General Grevious

Teague
939 posts Member
How logical is it for a FTP to pursue him?

He seems as if he would be great if surrounded by naturally high health characters who just don't have a taunt. Such as 5's, Kylo Ren, NS Initiate, exc...

But how logical is a pursuit of him? Is it possible to get him unlocked in under a month? How long to get him stared up?

Replies

• Don't do it. I about to quit trying if dengar in farmable. Been farming him for three weeks and only have 30/80 shards.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Not possible in under a month to unlock, but I did it in about 6 weeks without paying money.

Spend all three Galactic War shipments on someone with 7 stars, spend at least two Arena shipments on someone with 7 stars, refresh Cantina energy and buy one Cantina shipment a day, farm the Cantina node of someone you already have at 7 stars--that should get you about another 10 per day on average (assuming you're doing an 8 energy node; about 8 if you do a 10 energy node). That should get you about 600 Shard Shop currency a day (give or take, based on the randomness of the Cantina shards dropping from nodes). You can squeeze out a little more if you have Luminara as one of your 7 star characters, as she has three nodes in normal light/dark battles. (Talia, Mace Windu, Old Daka, IG-86, and Jedi Consular can also be farmed this way with normal energy if you've got them at 7 stars through GW/Cantina/whatever. But your mileage on ranking them up might vary)

As to whether or not it's worth it, well, that's up to you. I did it, and I don't regret it, but while he's a good character, for the amount of effort it takes he isn't super amazing awesome or anything. In hindsight, I kind of like that because it means he isn't a gamebreaker--he's just a solidly good second tier character. There's no absolute do-or-die NEED to get him.

So do it if you want (I did, I liked the challenge), but don't feel like you can't go deep without him.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.