pseudo level-up grind
  • Man, this forum has fast replies, that's great! Thanks for all the help,

Derek
  • Ermmm, a character's power would be more like Base power + (modifier x level) + gear bonuses.

And sorry to disappoint but no you don't have a choice of what to slot in for gear. The game dictates what you can put in there. It is grindy, yes, but that's the way it is.